KotoBuyika Clonetroopers

Statues and all other Star Wars collectibles (Kotobukiya, Gentle Giant, Sideshow, Lego...)

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

Commander Appo

Post by Commander Appo » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:18 pm

Vincent Collections at CSC should have a few pcs too. Honestly, the term 'scalper' is very hard to define. Would you call me a scalper if I bought 2 Koto Shock Troopers, 1 to keep and 1 to sell, so the profit I make can be used to buy other statues? What is the limit I can buy before I am considered a scalper? 3? 4? 5?
Commander Appo@Jedi Temple

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:33 pm

I think we already covered this in another thread. But just for the record I don't think hogging everything and reselling at higher price is a very nice thing to do, but that's how most, if not all businesses operate.

That's why you have the license holder, licensee, manufacturer, exporter, imported, sole agent, agent, sole distributor, sub-distributor and retailer.

A scalper is something like a sub-retailer, just one more 'middle-man' among all the other middle-men, except a scalper is not an authorised middle-man.

That's why some companies decided to make ALL the money themselves and sell direct.

Its all about supply and demand. If no one is desperate enough to buy from the scalper, they won't exist. If the buying stops, the scalping will too.

vector_prime

Post by vector_prime » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:58 pm

Plo Strax-Avix wrote:I think we already covered this in another thread. But just for the record I don't think hogging everything and reselling at higher price is a very nice thing to do, but that's how most, if not all businesses operate.

That's why you have the license holder, licensee, manufacturer, exporter, imported, sole agent, agent, sole distributor, sub-distributor and retailer.

A scalper is something like a sub-retailer, just one more 'middle-man' among all the other middle-men, except a scalper is not an authorised middle-man.

That's why some companies decided to make ALL the money themselves and sell direct.

Its all about supply and demand. If no one is desperate enough to buy from the scalper, they won't exist. If the buying stops, the scalping will too.

You're dead-on right.........110% agreed

anyway......nobody force anybody to buy from these people :wink:
* You should be more concerned with character than reputation because character is who you are, while reputation is merely what others think.

=PATIENCE HAS IT's REWARDS=

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:02 am

Plo Strax-Avix wrote:I think we already covered this in another thread. But just for the record I don't think hogging everything and reselling at higher price is a very nice thing to do, but that's how most, if not all businesses operate.

Just a matter of perspective. 2 sides of the same coin really. I term it the Two-Face phenomenon.

Scalpers - when one forms a bad opinion about them; perhaps they present a shabby & shady first impression. Or they just have no licence & may be illegal;Unsophisticated.

However, if one subscribes to Gordon Gecko's philosophy, then a scalper becomes an Entreprenuer. Greed is Good!! These are licenced & legal; Sophisticate.

Another activity in similar vein would be a loanshark & a bank.
Go figure. :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImage

Tomcat

Post by Tomcat » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:21 am

halth_5 wrote:anyone getting?

how about posting some personal views on it?

i'm still undecided heh.
I'm not getting it. No places to keep or display & expensive leh. My 3 3/4" figs. already no space to put.
"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant, next to the power of the force"

Commander Appo

Post by Commander Appo » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:19 am

this is human nature at its best....even YOU! *pointing at everybody looking at the screen* :lol:

if you had the opportunity to make more $$ be it toys or anything else, you would definitely grab the chance with both hands and do it. I'm not condoning the actions of scalpers nor am I berating them. like I've mentioned before, the reason why I stopped collecting action figures was because of this reason. hunting down such stuff has worn me down so I only collect high-end collectibles now.

btw, someone on sgcollect.com just remarked that Mr V at CSC gets his Koto supply from TFH. anyone can verify this?

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:40 am

Just reserved a shocktrooper from a sgcollect member :D
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:46 pm

Shocktrooper S$215 from an uncle i called... straight fresh from Japan... those limited 1000 Japan things, you know. Well, look like he's not the roadside uncle u define some time ago.

Commander Appo

Post by Commander Appo » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:11 pm

e3lipse wrote:Just reserved a shocktrooper from a sgcollect member :D
inkferno right at S$205? good price.

e3lipse

Post by e3lipse » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:23 pm

Commander Appo wrote:
e3lipse wrote:Just reserved a shocktrooper from a sgcollect member :D
inkferno right at S$205? good price.
Yup
Inkferno

Faie
Find out more about that uncle... shop...auction id... blah blah

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:31 pm

S$205? where? HK or japan or US one? and how can i reserve tt? just asking only...

in the meantime i'll further ask on tt S$215 from tt uncle.

e3lipse

Post by e3lipse » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:03 pm

Commander Faie wrote:S$205? where? HK or japan or US one? and how can i reserve tt? just asking only...

Japan edition
I prefer Jap since Koto's a jap company

Its proberbly sold out liao haha...Cheapest anywhere , i grabbed it as soon as i saw to post :P

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:11 pm

e3lipse wrote:
Commander Faie wrote:S$205? where? HK or japan or US one? and how can i reserve tt? just asking only...

Japan edition
I prefer Jap since Koto's a jap company

Its proberbly sold out liao haha...Cheapest anywhere , i grabbed it as soon as i saw to post :P
Must tell me mah!
i also want de lor, got lobang must shares... next time got any cheap news can pm me? im very keen on clones...

nvm, i'll try to make uncle sell me S$200... laters...

Commander Appo

Post by Commander Appo » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:24 pm

that inkferno guy also has Koto exclusives to sell. he had 2 each of the Sandtrooper Corporal and Sandtrooper Sergeant. now he only has 1 of the Sandtrooper Corporal left.

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:31 pm

Commander Appo wrote:that inkferno guy also has Koto exclusives to sell. he had 2 each of the Sandtrooper Corporal and Sandtrooper Sergeant. now he only has 1 of the Sandtrooper Corporal left.
You bought a Sandtrooper Corporal Commander Appo? How much? I just bought one myself...you have all the Sandtrooper now?

Return to “Other Star Wars Collectibles”