KOTOBUKIYA CLONES..

Statues and all other Star Wars collectibles (Kotobukiya, Gentle Giant, Sideshow, Lego...)

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

maulsith

Post by maulsith » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:11 pm

9 wrote:which kotos on offer? =)
The other time I been there,was told Bly quoting at $90.. Now not sure.

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:19 pm

Hi Inuka & Don

Just seen an offer $96 for a Koto Boba Fett is it a good deal price?
ImageImageImage

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:06 am

I reckon that that is a decent price.

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:37 pm

maulsith wrote:

So what's the price of an old 501st Clone?
and where you heard $90 Bly?

maulsith

Post by maulsith » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:03 pm

Commander Faie wrote:
maulsith wrote:

:roll: In one of the shops on the ground floor of CSC...I did pop-by again last Sunday,but was being offer at 95 instead... :(
501st Blue Clone...Hmm unsure.Never ask.

inuka

Post by inuka » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:11 pm

masterjamous wrote:Hi Inuka & Don

Just seen an offer $96 for a Koto Boba Fett is it a good deal price?
For me, that's a good price if it is "Mint in Box". I got mine for S$120 from TFH.

But if it is loose, then may not be such a good deal. :)

inuka

Post by inuka » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:16 pm

maulsith wrote:
Commander Faie wrote:
maulsith wrote: The other time I been there,was told Bly quoting at $90.. Now not sure.

:roll: In one of the shops on the ground floor of CSC...I did pop-by again last Sunday,but was being offer at 95 instead... :(
501st Blue Clone...Hmm unsure.Never ask.
Their price sort of fluctuate. The reason may be because they (Treasure Land) are also supplying the Star Wars Kotobukiya figures to the other shops at CSC, they have to ensure that they do not sell at prices below those of the shops who ordered the items from them in bulk. But that's just my speculation. :)

BTW, for those who do not know, the shop at CSC (Treasure Land) is the retail arm of Toys n Toy who are the distributor of Kotobukiya products in Singapore. Personally, I find it strange for a distributor to be competing with their own wholesale customers by opening a retail outlet at the same location (i.e. CSC)! Even if they want to branch into retail, at least open the shop somewhere else, right? But then again, that's just my two cents worth. :P

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:28 pm

Scalper alert.

Bloody hell. Can anyhow change price.
I hate sellers like that. If I were there, i simply walk off.

Some shops are bloody disgusting. They deliberately don't put price tags, and expect you to ask the prices, then they see your face handsome or not then call out a 'price' for you. Sux :evil:

inuka

Post by inuka » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:08 pm

Commander Faie wrote:Scalper alert.

Bloody hell. Can anyhow change price.
I hate sellers like that. If I were there, i simply walk off.

Some shops are bloody disgusting. They deliberately don't put price tags, and expect you to ask the prices, then they see your face handsome or not then call out a 'price' for you. Sux :evil:
Commander Faie, you are right. A lot of shops at CSC will quote different prices to different people for the same item. Factors affecting the quotation includes whether they have seen you before, you have buy from them before, you have buy from other shops (their rivals) before etc etc etc. :) I have tried this with a few friends before and we all get different quotes for the same item!

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:38 pm

Next time when I feel like buying Commander Bly and 501st Division, I'll ask you guys for help.
Those scalpers are too much.

maulsith

Post by maulsith » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:38 pm

Commander Faie wrote:Next time when I feel like buying Commander Bly and 501st Division, I'll ask you guys for help.
Those scalpers are too much.
:D Hi,Will be in KL next week,any ideas are there any good recomendations of Star Wars Shop there...esp.on Kotos..... :wink:

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:49 pm

maulsith wrote: :D Hi,Will be in KL next week,any ideas are there any good recomendations of Star Wars Shop there...esp.on Kotos..... :wink:
Only one come to mind: Shioktoys. The guy who owns it is call Rey.

You can find more info at http://www.shioktoys.com/

Another shop to check out is Toy Quest on Jalan Bukit Bintang. They sometimes have great deals on SW Koto figs.

The other shops will either rob you blind once they find out your're from out of town, or give you the cold shoulder if they think you 'look' like you can't afford anything in the shop...Happened to me too many times.

Sorry to say this but most M'sian toyshops are either run by sculpers or rich fanboys who know nuts about what they're selling... :roll:

maulsith

Post by maulsith » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:39 pm

Plo Strax-Avix wrote:
maulsith wrote: :D Hi,Will be in KL next week,any ideas are there any good recomendations of Star Wars Shop there...esp.on Kotos..... :wink:
Only one come to mind: Shioktoys. The guy who owns it is call Rey.

You can find more info at http://www.shioktoys.com/

Another shop to check out is Toy Quest on Jalan Bukit Bintang. They sometimes have great deals on SW Koto figs.

The other shops will either rob you blind once they find out your're from out of town, or give you the cold shoulder if they think you 'look' like you can't afford anything in the shop...Happened to me too many times.

Sorry to say this but most M'sian toyshops are either run by sculpers or rich fanboys who know nuts about what they're selling... :roll:
:) ok..thanks ya for the information....will drop by if I know the place theres...hee hee :D

al13ns
Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates

Post by al13ns » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:05 pm

i don't know whether this trick is useful or not when u wanna buy toys at CSC...it happened to me couple times...need to do a bit research 1st, either askin other shops or check out ebay SG or yahoo auctions for the price.

for example : last week i bought saint seiya toys, the seller quoted S$85, and i said one people [who has a stall in CSC flea market] from ebay SG sell only S$75, and quickly the seller drop the price to S$74...

don't let them ripp us off hehehe... use our Jedi's mind trick...

maulsith

Post by maulsith » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:42 pm

al13ns wrote:i don't know whether this trick is useful or not when u wanna buy toys at CSC...it happened to me couple times...need to do a bit research 1st, either askin other shops or check out ebay SG or yahoo auctions for the price.

for example : last week i bought saint seiya toys, the seller quoted S$85, and i said one people [who has a stall in CSC flea market] from ebay SG sell only S$75, and quickly the seller drop the price to S$74...

d :wink: on't let them ripp us off hehehe... use our Jedi's mind trick...
Great works....Will use the dark force on them ya...hee hee.. :wink:

Return to “Other Star Wars Collectibles”