EFX Luke Skywalker ROTJ V2 Stunt Lightsaber Review

Statues and all other Star Wars collectibles (Kotobukiya, Gentle Giant, Sideshow, Lego...)

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

ehwwong

EFX Luke Skywalker ROTJ V2 Stunt Lightsaber Review

Post by ehwwong » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:27 pm

Hi All,

The stunt lightsaber from eFX has receive mixed review, some like it some hate it! I actually tried to decide which series i would like to start off first, unfortunately the sky rocketing prices of MR lightsabers, i am reluctant to spend a small fortune on it, especially its my first..

I ended up with this awesome, luke skywalker ROTJ v2 which IMO is priced for entry level collectors like me.. :)

Having not own a MR lightsaber, i have the luxury of NOT comparing them... frankly, you cant because this lightsaber is PCR (precision cast) with resin and it is painted to look like the "real" thing. At US$89~US$99, i think its a small investment.

As a display piece, it definitely served is main purpose...... which is for DISPLAY and it looks good.

One of the main complaint i have with this is, it does not come with a display case like the MR (well, given the price... i know, i have to accept it) Fortunately, i manage to custom-made a display case with acrylic cover and now it looks much handsome!

Have fun!

al13ns
Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates

Post by al13ns » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:11 pm

that's a nice custom made display case and acrylic cover...may i know from where u bought it and how much ? need some for my AOTC Obi and Dooku, and Luke ROTJ.

u display it in a detolf case ? i display mine in the living room and over time it collects dust, and some fungus also grows on the glass panel :shock: ...have to clean it regularly
ImageImageImage

ehwwong

Post by ehwwong » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:38 pm

hey...

actually one of my relative happen to own a acrylic fabrication workshop.. i provided them the dimension and requested a mirrored base. The 3mm acrylics are then laser cut to give a smooth finish and they are inexpensive too.. I got it for FOC though... :)

Currently, i can't find a good location so i display the case in a showcase brought from ikea... ya.. singapore damm DUSTY!!!

i did not require a stand for this case because the eFX came with it, but i think you may need it. If you are able to provide some dimension, i can check out the cost for you... shouldn't be too expensive, probably under $100 if i ask them for a favor.

al13ns

Post by al13ns » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:59 pm

hmm i think the dimension should be same as urs, can u help me to check how much it is (acrylic case and mirror base). thanks :)

actually i also wanted to get the Anakin ROTS one for trooping :)
ImageImageImage

Skyguy

Post by Skyguy » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:26 pm

al13ns wrote:hmm i think the dimension should be same as urs, can u help me to check how much it is (acrylic case and mirror base). thanks :)

actually i also wanted to get the Anakin ROTS one for trooping :)
Bro, theres one shop at Bras Basar selling these transparent display box. Can't really remember which level it is on. I think Its on the 2nd floor thou and located at a not-so-open corner. You can try to look for it there.
Andrew Chow - TD 4668 <GOOD DIRT>
501st LEGION
Singapore Garrison
(FISD)

"Always loyal to the EMPIRE"

al13ns

Post by al13ns » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:33 pm

roger roger trooper
ImageImageImage

Return to “Other Star Wars Collectibles”