STAND TALL DISPLAYS - new way of displaying your loose figs

All about the toys from Hasbro, Kenner, Galoob...

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

vector_prime

STAND TALL DISPLAYS - new way of displaying your loose figs

Post by vector_prime » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:17 pm

This might be an interest to some of you :D -

Features Include:

*Variety of Components allow almost infinite configurations that you build yourself.

*Disk Platforms work for all 3 ¾ inch Action Figures.

*Disk Platforms have been designed big enough to accept regular round peg stands.

*Every Set consists of High Quality Injection Molded Plastic.

Stand Tall Display is run exclusively by my wife and I. This product was designed by a collector for collectors. We are based in Connecticut. A lot of effort goes into this product. We’re not a huge corporation with no interest in whether or not the customer is satisfied. We designed the product , print the package insert (on our home pc), count out all the components that are included in the set by hand, and promise to mail out your set by the next business day after receiving payment. Customer Satisfaction is our number one goal.
If you have a loose collection of vintage or modern figures than take a look at our eBay store (http://stores.ebay.com/Stand-Tall-Displ ... nksQQtZkm? ) . My advertising runs out here in about a week. Our eBay store will still be there and you can always contact us directly at StandTallDisplay@yahoo.com . As always I can be found in the forums here at GH. My user name is Team_Felix and I’m a poster in the Connecticut Store Reports section. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Jim
(Stand_Tall_Display on eBay)

I think this will be great if we could cleverly conceal the stands in DIY dioramas :D
* You should be more concerned with character than reputation because character is who you are, while reputation is merely what others think.

=PATIENCE HAS IT's REWARDS=

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:29 am

Verrry expensive.... $2-3 a stand...
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:44 pm

They look like plastic to me.

As it would be interesting to put something other than SW figures, what is the size of the base? Or how large a model can be put on top of it?

vector_prime

Post by vector_prime » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:14 pm

e3lipse wrote:Verrry expensive.... $2-3 a stand...
I think its because of high costs since they cant afford mass producing it yet..

like most other stuff...the earlier version are more expensive

lhs1701 wrote:They look like plastic to me.

As it would be interesting to put something other than SW figures, what is the size of the base? Or how large a model can be put on top of it?

they are plastic as mentioned in my first post. You can go here to & checkout more pics, specs, info & stuff - http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Figure-Di ... dZViewItem
* You should be more concerned with character than reputation because character is who you are, while reputation is merely what others think.

e3lipse

Post by e3lipse » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:27 pm

vector_prime wrote:
e3lipse wrote:Verrry expensive.... $2-3 a stand...
I think its because of high costs since they cant afford mass producing it yet..

like most other stuff...the earlier version are more expensive

lhs1701 wrote:They look like plastic to me.

they are plastic as mentioned in my first post. You can go here to & checkout more pics, specs, info & stuff - http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Figure-Di ... dZViewItem

If they have that super big machine like the one in my school, it would be cheaper. Hehe. The techician cum lecturer said its $100 for 25kg or something of plastic. Heh

vector_prime

MINI MAG STANDS & DISPLAYS

Post by vector_prime » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:49 pm

Another small company that does stands & displays for figures is MINI MAG STANDS & DISPLAYS.

here's a review I got at their site -

THE GEAR

The Mini Mag Display System uses metal plates in a variety of configurations along with small magnetic discs with the standard footpegs.

This allows for a wider variety of poses not possible with other display systems. Plus, since you have the entire surface area of the display surface to work with, you are able to make maximum use of the space available.

There are a number of products and styles available, ranging from the small single plates, to the deluxe 3-tier display system shown here.

Plus, the more elements you buy, the more expandible your display possibilites become. A creative diorama artist could even paint them or create labels to recreate corridors, walkways or whatever comes to mind.

In addition to the items shown above. They also have plates and discs in a variety of colors to match your diorama needs.

THE POSSIBILITIES

Shown here are just a small sample of the poses and displays you can create with Mini Mag Display Systems. From a small desktop scene to a huge, room encompasing diorama.

checkout more at - http://www.minimagstands.com/index.html

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:56 pm

Can we ask MOVIETHINGS (Lai Foong), the Photo Studio outside AoSW, to produce something similar?

Lai Foong told us that her factory has the necessary resources to mass produce ... I'm sure there is a great demand for display stands since we have lots of collectors here. :roll:
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

vector_prime

Post by vector_prime » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:00 pm

Dr EMH wrote:Can we ask MOVIETHINGS (Lai Foong), the Photo Studio outside AoSW, to produce something similar?

Lai Foong told us that her factory has the necessary resources to mass produce ... I'm sure there is a great demand for display stands since we have lots of collectors here. :roll:

where is AoSW bro?

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:57 pm

AoSW is Art of Star Wars, currently being held in Singapore Science Centre.

The lady being referred to by DrEMH is the one manning the Star Wars souvenier pictures stall.

vector_prime

Post by vector_prime » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:09 pm

lhs1701 wrote:AoSW is Art of Star Wars, currently being held in Singapore Science Centre.

The lady being referred to by DrEMH is the one manning the Star Wars souvenier pictures stall.
thanks..

MOVIETHINGS photo studio doing it is a malaysian company right?

vector_prime

Post by vector_prime » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:31 pm

Is about time somebody made stands for flying poses..

This one's from AIR DISPLAY STANDS....debuting this year :D

e3lipse

Post by e3lipse » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:34 pm

Yea let's ask movie things to make this kind of stuff

And starcases too!! Cheap economical ones :D

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:50 pm

Really tempted to get the MINI MAG STANDS & DISPLAYS... Do they take international orders? Any one wanna combine shipping? :)
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

vector_prime

Post by vector_prime » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:30 am

GetzJedi wrote:Really tempted to get the MINI MAG STANDS & DISPLAYS... Do they take international orders? Any one wanna combine shipping? :)
Im not sure but I think they will love to entertain international orders...try emailing them here - http://www.minimagstands.com/index.html :D

Return to “Star Wars Toys”