NEW VOTC

All about the toys from Hasbro, Kenner, Galoob...

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

vector_prime

NEW VOTC

Post by vector_prime » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:37 am

* You should be more concerned with character than reputation because character is who you are, while reputation is merely what others think.

=PATIENCE HAS IT's REWARDS=

vector_prime

Post by vector_prime » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:40 am

looks like Boba Wai posted this topic at the same time that I did :D
* You should be more concerned with character than reputation because character is who you are, while reputation is merely what others think.

Boba Wai

Post by Boba Wai » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:54 am

vector_prime wrote:looks like Boba Wai posted this topic at the same time that I did :D
:D :D :D
http://www.chinese-starwars.com ~ "The Best of Chinese StarWars Website"

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:58 am

both of you think alike :P

anyway, since there are posts here already, I will remove the other thread.

vector_prime

Post by vector_prime » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:22 am

Dranoel wrote:both of you think alike :P

anyway, since there are posts here already, I will remove the other thread.
Thanks bro..

back to the topic....got this off somewhere late last year off another reliable SW site -

At this point there is no word on any TESB or POTF carded figures in the line, but that doesn’t mean we won’t see them later on. We will be seeing our first send away figure though. Remember the George Lucas figure mentioned previously? Word on the street is it could be offered as a mail in figure through the VOTC line. It would require five VOTC proof of purchases, and we might find the offer printed or stickered on the cards. Sadly, we also hear that the Lucas figure will once again be playing 501st and forgoing his standard flannel armour in favour of Stormtrooper armour. Maybe if we pretend we didn't hear that it'll go away...

for myself....this next VOTC really rocks..but I always hate this mail-in POP gimmick since the vintage days. Firstly,the promotion only applies in the U.S....the other thing is there will be alot of carded VOTC minus the POP in the future....whats the point of having it come in a starcase then? :x

ironic is'nt it? :D

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:38 am

Vector, for all you know this time mail in works for every country which have Hasbros in it 8)

I know i know. I like to keep my hopes high and say dang it when it doesn happen

Got to rid my otc biker now... this one rocks rocks rocks
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

vector_prime

Post by vector_prime » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:55 am

e3lipse wrote:Vector, for all you know this time mail in works for every country which have Hasbros in it 8)

I know i know. I like to keep my hopes high and say dang it when it doesn happen

Got to rid my otc biker now... this one rocks rocks rocks

sorry to disapoint you bro...that will never happen I think...its been ages since this mailaway thingy started :)

Checkout news & pics of the new VOTC including the US ONLY mailaway George Figure -

e3lipse

Post by e3lipse » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:00 am

hasblow!!

freefly

Post by freefly » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:22 am

Release the Good!

vector_prime

Post by vector_prime » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:46 pm

Some helpful info from a star wars site - :D

VOTC UGH Figures

As can be found HERE, in the instructions, you will find that while Hasbro has decided to do this giveaway with the VOTC figures this is not so bad of a deal anyway. I know these figures are more expensive and the thought of having to open the bubble and ruin the card for the mail away had many collectors upset. This is not the case. The UPC label is nothing more than a sticker inside the bubble, taped behind the cardboard insert.

The trick to keeping your figure in MINT (but bubble opened) condition, is to find the bubbles that are taped shut, not heatsealed.

As to why Hasbro did this switch was to probably avoid having collectors ripping open the bubbles and stealing the UPCs as the normal "Receipt required" is not required for this mailaway.

Obviously this is difficult for collectors that want theirs unopened. After opening mine and then closing the bubbles back up, no wear was shown from the outside. My overall thoughts on this for Hasbro, are.. Not a bad job of thinking outside the box and trying to keep the collectors in mind.

================================================

After all that effort..came the Darkside of it :x

ALERT....ALERT....ALERT... UGH SCAM

Yak Reader SW89 sent in this report:

hey i just want to let everyone know that the BAD collectors are at work, i work for a big retail store and we had someone return 10 figures today and all had the the Redemption tabs and such out of the package. i think that is just wrong! i knew something was wrong when they were brought back to toys, the way you can tell is that the corner of each figure had been raised and opened and these were the heat sealed ones! so be on the look out for the BAD collectors!!!

haha.....the truth rears it's Ugly head :wink:

freefly

Post by freefly » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:31 pm

tfh wil be bringing in jap cards for Luke & Scouttrooper :P , though gotta wait..
Release the Good!

Post by 9 » Tue May 02, 2006 9:51 am

freefly wrote:tfh wil be bringing in jap cards for Luke & Scouttrooper :P , though gotta wait..
THat's very good news. :)

e3lipse

Post by e3lipse » Sun May 07, 2006 1:50 am

Good news only if the sticker is on the outside and i can remove it 8)

ARC

Post by ARC » Sun May 07, 2006 11:48 am

VTSC also have jap cards? I remember getting han solo for 15 bucks but I din see any stickers to state it's jap card or something....

I might be wrong but I am always under the impression that the cards for this series is standard... :oops:

e3lipse

Post by e3lipse » Sun May 07, 2006 11:56 am

At the bottom

Return to “Star Wars Toys”