Pictorial Review on Lego Set 6205: V-wing starfighter

Statues and all other Star Wars collectibles (Kotobukiya, Gentle Giant, Sideshow, Lego...)

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

Valentin

Pictorial Review on Lego Set 6205: V-wing starfighter

Post by Valentin » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:27 pm

Product: 6205 V-wing
Theme: Star Wars
No of pieces: 118
Release Date: Feburary 2006
RRP: SGD29.90/USD9.90
Availability: Lego Shop@Home, Target, Toys 'R' Us (US & Europe), Bricksworld (SG).

[QUOTE=Lego.com]Rule the spaceways!

The sleek V-wing fighter can adapt to any situation! Position the wings and flaps in attack mode to protect Palpatine's shuttle from enemies. Or position the wings in flight mode to survey the area for intruders! Either way, the V-wing is ready to strike for the Republic.
  • Includes Clone pilot and R4 droid.
  • Position wings in attack or flight mode!
[/QUOTE]
Quite a minimal amount of baggies for this set, as noticed. And the best thing is... no sticker sheet. Yippee!! :bounce:

The completed v-wing. Though not really a complaint, it would be nice if the entire astromech body was provided instead of only the head dome. :p
Of course, then it wouldn't be movie-accurate, since the Q7 series astro-mech is integrated with the starfighter. :lol:

He's definitely well-painted for a simple mini-fig. Since even the back is painted too. I have to assumed this is the same mini-fig provided for 7259 ARC-170 Starfighter too, since I don't have that set. Anyway, this mini-fig is much more accurate for this v-wing since his suit is rated against vaccum, while those in the arc-170 aren't . :p

One thing that's lacking is the instruments panel in the cockpit... it's totally non-existent here. I wonder what went wrong during the design stage.

For more pics, check out the two links below...
Box pics...
Loose pics...

Personally... this is the second most anticipated set for 2006, the first being the tie interceptor, for me. One thing is that there's no known release of the V-wing starfighter by hasbro, nor the other well-known brands. The other thing is that being a star wars vehicle collector, I would really loved to see a replica toy of the V-wing.

And the V-wing by the Lego Group does not disappoint... it's nearly movie-accurate, except for the cockpit transparisteel cover which could used some paint like the x-wing's.

Also, there's a permanent landing gear that quite neat, since it allows you to land the craft on uniform surfaces.

The s-foils on the other hand can be quite a pain to pose into flight position. Very difficult for the s-foils to remain symetrical during play.
TK3835 [Hooters]
501st Legion

Valentin

Post by Valentin » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:28 pm

The "swoosh-able" or play factor of this product is quite good... just check out the pics for yourself... :D

*Crackle* General Skywalker, we have incoming!

To conclude, the v-wing starfighter would make a much better companion to the Eta-2 Actis Interceptor (Jedi Starfighter), than the arc-170. Coz the arc-170 seems more like a long-range bomber to me, than a snub-fighter. :p

And a final pic to show it at rest...
TK3835 [Hooters]
501st Legion

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:04 pm

Excellent photo reviews! Thanks for sharing the joy of Star Wars LEGO with all of us :)

I like how you improvised with the CD cylinder as a stand. :wink:

Valentin

Post by Valentin » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:12 pm

No problemo. A ruckus on Lego Star Wars needed to be created anyway. :twisted:

keke...
TK3835 [Hooters]
501st Legion

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:04 am

Nice photos u got here.
The back of the V-wing is a bit turn off for me. Just like that? two translucent yellow/green circles???

Valentin

Post by Valentin » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:06 pm

Based on the incredible cross-sections for ROTS, it is movie-accurate.

So it actually depends on asthetics anyway... :wink:
TK3835 [Hooters]
501st Legion

Return to “Other Star Wars Collectibles”