HASBRO TOY FAIR 2006 SNEAK PEEKS!

All about the toys from Hasbro, Kenner, Galoob...

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

ARC

Post by ARC » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:16 am

From what I read in rebelscum, the figure in the toyfair is just a prototype - the same exact figure featured in the magazine. Whereas the one in EE is the final product since they even include pics of it boxed :D

john_ng9

Post by john_ng9 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:37 pm

new york, hmm. so does singapore has any similar version of toy fair or any form of toy exhibition yearly?

vector_prime

Post by vector_prime » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:46 pm

john_ng9 wrote:new york, hmm. so does singapore has any similar version of toy fair or any form of toy exhibition yearly?

nope... the last time I remember there was one was in 1980??

at WTC...remember seeing stuff like Kenner's BIONIC WOMAN & BlueBox remote helicopters :D

after that there was none except for that fan made Transformer Con held few years back :D
* You should be more concerned with character than reputation because character is who you are, while reputation is merely what others think.

=PATIENCE HAS IT's REWARDS=

Post by 9 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:06 pm

i think singapore should have annual toy fairs too....toy collectors are increasing. =)

or better still...STAR WARS CONVENTION here!!! heheeheh

john_ng9

Post by john_ng9 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:30 am

yea, gather all the collectors and costumers to showcase their stuff and all the toy shops to sell their stuff, will it work? anybody in the exhibition industry?

Awwee

Post by Awwee » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:46 pm

Plo Strax-Avix wrote:Is that a new clone blaster I se or a rehash/repackaged of the old one? :shock:
still look like an E-11.. why they so lazy... can't they tell the difference between the two and give us some real clone blaster???
MEPD Police Officer
DS-809 Vampire 4 Omegawing
TI/TK/TD-9809 501st Singapore Garrison
Time the Dirty Boyz play....

vector_prime

Post by vector_prime » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:58 pm

Awwee wrote:
Plo Strax-Avix wrote:Is that a new clone blaster I se or a rehash/repackaged of the old one? :shock:
still look like an E-11.. why they so lazy... can't they tell the difference between the two and give us some real clone blaster???
I think the real reason is role-playing toys are especially made for kids, the major buyers for toys( like most stuff made under HASBRO or any major toy company )....& kids dont really care about the detail of the toy.

My 8-year old son love his lightsaber,blaster & chewy's crossbow...even though theyre not movie accurate etc..

I think thats also the reason there's still companies jumping into making SW stuff... like Master Replicas, Icons etc....who makes more realistic stuff for Adults,Collectors alike & succeed in making a name for themselves ;)

just my 2cents worth bro :)
* You should be more concerned with character than reputation because character is who you are, while reputation is merely what others think.

Commander_Salji

Post by Commander_Salji » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:23 pm

vector_prime wrote:nope... the last time I remember there was one was in 1980??

at WTC...remember seeing stuff like Kenner's BIONIC WOMAN & BlueBox remote helicopters :D

after that there was none except for that fan made Transformer Con held few years back :D
Yo vector prime were there ANY Vintage STAR WARS figures in this 1980 Toy Exhibition held in Singapore's WTC? Since Kenner is one of the participants? :?:
TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870
Outpost Founding Member and CO Emeritus

vector_prime

Post by vector_prime » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:05 am

The SITH OverLORD wrote:
vector_prime wrote:nope... the last time I remember there was one was in 1980??

Yo vector prime were there ANY Vintage STAR WARS figures in this 1980 Toy Exhibition held in Singapore's WTC? Since Kenner is one of the participants? :?:

no bro.....never saw any Star Wars stuff in any kind of Toy exhibition/convention here back in the 70s-80s.

Even the first ever if I can remember is at the Phoenix Hotel in 1975-76?? did'nt include the vintage stuff because it was a year or 2 before Star Wars came to the movies....Im not sure bout the year...I was around 11 or 12 that time. Mattel & Kenner launched the first Barbie & GI.Joe toys here....& I think it was done to promote & get a distributor here :D

Return to “Star Wars Toys”