MR Maul FX Saber : My first Review~

Statues and all other Star Wars collectibles (Kotobukiya, Gentle Giant, Sideshow, Lego...)

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

mandalorianBleahhh

MR Maul FX Saber : My first Review~

Post by mandalorianBleahhh » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:46 pm

Well, I have not written any reviews and I know I am not professional, but heres my take on this FABULOUS replica!

First off, The BOX....its a beauty by itself. Just the Art of Maul on the Box alone, makes u wanan just RIP thru the box and get to the saber...

When the saber is out of its plastic 'condom' (*ahem) the cool touch the aluminium gives is different from my previous Vader FX (which had some what liek a chrome finish, and its tarnishing a bit on the edges :cry: ). With this Aluminium finish, it gives a really reasurring feeling that it will not tarnish that easily...or not at all!
Also the Weight, its slightly heavier then the Vader FX, giving it a good feel of the weight.

The end of the 'sliced' hilt, shows a really cool red Sith syntetic Jewel. First we have seen i supposed, frm the FX series.

Comparison with Vader FX

Once its on, the sound resonates from the end of the saber. Now the coupling design makes 'some sense' with all the holes around it, so that the sound would not be 'trapped' inside when the two hilts are joined.

The sound is the same as what i get frm my Vader FX. But a notch or two louder and crispier.

Frm this pic, u can see that my vader is a tad Fuller in terms of the Light emmitted frm the polycarbonate blade. I think this is where the Lithium Energiers are worth the money..... And batteries, the Maul FX uses 3 AAA batteries each if u still dunnoe. So i cant decide if its the Lithiums that are making it brighter or not, as there are no Lithium AAAs.... so....

Now its assembled, view the full glory of the MAUL FX...

Well, its not a really detailed one. But I promise a full review of my coming MAUL costume....so...keep a look out!!

My Rating:
Design: 9/10
Feel: 9/10
Weight: 9/10 (the weight really makes it feel so authentic)
Resemblence: 8.5/10 (due to the coupling, but its necessary)

Maybe I am biased, but I'm loving this!
"In my books; Experience outranks everything"

adamteo

Post by adamteo » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:19 am

cool......nice long saber
:)

BobaFett

Post by BobaFett » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:37 pm

Where you bought it and how much?? :shock:

mandalorianBleahhh

Post by mandalorianBleahhh » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:12 pm

Simply Toys, $319 I think...lol..cant remember already... i just want it..would buy it even if its $400...

JediJean

Post by JediJean » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:23 pm

Got mine at Simply Toys for 315.25, but have yet to bring it home... soon soon... :twisted:
________
Roor bong pictures
Last edited by JediJean on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:26 pm

Nice review there. Very gian , but yet i can't afford
JediJean wrote:Got mine at Simply Toys for 315.25, but have yet to bring it home... soon soon... :twisted:
Yes yes, use it on the new secretary :twisted:
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

JediJean

Post by JediJean » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:49 pm

I just met her today... she's alright so far, if you ask me... :)
________
Dating advice forums
Last edited by JediJean on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:49 pm

woah! I love to see the action of the duel blades. can someone take a video of it too?

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:34 pm

Commander Faie wrote:woah! I love to see the action of the duel blades. can someone take a video of it too?
It'll basically be the same as this:

Image :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:21 pm

Plo Strax-Avix wrote:
Commander Faie wrote:woah! I love to see the action of the duel blades. can someone take a video of it too?
It'll basically be the same as this:

Image :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I mean using this FX saber...hahahha

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:46 pm

Commander Faie wrote:I mean using this FX saber...hahahha
Yes I know, just teasing you :P

Tomcat

Post by Tomcat » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:03 am

I went down to Simply Toys to try the sample Maul FX. The chrome finish really gives that sophiscated look, very cool indeed! The motion on this FX seems more responsive. It weights rather heavy, probably due to 2 FXs together.

mandalorianBleahhh, like to know how heavy a single FX is? U says Vader looks more fuller, do u mean brighter than Maul?

I probably wl get a single blade if interested. Double blade quite pricey for me :wink:
"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant, next to the power of the force"

mandalorianBleahhh

Post by mandalorianBleahhh » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:06 am

Tomcat wrote:I went down to Simply Toys to try the sample Maul FX. The chrome finish really gives that sophiscated look, very cool indeed! The motion on this FX seems more responsive. It weights rather heavy, probably due to 2 FXs together.

mandalorianBleahhh, like to know how heavy a single FX is? U says Vader looks more fuller, do u mean brighter than Maul?

I probably wl get a single blade if interested. Double blade quite pricey for me :wink:
well, fuller as in u can compare below:

Vaders blade here is so full the u cant actually see a thin outline of the polycarbonate blade....and the reason i can think of is the batteries used in my vader , Lithium Ions.........

Its heavier then ur standard saber...a bit towrds to lukes' saber weight....

get it, u wun regret

Tomcat

Post by Tomcat » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:57 pm

Perhap u can try use lithium batteries on Maul FX & see if it still hv the same effect.
"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant, next to the power of the force"

mandalorianBleahhh

Post by mandalorianBleahhh » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:25 pm

Tomcat wrote:Perhap u can try use lithium batteries on Maul FX & see if it still hv the same effect.
if u have read (carefully, *ahem) maul FX uses 3 AAAs. Lithium IONS dont come in AAAs...so.....

Return to “Other Star Wars Collectibles”