HasbroLand in KL!!!!!

All about the toys from Hasbro, Kenner, Galoob...

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

Awwee

HasbroLand in KL!!!!!

Post by Awwee » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:47 am

Hasbroland to offer toys and games for children and the young at heart

HASBRO Toy Malaysia opened the first Hasbro retail store in Metrojaya department store in Mid Valley Megamall. Located at the children’s floor, the retail store with the branding “Hasbrolandâ€
MEPD Police Officer
DS-809 Vampire 4 Omegawing
TI/TK/TD-9809 501st Singapore Garrison
Time the Dirty Boyz play....

gundam_skywalker

Post by gundam_skywalker » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:37 pm

Any Star Wars?

jedi7

Post by jedi7 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:49 pm

oooh, thank you for the info! Have u been there yet?
A jedi's ally is the FORce, his strength flows from IT.

Awwee

Post by Awwee » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:29 pm

May try to nxt month :twisted:
MEPD Police Officer

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:40 pm

thinking... would the "Hasbroland" concept work in Singapore? What do you hope it would be like? Share your thoughts and ideas here.
Administrator. Starwars.sg
IC/IS 3081. 501st Legion (Singapore Garrison)

Orion

Post by Orion » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:07 am

If there's HasbroLand in Singapore, there gonna be more childlike adults than kids.. lol! :D
The Designer's perspective point of view

Awwee

Post by Awwee » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:58 pm

Should have 2 sections, one general kid's toys and one adult collector toys :wink:
MEPD Police Officer

zirst

Post by zirst » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:21 am

I would love to see some "Exclusives" here and perhaps a uber special "Singapore only" figure too :) . Quite a few figures , figure packs and vehicles didn't made over to our shores so having a "Hasbroland" thingy could change all that .

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:04 pm

Orion wrote:If there's HasbroLand in Singapore, there gonna be more childlike adults than kids.. lol! :D
lol i agree with Orion.
Would be great if there's HasbroLand in Singapore!
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:08 pm

Would be great if Hasbro does a Star Wars event for the fans here in Singapore like how they did with Outpost for the ESB celebrations in KL last year.
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

Awwee

Re: HasbroLand in KL!!!!!

Post by Awwee » Sat May 12, 2012 7:29 pm

Hi guys, the Hasbroland is inside Metrojaya departmental stall and not on the top floor where I thought would be at.

" Hasbroland @ Metrojaya Mid Valley "

Would be checking it out tomolo. :wink:
MEPD Police Officer

jedi7

Post by jedi7 » Sun May 13, 2012 1:03 am

Eh, do take lots of pics & price checks!
A jedi's ally is the FORce, his strength flows from IT.

gundam_skywalker

Post by gundam_skywalker » Mon May 14, 2012 12:13 pm

Think it is not really that fanastic. My friend who is a Malaysian that lives in KL, came Singapore yesterday to look for Star Wars. He said our Singapore stock is faster than Malaysia. Anyway, will drop by and have a look next month.

starwars.malben

Post by starwars.malben » Tue May 22, 2012 8:34 am

Yeah, HasbroLand in KL is not really fantastic. It's more like a dumping ground for Hasbro. I only see old stuff and pegwarmers there.

You know, speaking of pegwarmers, I've been collecting since the late 70s (well, back then as a kid, I didn't know how to appreciate toys. LOL! But I got into this seriously in the late 90s). Nowadays, it's all down to right timing and right place to get what I want. And I collect commanders and troopers, Sith, Jedi, bounty hunters, droids and aliens so yeah, I basically collect quite a bit. But with new waves now consisting of new and reissued figures, I do not want to buy an entire case. Shops over here in KL sell in sets. And in retail outlets, most of the time I only see pegwarmers. Would I pay more for a figure? Well, it depends. Hasbro M'sia and TRU here like to skip at least one wave a year so I had to resort to ordering some from overseas or online shops. Others I get my friend in S'pore to hunt them down for me. It's getting really tiring. It's not fun anymore. Collecting is like everyone's hobby now but the funny thing is, today's "collectors" sell off their "collection" tomorrow. At marked up prices. Everything that's popular and potentially hard to get gets picked up and resold with a higher price tag. It's not just Star Wars. It's happening to Transformers, Hot Wheels, Lego, etc. For genuine collectors, it's gonna take a miracle if we could complete our collections these days. Sigh!

gundam_skywalker

Post by gundam_skywalker » Tue May 22, 2012 1:22 pm

starwars.malben wrote:Yeah, HasbroLand in KL is not really fantastic. It's more like a dumping ground for Hasbro. I only see old stuff and pegwarmers there.

You know, speaking of pegwarmers, I've been collecting since the late 70s (well, back then as a kid, I didn't know how to appreciate toys. LOL! But I got into this seriously in the late 90s). Nowadays, it's all down to right timing and right place to get what I want. And I collect commanders and troopers, Sith, Jedi, bounty hunters, droids and aliens so yeah, I basically collect quite a bit. But with new waves now consisting of new and reissued figures, I do not want to buy an entire case. Shops over here in KL sell in sets. And in retail outlets, most of the time I only see pegwarmers. Would I pay more for a figure? Well, it depends. Hasbro M'sia and TRU here like to skip at least one wave a year so I had to resort to ordering some from overseas or online shops. Others I get my friend in S'pore to hunt them down for me. It's getting really tiring. It's not fun anymore. Collecting is like everyone's hobby now but the funny thing is, today's "collectors" sell off their "collection" tomorrow. At marked up prices. Everything that's popular and potentially hard to get gets picked up and resold with a higher price tag. It's not just Star Wars. It's happening to Transformers, Hot Wheels, Lego, etc. For genuine collectors, it's gonna take a miracle if we could complete our collections these days. Sigh!
Thanks for sharing. Nevertheless, will still make a visit to see how bad it is. :lol:

Return to “Star Wars Toys”