My Koto Corporal conversion with dewback accessories

Statues and all other Star Wars collectibles (Kotobukiya, Gentle Giant, Sideshow, Lego...)

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

donleow

My Koto Corporal conversion with dewback accessories

Post by donleow » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:55 pm

Been inspired by Paul aka tk_110201 Koto conversion, I have decided to follow the same imperial path but I am timid enough to only did a small change to my first own koto figurines...

I have this sandtrooper koto orange pauldron,and I always like the feel how in ANH the sandtroopers were riding on dewback in the dune as search and patrol team...thus when my dewback arrived, i can;t wait to pair them up and the ratio seems to fit pretty well

My pet lizard

What are u looking at rebelscum

What i did observe that the koto left pointing hand has a clinching fingers accept the index fingers and thumb making it looks awkward thus i did by drilling hole in the hand and attached the rope that strand to the dewback...that with this modification, it looks better to me...

Next i did by converting the koto patrol leader into a corporal using a black soft plastic i found in the house and cut it to shape and size

For the MG weapon, i did a non canon conversion by attaching the MG onto sandpack of the troopers which i think it was really cool , similar to Jin Roh version of kerberos .....

Finally, reolacing MG with a lancer in the trooper hand and that is my very minor conversion of my first koto 12 inch figure...i also did a minor weathering on the mouth and chin of the dewback to bring out the depth of the colorscheme on its head...as seen

Now u got a corporal with dewback and lancer...and hope u folks enjoy...
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:46 pm

Very very nice Don. Well done!

I too started making a Dewback/sandy diorama more then a year ago, but unfortunatelt got sidestepped and never got it completed. maybe I'll get it done sometime soon...

Now go and get a few buckets of sand, make some sand dunes, and you're done! :wink:

donleow

Post by donleow » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:44 pm

my wife will kill me with the sand in the house......haha even when she saw the dewback , the first thing she was like wow is that a cat or dog...
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:47 pm

giddyup horsey, erm, i mean lizzy. Now you should try cutting the lags and make him sit on the dewback. If I had a 12" dewback, that's what I'll do man. Unfortunately, the koto and dewback are way off scale but still quite nice. Hmmmmm...anybody with a 1:6 scale used dewback for sale?

donleow

Post by donleow » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:53 pm

haha TK u are my mentor and idol in this area...lol

bro Plo
comon get ur sandtroopers up ..infact since u got all 3 , u shld just do a scenario of it...shld be very nice
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

erase

Post by erase » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:46 am

Don, is NICE and with a lame word WOW!!!
TD/SL-5125 501st SIN Garrison
MEPD Deployed/327th Star Corps
Let me see your identification...

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:53 pm

Incredible! :o

That's a nice simple but yet effective custom!

But i was wondering it's a bit wacky to take the rope and pointing?

And is that deliberate attempt you darken the lines around the grey patches of the helmet?

donleow

Post by donleow » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:46 pm

ya it might be whacky but sure fit the awkward original handsign of the trooper ...ya for the outline of helmet i did some highlighting...
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:30 pm

donleow wrote:bro Plo
comon get ur sandtroopers up ..infact since u got all 3 , u shld just do a scenario of it...shld be very nice
Ok lah this weekend I'll *carefully* take all 3 Koto Sandies out for a photo shoot, then put them back again. I may even do a diorama with my yet uncompleted Dewback and the 12" (somewhat poseable) Hasbro/Kenner(not sure which is it, bought it loose) Sandy on it...

donleow

Post by donleow » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:13 am

haha if i can get any cheap koto i will definitely saw those legs...for now have to value them...lol

ya bro Plo...look forward to ur pic shot with that really expensive SLR...
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

maulsith

Re: My Koto Corporal conversion with dewback accessories

Post by maulsith » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:35 pm

*edited: please do not quote the entire original post with all the images. It is ok to just post your response, since this entire topic is all about donleow's custom piece.*
:shock: Holy Sith....That's simply...a superb and an incredible Master piece.. :D

Return to “Other Star Wars Collectibles”