Pictorial Review: 8084 Snowtrooperâ„¢ Battlepack

Statues and all other Star Wars collectibles (Kotobukiya, Gentle Giant, Sideshow, Lego...)

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

Valentin

Pictorial Review: 8084 Snowtrooperâ„¢ Battlepack

Post by Valentin » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:51 pm

Product: 8084 Snowtrooperâ„¢ Battle Pack
Theme: Star Wars EPV: The Empire Strikes Back
No of pieces: 74
Release Date: January 2010
RRP: SGD30.90/USD10.99
Availability: Lego Shop@Home, Retail Outlets(Worldwide)
Defeat the Rebels with Imperial might!

Build up your Imperial forces and celebrate the 30th anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back! When the Rebels’ secret base is discovered on Hoth, the Empire attacks with a force of cold-weather Snowtroopers. Includes battle station with flick-firing missiles, Imperial Speeder Bike, 2 Snowtroopers, AT-AT Driver and Imperial Officer.

• Includes battle station, Imperial Speeder Bike, 2 Snowtroopers, AT-AT Driver and Imperial Officer!
• Battle station armed with rotating flick missile firing gun!
• Speeder bike measures over 5" (12cm) long!
• Battle Station measures over 3" (10cm) long!
All thumbnails will bring you to a hi-res image of 800x600pixels when click upon.

Image Image

Very neat... just the product when we need more snowtroopers & AT-AT drivers. :wink:

Without further ado,
Image Image
Note the 30th anniversary logo for "EPV:The Empire Strikes Back".

The product comes with 2 baggies and an instructional booklet.

And here's some shots of the instructions...
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Here's the close-ups of the 2 baggies.

Check out those snowtrooper backpacks and helmets.

Fall in!

Here's the 4 views of the minifigs
Image Image Image Image

The mini battlestation is like a portable command centre. Comes with a missile launcher and communication/radar equipment/terminal.
Image Image Image Image
The station being manned.

Last but not least, the speeder bike! And the remaining pieces.

Here's the views of the bike.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

With everything together, BATTLESTATIONS!

Similar to the 8083 Rebel Troopers Battlepack, the minifigs were supposed to be the star of this pack. Rather I find this battlepack more worthwhile due to the speederbike even though it's got less bricks than the other battlepack.

And for those who invest in those Daiso $2 acrylic cases, this battlepack fits just so snugly into it.

Thanks for reading.
TK3835 [Hooters]
501st Legion

zhengjiez

Post by zhengjiez » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:14 pm

_
Last edited by zhengjiez on Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valentin

Post by Valentin » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:41 pm

Thank you. :wink:

Well, to me, it was worth it, (at preorder price of 20% off retail), then again, if one were to look at Bricklink's prices for loose mini-figs like Snowtrooper, AT-AT driver... makes one wonder, how does a single mini-fig cost more than a battle pack with 2~3 such mini-figs? Alas, the irony of it...

Seriously though, depending on one's collecting interest and focus, this battlepack is not too bad, unlike the rebel alliance one, and at the very least, there's 3 iconic characters and a speeder bike. :twisted:

Moving aside from starwars, lego in SG was never cheap, since the usual retail sales only brought the pricing nearer to the US equivalent but never the same. And this is due to supply and demand and also the amount of stock brought into SG that sets the local market prices.
TK3835 [Hooters]
501st Legion

jenki

Post by jenki » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:17 pm

mmm i got a feeling lego is going to re-release that snowtrooper with the backpack separate from the helmet like they are gng to with boba fett

Jedd the Jedi

Post by Jedd the Jedi » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:34 pm

Lego being expensive is something I've always grappled with. It was one of the reasons why I branched out to action figures, but Lego Star Wars has always been my first love, since I was nine. It's very unfortunate that it costs so much, even as the quality of the bricks begins to drop (as the quality of the design improves).
"We seem to be made to suffer, it is our lot in life!"

><>

masteryoyo

Post by masteryoyo » Tue May 31, 2011 2:41 pm

Had just bought the 66364 'Superpack 3 in 1' at Raffles City Robinsons at $69. The superpack consists of 7749 Echo Base, 8083 Rebel Trooper Battle Pack and 8084 Snowtrooper Battle Pack. In fact, this is masteryoyo's first foray into Lego sw. Masteryoyo agrees that TLG is overpriced and would not have bought the set if not for the discount. The snowtrooper minifigs with the blasters are highly recommended for ESB fans :D

PS: Valentin, thanks again for another wonderful review
"Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future."

gillzManiju

Post by gillzManiju » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:03 pm

The set it self looks cool and fun. The AT-AT driver has a new helmet it looks like its from the movie. The speeder was never in the movie, but it's fun to play with. The station is well detailed with a radar dish & controls, for attacks there is a rocket launcher. I recently just picked up the LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon set and that one is also awesome. Thanks for the great review.
Last edited by gillzManiju on Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Awwee

Post by Awwee » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:41 pm

Professional bro!!! :D sweeet review!
MEPD Police Officer
DS-809 Vampire 4 Omegawing
TI/TK/TD-9809 501st Singapore Garrison
Time the Dirty Boyz play....

Return to “Other Star Wars Collectibles”