Latest acquisition

All about the toys from Hasbro, Kenner, Galoob...

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

vector_prime

Post by vector_prime » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:27 am

e3lipse wrote:vector can i swop my jap scorch for 1 of yours?
urs isn jap right? :) i can make up the balance
and 1 utapau for sales bro? :D

anyway
2x scorch today
Thanks eclipse but my japanese carded straight case is already on the way here too.

I was thinking of bringing them this sunday to the bazaar.. I got 1 scorch & 1 clone to sell. Since I paid like $22 for it...was thinking of maybe selling them at $24-$25each? that'll help chip in my transport costs with the other stuff that I hope to sell (I live in Pasir Ris by the way :( )
* You should be more concerned with character than reputation because character is who you are, while reputation is merely what others think.

=PATIENCE HAS IT's REWARDS=

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:16 pm

vector_prime wrote:

anyway
2x scorch today
Thanks eclipse but my japanese carded straight case is already on the way here too.

I was thinking of bringing them this sunday to the bazaar.. I got 1 scorch & 1 clone to sell. Since I paid like $22 for it...was thinking of maybe selling them at $24-$25each? that'll help chip in my transport costs with the other stuff that I hope to sell (I live in Pasir Ris by the way :( )
Please don't sell at scalper's price. People may thought u are a scalper. :(

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:07 pm

His cost is 22 what's wrong with dojng at 25?
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

vector_prime

Post by vector_prime » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:37 pm

Commander Faie wrote:
vector_prime wrote:

anyway
2x scorch today

Frankly I dont care what people say now. U young collectors dont know the meaning of it...the word "scalping" here is sadly misintrepited. Its like the blind leading the blind.

I've been selling toys since 1989 & people who know me personally know that I'm no scalper...most of them are real collectors. I get my stuff from suppliers...overseas or local..& not from the retail pegs. If my profit of $3 lousy bucks make me a scalper...so be it

haha...I just realised...I dont owe anybody an explaination
* You should be more concerned with character than reputation because character is who you are, while reputation is merely what others think.

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:47 am

No offence lah! just kidding only. me talking rubbish. Chill bro chill.

Post by 9 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:53 pm

vector_prime wrote:
Commander Faie wrote:
vector_prime wrote: Thanks eclipse but my japanese carded straight case is already on the way here too.

Frankly I dont care what people say now. U young collectors dont know the meaning of it...the word "scalping" here is sadly misintrepited. Its like the blind leading the blind.

I've been selling toys since 1989 & people who know me personally know that I'm no scalper...most of them are real collectors. I get my stuff from suppliers...overseas or local..& not from the retail pegs. If my profit of $3 lousy bucks make me a scalper...so be it

for me...$3 is fine....yes i agree with him...afew dollars is still ok...but when you get like prices marked up 100% or 200%....i stay away like the plague. lol

bought today:

Scorch x 1
Tomy Remote R2-Q5 x1
Tomy Remote R4-P17

vector_prime

Post by vector_prime » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:38 pm

Commander Faie wrote:No offence lah! just kidding only. me talking rubbish. Chill bro chill.
Im kidding too...

haha..belated April Fools joke :D

SoloFalcon

Post by SoloFalcon » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:52 am

So many bargains at the bazzar but too bad I have overspent this month and no more spare cash... each store I at least viewed 6 times...
Trust me princess~

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:54 am

vector_prime wrote:
Commander Faie wrote:
vector_prime wrote: Thanks eclipse but my japanese carded straight case is already on the way here too.

Well said :D

I usually charge extra 2 or $3 for what i get in excess too, at CSC, it's to cover my stall rental, one clown was implying i was a scalper because i was selling my clone wars titanium gunship for $18, he demanded i sell it to him at 13 because he says i got it below retail
so i challenged him back, check my wallet for discount cards, and because he couldn't get what he want, he left, i don't care, another lady wanted my RID Optimus Prime for $4 when RRP is 5.80 or so and i was selling for $5, making a 30cent 'profit' to cover my stall rental. If you want pure scalpers, look inside some shops. :lol: Look for the cartons of AvP 12inch mcfarlanes, look at those who search retails or bribe staffs to get them a clone to resell at $25 ie . Take for example riverstorm_75 on yahoo, selling stuffs at a rip off, US Cards, always selling at 20+, and i stupidly traded him a TC14 MOMC and i had to top up somemore for AT-RT Driver. Sheesh, i blacklisted him ever since. Those , = scalpers.

But till now, the real meaning and definition is never definite.We all have our own terms, but being biased too, you will protect those you know, saying they are not scalpers but collectors who are selling things to fund their collection

Come to think of it, i think everyone is doing that, just who is more hardcore . Maybe MR V? Who orders 28 cartons (4 boxes per carton) of AVPs to sell? Mr G, who grabs MLs and hoard them like don't know what? Maybe those are real scalpers... the definition remains flexible, and it shall always be.

Oh to stay on topic

Loose tie fighter pilot
$2
Going to make Baron Soontir Fel
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

vector_prime

Post by vector_prime » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:29 am

e3lipse wrote:
vector_prime wrote:
Commander Faie wrote: Please don't sell at scalper's price. People may thought u are a scalper. :(

I've been selling toys part-time since 1989 & people who know me personally know that I'm no scalper...most of them are real collectors. I get my stuff from suppliers...overseas or local..& not from the retail pegs. If my profit of $3 lousy bucks make me a scalper...so be it

Well said :D

I usually charge extra 2 or $3 for what i get in excess too, at CSC, it's to cover my stall rental, one clown was implying i was a scalper because i was selling my clone wars titanium gunship for $18, he demanded i sell it to him at 13 because he says i got it below retail
so i challenged him back, check my wallet for discount cards, and because he couldn't get what he want, he left, i don't care, another lady wanted my RID Optimus Prime for $4 when RRP is 5.80 or so and i was selling for $5, making a 30cent 'profit' to cover my stall rental. If you want pure scalpers, look inside some shops. :lol: Look for the cartons of AvP 12inch mcfarlanes, look at those who search retails or bribe staffs to get them a clone to resell at $25 ie . Take for example riverstorm_75 on yahoo, selling stuffs at a rip off, US Cards, always selling at 20+, and i stupidly traded him a TC14 MOMC and i had to top up somemore for AT-RT Driver. Sheesh, i blacklisted him ever since. Those , = scalpers.

But till now, the real meaning and definition is never definite.We all have our own terms, but being biased too, you will protect those you know, saying they are not scalpers but collectors who are selling things to fund their collection

Come to think of it, i think everyone is doing that, just who is more hardcore . Maybe MR V? Who orders 28 cartons (4 boxes per carton) of AVPs to sell? Mr G, who grabs MLs and hoard them like don't know what? Maybe those are real scalpers... the definition remains flexible, and it shall always be.

Oh to stay on topic

Loose tie fighter pilot
$2
Going to make Baron Soontir Fel

Now you know how frustrating it is to be a toyseller...every toyseller now are branded scalpers...even if selling below profit,even if you get stocks directly from suppliers way ahead before it hits retail....sheesh..like i say, the blind leading the blind. These kids just follow another kid who know nuts about the toy industry. Toys are made for kids man...we collectors are secondary & if it was made for us...the toy ads will have a BIG " COLLECTORS EDITION" print staring back at you ;)

On the other note about shopowners...they are businessmen. Thats what they do for a living...it applies to any kind of product not just toys.

I think not everybody dislikes Mr.V..although I'm not one of them, haha :D . I know some guys who get great bargains from him sometimes.

& for the case of Mr.V & his AVP 12inch stuff you guys might be wrong. You see the prices of 12inch stuff that S*** is offering is actually the wholesale price. In the U.S it retails at US$35.90...so $35sing is actually the wholesale price for dealers not buyers. Few years back it costs $59.90sing for a 12"...so we are considered lucky to get at a good price.

Another thing is since Mcfarlane stuff is distributed here by Playthings...dealers used to pick them up at their warehouse in PSA Warehouse at Pasir Panjang...now since they have S***** around town, Playthings provide an easier way for them to pickup their orders there instead. I read alot of collectors complain that shopowners "sapu" all the stocks etc but the stocks at S**** are not all for buyers actually. We should blame S***** instead for holding back stocks on the first day just to create a collecting frenzy...they actually have stocks enough for a few days. So this also applies to HASBRO & their SW line who on purpose creates a collectible market by making some stuff in limited numbers than others. It took me more than 10 years to afford a toy last time....take my advise...if you cant afford it..dont collect it..collect other stuff instead. Dont go complaining...trust me...nobody listens ;)

Yesterdays Bazaar was one of my best days..why? because there were more kids buying than collectors. I'd rather sell kid stuff than collector oriented stuff. Sure...I was selling stuff real cheap but the respect & smiles you get from a kid who appreciate the toys for what it really is....is priceless :D

not straying off topic -

bought a CloneTrooper blaster yesterday at Simply Toys at $59.90

Thanks to GetzJedi for the heads up :D

ramesis24

30th Anniversary

Post by ramesis24 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:53 pm

Got this from my colleague who just came back from HKG...

Arc_Trooper71

Post by Arc_Trooper71 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:49 am

Doesn't the visor on the Airborne trooper remind you of a pair of sunglasses? Is it becuase he wants to look cooler then the rest of the clones? :lol: :lol: I think that's pretty funny. Well, it does look cool though, and a must have, becuase afterall, It's the first of it's kind, Aside from the Mace Windu Set. But truthfully...I DONT Like my clones purple, what's with him, and having everything PURPLE? Know what would be a laugh? Rainbow Legion troopers. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: LOL. Sorry if i offend anyone, i just thought that would be really funny.
Last edited by Arc_Trooper71 on Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:06 pm

you lucky fellas. I have yet to get any of these stuff. have no chance to even roam around the island. :cry: :cry: :cry:

JonWayne

Post by JonWayne » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:11 pm

Got this on ebay:

Standing at a height of 34cm, it is a wonderful display piece, even though it is a fixed pose model kit.

More pictures here:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v75/j ... AT_Walker/

sean76

Post by sean76 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:30 am

jonwayne...how much did u have to pay for that beautiful hunk of destruction machine?

Return to “Star Wars Toys”