Hasbro Force Fx Lightsabers + Ultimate Fx Lightsabers

Statues and all other Star Wars collectibles (Kotobukiya, Gentle Giant, Sideshow, Lego...)

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

Handsome

Hasbro Force Fx Lightsabers + Ultimate Fx Lightsabers

Post by Handsome » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:56 pm

Hi,

I wanna find out from all you guys on what do you think of the Hasbro Force Fx Lightsabers as well as the Ultimate Force Fx lightsabers.

Force Fx Lightsabers

Basically, the Force Fx Lightsabers are more prestigious and more valuable. They are sold at Simpytoys for $229.90 and $249.90.
They also come in Many different lightsaber Hilts and designs.
Some examples are the Luke Skywalker ROTJ, Anakin Skywalker ROTS, Darth Maul, Darth Vader, Obi Wan ROTS, etc
They are also extremely popular with Star Wars fans as they feel and looks exactly like the real lightsaber when ignited.

Ultimate Fx Lightsabers

The Ultimate Force Fx lightsabers only come in a few designs. Locally, they are only available as Darth Vader and Anakin Skywalker design. They can be purchased from ToysRUs for a price of $69.90. From what I know, they are popular among young Star Wars fans and are durable.
However, the blade is significantly shorter than the force fx ones, the light is dimmer and the hilt is made of plastic. I recently purchased one of these, the Anakin Skywalker one and am satisfied completely with the product. The clash sounds are great and more sensitive than the force fx. It is also much lighter, making it easy for young children to hold.

What Do You Experts Think?
"You'll find I'm full of surprises."

Luke

gundam_skywalker

Post by gundam_skywalker » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:57 pm

I am not expert. Also very new on this. I find the Hasbro or MR FX Lightsabers are over priced here. Recently, I got the Luke Skywalker Blue Saber at $169.90 from TRU. I should have wait as there were further discount later. I managed to get another Darth Vader from TRU at $158.00. Thinking there is still profit selling at $158, what is the profit margin for selling at $229 to $249? And later I got the Darth Maul saber at Takashimaya for $99.90. It is a half saber, so I bought two to complete it. Just think, two sabers for $199.80. One saber selling at $229.90 at ST. What do you guys think?

As for the Ultimate FX, that is just a toy for kids. There are loads of them all over Singapore. I will wait for them to drop to below $20 and buy for my kids to play. :lol:

Just my two cents.

Handsome

Post by Handsome » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:19 am

Nice. Lucky you. What is what is Tru? Some online store?
Yep true Simplytoys mark up quite high, considering Taka still makes a profit at $99.90. But perhaps Darth Maul Lightsaber is the least popular, therefore, making it the cheapest. I also managed to get one also at Taka. But at Taka, other lightsabers like Anakin Skywalker removable blade and Darth Vader Removable blade were still selling for $249.90. Suppose it is due to the popularity of the sabers. Perhaps clearance sale also.

Yep Ultimate Fx is more like a toy. Had it, LED light is not too bad. Quite bright compared to other toy sabers but no competition compared to Fx. But for the price it is a good buy and a good gift for kids. Plastic hilt gives away the authentic feel of a real saber. But sorry dude, no offense but i dun think they will drop below $20. Maybe third or fourth hand maybe. Not brand new one. Sold my used one for around $40.

Luke

gundam_skywalker

Post by gundam_skywalker » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:33 am

Handsome wrote:Nice. Lucky you. What is what is Tru? Some online store?
Yep true Simplytoys mark up quite high, considering Taka still makes a profit at $99.90. But perhaps Darth Maul Lightsaber is the least popular, therefore, making it the cheapest. I also managed to get one also at Taka. But at Taka, other lightsabers like Anakin Skywalker removable blade and Darth Vader Removable blade were still selling for $249.90. Suppose it is due to the popularity of the sabers. Perhaps clearance sale also.

Yep Ultimate Fx is more like a toy. Had it, LED light is not too bad. Quite bright compared to other toy sabers but no competition compared to Fx. But for the price it is a good buy and a good gift for kids. Plastic hilt gives away the authentic feel of a real saber. But sorry dude, no offense but i dun think they will drop below $20. Maybe third or fourth hand maybe. Not brand new one. Sold my used one for around $40.
TRU - Toys R Us.

For the low-end collection of lightsaber, I would prefer the fully retractable ones before this Ultimate FX release. I find the playability higher which you can truely extended the lightsaber blade from the hilt. No offence but I think you are still new to this toy collecting. You can't imagine how much the retractable lightsabers were clearing at Carrefour two years back. You can check with our moderator Dranoel. :wink: Bought a Darth Vader version at the sale.

Handsome

Post by Handsome » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:43 pm

Oh ya TRU. Yeah moderately new. Lucky to have got it so cheap at TRU. But I find the retractable ones kinda childish. I got 3 of those. But blade is very short. But retractable looks nice when Hung on belt or pants.

TRU.no.longer sells a good fx ones already.. replaced with childish ones.. unlucky.

Luke

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:36 pm

UFXes have very soft blades that when you duel with it, the LEDs inside are gonna die within days.

UFXes also has plastic hilts which turns me off. However, you must understand that these sabers are targeted towards kids.

Hasbro FXes are thinner and lighter than MR FXes and comparable to replica sabers in terms of size. The removable blades are a great idea tho plus now they come with saber clips which you can clip to your belt and hang your saber sans the blade and go to town with it!

That said, I much prefer MR FXes as they feel just right in my hands. The LEDs in both Hasbro and MR will die eventually if you duel too much and the blades my break off.
If that happens you can get it converted or you can convert it yourself if you can buy buying the conversion kit from TCSS.
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

gundam_skywalker

Post by gundam_skywalker » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:36 pm

Handsome wrote: TRU.no.longer sells a good fx ones already.. replaced with childish ones.. unlucky.
Did you see properly? I just saw them last week.

Handsome

Post by Handsome » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:18 pm

Yep. Unless u consider the ultimate fx. Which TRU u see with your eyes?

Luke

gundam_skywalker

Post by gundam_skywalker » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:31 am

Handsome wrote:Yep. Unless u consider the ultimate fx. Which TRU u see with your eyes?
Tampines. Display in glass cabinet. In fact, all the TRU display their Force FX in glass cabinet.

Handsome

Post by Handsome » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:22 pm

Good Information. Will update my sources and information accordingly. But this only shows the huge mark up they charge at SimplyToys.
Got my Luke at TRU today. Supposedly let piece

Luke

Return to “Other Star Wars Collectibles”