KOTOBUKIYA CLONES..

Statues and all other Star Wars collectibles (Kotobukiya, Gentle Giant, Sideshow, Lego...)

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

maulsith

Post by maulsith » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:24 pm

erase wrote:Becareful don...very addictive... don't be like me...there no return... :(
Any personal opinion on collectings Kotos versus the rest of the figures such as unleashed,3.75" etc..

inuka

Post by inuka » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:31 pm

Koto figures are in the 1/7 scale and generally stands about 11" in overall height. Unlike other figures, they are non-articulated but the poses that they come in, are usually quite awesome.

They also come pre-painted and the details are very good. I currently have 17 Kotobukiya Star Wars figures and counting. :)

Read somewhere that Kotobukiya will be releasing a figure of General Grievous soon!

maulsith

Post by maulsith » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:35 pm

inuka wrote:Koto figures are in the 1/7 scale and generally stands about 11" in overall height. Unlike other figures, they are non-articulated but the poses that they come in, are usually quite awesome.

They also come pre-painted and the details are very good. I currently have 17 Kotobukiya Star Wars figures and counting. :)

Read somewhere that Kotobukiya will be releasing a figure of General Grievous soon!
:roll: Oh ya.I heard of it too with the new released of the silver Ep3 Vader as well.
17 Kotos...Phew.!! that mean most of it you already have it rite? :shock:

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:42 pm

inuka wrote:Read somewhere that Kotobukiya will be releasing a figure of General Grievous soon!
After the just-released Luke Skywalker in classic Tatooine gear from A New Hope should be either the C-3PO and R2-D2 two pack, or Slave Leia.

General Greivious from Revenge of the Sith is also a Confirmed release for this year or early next year. However I have yet to hear any word on Princess Leia Organa in classic white dress from A New Hope, although it's supposed to be confirmed.

maulsith

Post by maulsith » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:57 pm

Plo Strax-Avix wrote:
inuka wrote:Read somewhere that Kotobukiya will be releasing a figure of General Grievous soon!
After the just-released Luke Skywalker in classic Tatooine gear from A New Hope should be either the C-3PO and R2-D2 two pack, or Slave Leia.

General Greivious from Revenge of the Sith is also a Confirmed release for this year or early next year. However I have yet to hear any word on Princess Leia Organa in classic white dress from A New Hope, although it's supposed to be confirmed.
:? Wish they can released more types on trooper or Jedi / sith series...Wish to see Dooku in action..

donleow

Post by donleow » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:22 pm

inuka wrote:

any chance to list out ur inventory for the benefit of the interested collectors here
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

inuka

Post by inuka » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:17 pm

donleow wrote:
inuka wrote:

any chance to list out ur inventory for the benefit of the interested collectors here
Sure! :D

Scout Trooper X 2 (one is Mint in Box and one displayed)
Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise
Snow Trooper
Sand Trooper X 2 (Orange Pauldron - Commander) (one is Mint in Box and one displayed)
Sand Trooper (White Pauldron - Sergent) (Exclusive)
Sand Trooper (Black Pauldron - Corporal) (Exclusive)
Boba Fett
501st Div Blue Clone Trooper X 2 (one is Mint in Box and one displayed)
Red Shock Trooper (Exclusive)
White Clone Trooper (AOTC Version) X 2 (one is Mint in Box and one displayed)
Darth Vader (Episode III)
Commander Bly
Jango Fett

That makes up the total of 17. Looking to add Darth Maul to my collection but I can't seem to find it anywhere for a reasonable price. :) I passed over Han Solo as well as the recent release of Luke Skywalker because of budget constraints. On hindsight, that recent Luke release is actually quite nice. But no choice, due to lack of budget, got to prioritise.

In addition, I also have a 1/7 Scale Kotobukiya Spiderman which I bought from TFH for around S$135 sometime late last year. This one is awesome.

donleow

Post by donleow » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:57 pm

nice collection dude, any lobang for black pauldron corporal been searching high and low ...
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:20 pm

inuka wrote: I passed over Han Solo as well as the recent release of Luke Skywalker because of budget constraints.
I have an extra Koto Han Solo if you want to get it in the future.
donleow wrote:nice collection dude, any lobang for black pauldron corporal been searching high and low ...
Don, I'm selling off my Exclusive Sandtroopers(Orange, Black & White Pauldron) as a set if you're interested. All MISB. Make me an offer.

donleow

Post by donleow » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:04 pm

yo Bro Plo

I have sent u a PM...hear from u soon
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

maulsith

Post by maulsith » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:27 pm

inuka wrote:
donleow wrote:
inuka wrote:

Sure! :D

Scout Trooper X 2 (one is Mint in Box and one displayed)
Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise
Snow Trooper
Sand Trooper X 2 (Orange Pauldron - Commander) (one is Mint in Box and one displayed)
Sand Trooper (White Pauldron - Sergent) (Exclusive)
Sand Trooper (Black Pauldron - Corporal) (Exclusive)
Boba Fett
501st Div Blue Clone Trooper X 2 (one is Mint in Box and one displayed)
Red Shock Trooper (Exclusive)
White Clone Trooper (AOTC Version) X 2 (one is Mint in Box and one displayed)
Darth Vader (Episode III)
Commander Bly
Jango Fett

That makes up the total of 17. Looking to add Darth Maul to my collection but I can't seem to find it anywhere for a reasonable price. :) I passed over Han Solo as well as the recent release of Luke Skywalker because of budget constraints. On hindsight, that recent Luke release is actually quite nice. But no choice, due to lack of budget, got to prioritise.

In addition, I also have a 1/7 Scale Kotobukiya Spiderman which I bought from TFH for around S$135 sometime late last year. This one is awesome.
:) superb cooool collection of that you have..esp.the troopers....simply awesome....

inuka

Post by inuka » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:01 am

My collection of the Kotobukiya figures only started the last couple of years. I like the figures because the poses they come in are simply awesome.

Hey bro donleow, read on this thread that bro plo's offering you his Koto Sand Trooper Corporal! That will make a great addition to your collection!

My set of 3 Koto Sand Troopers are my favourites. In addition to this, I also have a complete set of Sand Trooper Mini-Busts from Gentle Giant; the Orange and White Pauldrons which I bought from Metro and some Convention Exclusive (not sure which convention that was!) Black Pauldron which I traded for with another guy on the internet using one of my Koto Clone Trooper. :)

Bro maulsith, heard that one of the shops at the ground floor of CSC is selling their Koto figures for around S$90 each. So far, the best price I have come across. You may want to check it out. Can't remember the shop name but you should be able to find it at the ground floor of CSC, they have lots of Kotos on display at their window display shelves.

donleow

Post by donleow » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:31 am

ya Bro inuka

I was hooked by the fact kotobukiya has pretty detail prepainted vinyl statue cos i used to work and paint koto resin kit and thus there is a sense of passion after what i saw and change my perception...

good that u have good collection and deal
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

maulsith

Post by maulsith » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:14 pm

inuka wrote:My collection of the Kotobukiya figures only started the last couple of years. I like the figures because the poses they come in are simply awesome.

Hey bro donleow, read on this thread that bro plo's offering you his Koto Sand Trooper Corporal! That will make a great addition to your collection!

My set of 3 Koto Sand Troopers are my favourites. In addition to this, I also have a complete set of Sand Trooper Mini-Busts from Gentle Giant; the Orange and White Pauldrons which I bought from Metro and some Convention Exclusive (not sure which convention that was!) Black Pauldron which I traded for with another guy on the internet using one of my Koto Clone Trooper. :)

Bro maulsith, heard that one of the shops at the ground floor of CSC is selling their Koto figures for around S$90 each. So far, the best price I have come across. You may want to check it out. Can't remember the shop name but you should be able to find it at the ground floor of CSC, they have lots of Kotos on display at their window display shelves.
:) oh ya broInuka,i've check that out the other day..Price quote at $90++ are on selected Kotos only.By the way the shop name are Treasure Land,and have a chat with the in-charge chap there,and claims there're the only distributor for Kotos in S'pore....Hee hee

Post by 9 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:08 pm

which kotos on offer? =)

Return to “Other Star Wars Collectibles”