Lucky find of collectibles

Statues and all other Star Wars collectibles (Kotobukiya, Gentle Giant, Sideshow, Lego...)

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

masterjamous

Lucky find of collectibles

Post by masterjamous » Tue May 31, 2005 2:53 am

Chance purchased 2 WIRELESS contoller pads for PS2 at JB Holiday Plaza.
One featuring Yoda picture on the handheld [Yoda green all over] and the other Darth Vader pic with detail on the helmet of Anakin & Obi-wan lightsaber dueling [black all over with silver motif].
RM80 each
YAHOOOO............works really well with the console...........HAH, HAH, HAH!!!! GOT PICS

Will be receiving Star Wars Episode III Souvenir Stamp Sheet from Australia, hopefully 2 sets. YAHOOOO...........thanks to my bro-in-law a SW fanatic whose studying there....
here's the link http://www.auspost.com.au/philatelic/st ... ory_id=444
:lol:
Last edited by masterjamous on Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Tue May 31, 2005 11:02 am

Come and think of it, there seems to be less SW related stuff this year? No Pepsi, MRT Souvenir set.....that's all I can think of at the moment.....Would have loved to complete the MRT set though.....

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:22 am

Yeah you are right didn't see star wars images on drink cans like some years back on Pepsi, Coca cola, Sprite / 7-Up - thought I had collected some :?:
There were also on mugs from fast food chains
Alamak, maybe the char bor lang threw them away or maybe up in kitchen cabinet...must check.
Yah, I have the MRT cards for Phantom Menace.
Eh what's happening? If Singpost can do something for Polar Express, strange they gave a miss on SW ROTS.

But I did see Bossini selling the T-shirts and then you can buy the bounce-back punch bag with Darth Vader picture.

Will keep my eyes open for such. Especially the watches which I know is on sale for $100 at TFH.

But so sad I cannot show the pictures of the limited edition control pads. :? :( :roll: :cry:
ImageImageImage

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:19 am

masterjamous wrote:But I did see Bossini selling the T-shirts and then you can buy the bounce-back punch bag with Darth Vader picture.
actually, it is Baleno :)

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:58 am

Finally managed to put the pics in!!
Check out my first post here - PS2 wireless control pads.
BTW, saw a game shop [same level as MPH bookstore] at Parkway Parade selling the Vader version at about SGD 80/=.
Indeed my lucky find in JB.
ImageImageImage

Commander Appo

Post by Commander Appo » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:46 pm

masterjamous wrote:Finally managed to put the pics in!!
Check out my first post here - PS2 wireless control pads.
BTW, saw a game shop [same level as MPH bookstore] at Parkway Parade selling the Vader version at about SGD 80/=.
Indeed my lucky find in JB.
there was an article in the New Paper recently about the SW controllers. The guy who usually reviews IT stuff for TNP said its a good buy because its professionally made and of good quality. I remember him listing the price at S$64 or S$65. how much did you pay for yours masterjamous?
Commander Appo@Jedi Temple

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:36 pm

there was an article in the New Paper recently about the SW controllers. The guy who usually reviews IT stuff for TNP said its a good buy because its professionally made and of good quality. I remember him listing the price at S$64 or S$65. how much did you pay for yours masterjamous?[/quote]

Yes Commander Appo, the finish of the pads looks great & feels solid. Colours are true. Looks every bit the high quality & grips good too.
Best thing is NO MORE WIRES!!!! No need to sit too close to tele or monitor, 5 metres away still no problem.

But of course, to keep it in good condition, all the usual precautions in handling applies. So don't drop or bump the pads too many times, preferably never.

Paid ringgit 80.00 per limited edition pads, conversion rate at that time was about 2.3, which works out to SGD 35.00 each. YAHOOOO.....again n again !!!
Wondering if other designs available.

Do read my first posting in this same thread.

It's a celebration ! Rare bargain !
ImageImageImage

Commander Appo

Post by Commander Appo » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:09 am

that's a really good buy.
Commander Appo@Jedi Temple

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:19 am

Really nice find ! :D

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:46 am

danchia wrote:Really nice find ! :D

Thank you thank you!! to Appo & Dan

Yah, holding it in your hands is berry bery nice lah!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:27 pm

hbng wrote:Come and think of it, there seems to be less SW related stuff this year? No Pepsi, MRT Souvenir set.....that's all I can think of at the moment.....Would have loved to complete the MRT set though.....
there was the m1 top up cards but find them too ex to collect ... :evil:

Return to “Other Star Wars Collectibles”