Gentle Giant - General Obi-Wan Kenobi

Statues and all other Star Wars collectibles (Kotobukiya, Gentle Giant, Sideshow, Lego...)

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

inuka

Gentle Giant - General Obi-Wan Kenobi

Post by inuka » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:22 pm

The brand new release from Gentle Giant scheduled for January 2007 is this 11" statue of General Obi-Wan Kenobi!

The General comes in full Clone Trooper Armour as well as his Jedi robes, ready to fight for peace in the Galactic Republic.

The statue will reportedly come with a certificate of authenticity and will be released in limited quantities with the release number printed in the certificate. For that, a grand price of US$184.99 awaits!

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:43 am

grand price of US$184.99
OMG...i like it..but i am not a rich man's son. Forget it. Geez.

From SW site.
With the arrival of the animated Clone Wars series, fans were finally presented with the sights and sounds of the epic conflict that was only vaguely referred to in A New Hope. From the moment Obi-Wan tells Luke he had fought in the Clone Wars, fans have wondered what those events must have been like, and how Obi-Wan appeared as a general leading the Republic against the forces of evil.

Well, Gentle Giant has finally brought fans a bit closer to those fabled events with the release of Obi-Wan in Clone Trooper Armor, which captures the costumed character of the animated series in a movie-like guise. Donning both the clone trooper armor and the signature robes of a Jedi, this figure visually represents the dual role the Jedi played in the Clone Wars -- fighting to restore peace to the galaxy while acting as unsuspecting pawns in Palpatine's sinister plot to create an Empire.

Standing 11 inches tall, the Obi-Wan in Clone Trooper Armor statue comes with a certificate of authenticity with an edition size TBD.
http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/produc ... _id=405392

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:24 pm

i'd kill to get that!

argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:33 pm

hm, since when a jedi master wear armour? :?
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Post by 9 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:48 pm

that's obi from the clone wars... u got to watch the Clone Wars cartoon series to see him in armour. hehe

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:28 pm

Dr EMH wrote:hm, since when a jedi master wear armour? :?
With the arrival of the animated Clone Wars series, fans were finally presented with the sights and sounds of the epic conflict that was only vaguely referred to in A New Hope. From the moment Obi-Wan tells Luke he had fought in the Clone Wars, fans have wondered what those events must have been like, and how Obi-Wan appeared as a general leading the Republic against the forces of evil.

Well, Gentle Giant has finally brought fans a bit closer to those fabled events with the release of Obi-Wan in Clone Trooper Armor, which captures the costumed character of the animated series in a movie-like guise. Donning both the clone trooper armor and the signature robes of a Jedi, this figure visually represents the dual role the Jedi played in the Clone Wars -- fighting to restore peace to the galaxy while acting as unsuspecting pawns in Palpatine's sinister plot to create an Empire.

Standing 11 inches tall, the Obi-Wan in Clone Trooper Armor statue comes with a certificate of authenticity with an edition size TBD.
Hope it helps.

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:57 pm

i thought obi was disguised himself as a turbo bike commander in animated clone wars?
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:40 pm

no matter what....

GO KENOBI GO!

My SW idol!
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

Return to “Other Star Wars Collectibles”