KOTOBUKIYA CLONES..

Statues and all other Star Wars collectibles (Kotobukiya, Gentle Giant, Sideshow, Lego...)

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

maulsith

KOTOBUKIYA CLONES..

Post by maulsith » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:19 pm

:? Hi there to all the galactical folks...Can anyone advised me where can i get a good deal on Kotos troopers,as I just start to get into this...(kotos)

inuka

Re: KOTOBUKIYA CLONES..

Post by inuka » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:44 pm

maulsith wrote::? Hi there to all the galactical folks...Can anyone advised me where can i get a good deal on Kotos troopers,as I just start to get into this...(kotos)
China Square Central has several shops selling Koto Figures. The current "market" price is generally around S$90 to S$100 for those that can be easily found. It can go much higher for the rare or special issue types but I doubt you can find them nowadays. Shop around and compare prices. Don't rush into purchases. Hope my two cents worth helps! :) Happy Koto hunting!

maulsith

Post by maulsith » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:05 pm

inuka wrote:
maulsith wrote::? Hi there to all the galactical folks...Can anyone advised me where can i get a good deal on Kotos troopers,as I just start to get into this...(kotos)
China Square Central has several shops selling Koto Figures. The current "market" price is generally around S$90 to S$100 for those that can be easily found. It can go much higher for the rare or special issue types but I doubt you can find them nowadays. Shop around and compare prices. Don't rush into purchases. Hope my two cents worth helps! :) Happy Koto hunting!
Okie...Thanks for the advised ya.,I've searching high and low for Kotos,but the price compare are not much diferrence too.You're rite,it's range from $90 - $100..for the cheapest too...Sigh... :( :(

donleow

Post by donleow » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:13 pm

buy what u can afford accordance to financial capability but since for those who are new here is the link which might give u a good insights of the kotobukiya collection

http://www.sandtroopers.com/julian/kotobukiya/

original source: sandtroopers.com by Julian H. Betancourt which is one of my fellow friends /501st members from US
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:28 pm

Commander Faie's guide to Koto Clones.

AOTC Episode II: outside usually $120. Bargain $100 and below.
ROTS Episode III 501st: outside also $120. Bargain $100 and below.
ROTS Episode III Commander Bly: Same as above

Exclusives...

AOTC Episode II RED YELLOW or BLUE.... 200 or more?
ROTS Shock Trooper: Below $190.

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:23 pm

Commander Faie wrote:Exclusives...

Try SGD450 and above...that is IF you can find anyone willing to sell...
Commander Faie wrote:ROTS Shock Trooper: Below $190.
I have a mint in box ROTS Shock Trooper from StarWarsShop.com I wanna let go. It's still in the USA and will be shipped from there if anyone's interested.

maulsith

Post by maulsith » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:36 pm

donleow wrote:buy what u can afford accordance to financial capability but since for those who are new here is the link which might give u a good insights of the kotobukiya collection

http://www.sandtroopers.com/julian/kotobukiya/

original source: sandtroopers.com by Julian H. Betancourt which is one of my fellow friends /501st members from US
Hi donleow...Tks for the website...Simply Superb..Saw a few in the yahoo auction site for the loose ones,but they're selling at 70-100 each also for Vader's... :?

maulsith

Post by maulsith » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:39 pm

Commander Faie wrote:
Commander Faie's guide to Koto Clones.

AOTC Episode II: outside usually $120. Bargain $100 and below.
ROTS Episode III 501st: outside also $120. Bargain $100 and below.
ROTS Episode III Commander Bly: Same as above

Exclusives...

ROTS Shock Trooper: Below $190.
Not the exlusive type yet...Budget extremely tight...Tot of getting the normal troopers 1st...But seems prices do vary tremendously all over the place... :(

inuka

Post by inuka » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:56 pm

Take your time and shop around. Kotobukiya's 1/7 Scaled SW Figures doesn't seems to be very "hot" here in S'pore and certainly nobody will buy a lot and keep since they are not only bulky but also expensive! :D

Now and then, there may be a good deal that comes along such as sales etc. Check back this forum since some members do post info about such sales when they chanced upon one. A couple of months back, I managed to get a Koto 501st Div Clone Trooper from a shop at Suntec for just S$60! Although it is a display set, but it is mint, dust-free and comes with its box (I have since thrown away the box to save space!).

I was told by a friend this morning that Metro is having a 20% sale and they do have some Koto figures. My friend bought a Jango Fett! Not sure how much he paid for it but if you are free this weekend, you may want to drop by some Metro stores to check it out.

maulsith

Post by maulsith » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:42 pm

inuka wrote:Take your time and shop around. Kotobukiya's 1/7 Scaled SW Figures doesn't seems to be very "hot" here in S'pore and certainly nobody will buy a lot and keep since they are not only bulky but also expensive! :D

Now and then, there may be a good deal that comes along such as sales etc. Check back this forum since some members do post info about such sales when they chanced upon one. A couple of months back, I managed to get a Koto 501st Div Clone Trooper from a shop at Suntec for just S$60! Although it is a display set, but it is mint, dust-free and comes with its box (I have since thrown away the box to save space!).

I was told by a friend this morning that Metro is having a 20% sale and they do have some Koto figures. My friend bought a Jango Fett! Not sure how much he paid for it but if you are free this weekend, you may want to drop by some Metro stores to check it out.
:) Thanks ya..Will certainly do.I think the most featured toys for Metro Chain of Departmental store should be at Compass Point.The rest of it are quite limited..

Post by 9 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:12 pm

Plo Strax-Avix wrote:I have a mint in box ROTS Shock Trooper from StarWarsShop.com I wanna let go. It's still in the USA and will be shipped from there if anyone's interested.
Sent you a pm. =)

erase

Post by erase » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:23 am

wow...good site...so now i know already...don't buy new buy from ebay cheaper...
TD/SL-5125 501st SIN Garrison
MEPD Deployed/327th Star Corps
Let me see your identification...

maulsith

Post by maulsith » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:35 pm

9 wrote:
Plo Strax-Avix wrote:I have a mint in box ROTS Shock Trooper from StarWarsShop.com I wanna let go. It's still in the USA and will be shipped from there if anyone's interested.
Sent you a pm. =)
:D
tks...appreciated that.. :D

donleow

Post by donleow » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:40 pm

guys just confirmed all kotobukiya products sold in OG, taka and Metro are fixed price so no discount for it despite they have a 20% tag on all products...

so far i seen clones in OG Orchard.
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

inuka

Post by inuka » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:43 am

donleow wrote:guys just confirmed all kotobukiya products sold in OG, taka and Metro are fixed price so no discount for it despite they have a 20% tag on all products...

so far i seen clones in OG Orchard.
Actually, Metro did have discounts on their Koto figures. I bought a Jango Fett at Metro Paragon yesterday for S$96 after 20% discount on their original price of S$119.90. :)

Return to “Other Star Wars Collectibles”