Pictorial Review on Lego set 6208: B-wing Starfighter

Statues and all other Star Wars collectibles (Kotobukiya, Gentle Giant, Sideshow, Lego...)

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

Valentin

Pictorial Review on Lego set 6208: B-wing Starfighter

Post by Valentin » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:23 pm

Product: 6208 B-wing Fighter
Theme: Star Wars
No of pieces: 435
Release Date: Feburary 2006
RRP: SGD79.90/USD34.99
Availability: Lego Shop@Home, Target, Toys 'R' Us (US & Europe), Bricksworld (SG).

[QUOTE=Lego.com]Powerful fighter of the Rebel fleet!

Build the Rebellion's heavy strike ship with this exciting set! Just like the classic Star Wars vessel, its wings can fold for flight or vertical landing. Challenge the forces of the Empire and use your launchers to save the day! Service tower doubles as a display stand for the fighter and can fold down for easy storage. Cockpit opens so you can put the B-wing pilot at the controls.
  • Includes Rebel pilot.
  • Fold the wings for landing or flight!
  • Missiles launch!
  • Service tower doubles as a display stand!
[/QUOTE]

Contents of the set, seven baggies, one big brick, one sticker sheet, and the instruction booklet.

Thus the completed model and the leftovers.

There's two mini-figs for this set. That's the generic b-wing pilot and Ten Numb. Makes one wonder if he's related to nien nunb, the dude who flew with Lando on the M. Falcon.
Whilst the helmet for the b-wing pilot is cool, the face of the pilot is not. To me, it's supposed to be grim... not smiling. Looks real weird anyway. Ten Numb, on the hand, is one good-looking sullustan. The resemblance is definitely there, when compared to the sullustan in the movie.

This set has alot of technic parts, but it was worth it. The result is an awesome, movie-accurate b-wing starfighter. While I really wish to say more, the above pics are actually enough to convey my meaning, so let's continue on...

This is the cockpit. Like the 6205 v-wing fighter, it could use some paint on it's transparisteel cover.
There's a joystick, and a translucent red piece to simulate the electronics panel.
TK3835 [Hooters]
501st Legion

Valentin

Post by Valentin » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:24 pm

The service tower, is anything but a tower... It's too short to be able to do maintanence on the b-wing. It does carry an array of tools, and also two proton torpedos. Anyway, it looks more like a quick arms resupply and refueling platform to me.

The neat thing is that this platform is articulated. Sure does give alot of ideas for play value.

This set comes with the ability to launch missiles or torpedos, since it's in space. And the mechanism that made it happen is shown above.
It's not very powerful though, my torpedos average a distance of 6cm from launch...

Being big, I do expect it's "swoosh" factor to drop... though that's not the case.

*Target Locked*

And this is how it might have happened, during a hot re-supply action at the battle of Endor.

*Touchdown*

It's a preference, but I usually see b-wings at rest like the above pic. It looks better that way in a hanger too. Since the pilot can easily get on and off the fighter that way.

To conclude, this set beats the v-wing and the tie-interceptor in the play valuie, and 3 are very well-designed.

I didn't want to get this set due to it's pricing in SG. So I got it at a sale instead. Looking back, I would have gotten this with or without the sale, if I was able to see the actual model and not pics. :doh:
TK3835 [Hooters]
501st Legion

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:05 am

This B-wing is definitely an improved from its predecessor. Cool stuff man!

Return to “Other Star Wars Collectibles”