Newbie says hello

All about the toys from Hasbro, Kenner, Galoob...

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

ehwwong

Newbie says hello

Post by ehwwong » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:19 pm

Hi,

Just started my starwars lightsaber collection... (better late than never) with anakin force-fx and obi-wan force-fx lightsabers!

unfortunately, all the MR lightsabers are currently overly priced, so i am considering starting with eFX blades which are considerably cheaper..

anyway.. nice to know all of you..

cheers

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:49 pm

welcome to the forum :)
Administrator. Starwars.sg
IC/IS 3081. 501st Legion (Singapore Garrison)

jedi7

Post by jedi7 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:12 pm

Welcome to the forum, watch out for R2!

I collect sabers too but had stopped from Asajj, Dooku...wanted to get them but Hasbro is selling them too ex...and since Metro Sengkang not selling them anymore, no more sale on those so no more buying... :cry:
Last edited by jedi7 on Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A jedi's ally is the FORce, his strength flows from IT.

ehwwong

Post by ehwwong » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:08 pm

what i do is i monitor ebay auction, sometimes can get very good deal.. for example, recently i won a BNIB obi-wan removable for US$157 (shipping included) that is almost $50 savings from local toy-store... :)

just got a eFX luke skywalker version 2, ... damm, this POISON is taking over my body

al13ns
Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates

Post by al13ns » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:44 pm

yeah i got almost all my lightsabers from outside singapore, cheaper alot...only the 1st 2 sabers (Anakin ROTS and Vader ROTS), i bought it from Kino...

my MR saber collection
viewtopic.php?t=1598

btw welcome to the forum :)
ImageImageImage

ehwwong

Post by ehwwong » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:50 pm

al13ns wrote:yeah i got almost all my lightsabers from outside singapore, cheaper alot...only the 1st 2 sabers (Anakin ROTS and Vader ROTS), i bought it from Kino...

my MR saber collection
viewtopic.php?t=1598

btw welcome to the forum :)
my friend, you are the one who got me addicted to this after looking at your collection... LOL

jedi7

Post by jedi7 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:12 pm

oh Herry, u r bad...and u never tell me about getting them abroad!!

anyway, lookout for me for asajj, dooku & detachable vader sabers ok!? thank you!
A jedi's ally is the FORce, his strength flows from IT.

ehwwong

Post by ehwwong » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:04 pm

some advice to ask "lao jiao" here... when buying used lightsaber.. what are the things to take note? For example, must have COA, plague, display case?

gundam_skywalker

Post by gundam_skywalker » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:20 pm

I also not familiar with Saber collecting. I only completed my small scale lightsaber hilt and got two lightsaber with blades at $100 each. Working well but very rusted. I managed to polished them back to 90% original. But cannot touch the Mace Windu gold parts as if you polish them they will turn silver. So what are consider cheap price for getting these lightsabers with blades?

ehwwong

Post by ehwwong » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:19 am

i did some extensive research on force-fx lightsaber aka lightsaber with blades..

they are mainly 3 different type out in the market AFAIK

1) Master Replica with fix blades
2) Hasbro with fix blades
3) Hasbro with removable blades (latest)

We all know that MR has went out of business and they BNIB type is kind of expensive, about US$150 or more! Used ones... i can't say much because i never buy before, but i always believe that stuffs with electronics shouldn't last very long......

For hasbro.. you may notice that some of the blades are more cheaper, this is because those are the old version with fix blades.

Personally i am starting my collections only on Hasbro force-fx removable blades... here's why

1) Blade can be remove and stand provided to display the blade and hilt seperatly which is a good idea!

2) The sound fonts are updated and appears to be more "realistic" than the MR's

3) According to various sources i read, the hasbro made the force-fx according to the specification of MR, so you won't be short change!

Currently, i have the anakin and obi-wan is OTW to singapore.. i will need the darth vader and darth maul to complete the current release.. hoping that they will soon release count dooku, ahsoka or yoda..

The MSRP of the removable blades are US$119... usually ebayer will sell $10~30 higher because the AD always run out of stocks.. after adding shipping, typically US$60.. which meant the blade will end up costing around S$221!

Simply toys are selling them for S$269 for non-members, and members are getting it for S$243. If you ask me, i rather buy from simply toys for the difference of S$20... however, recently i got lucky and bidded the obi-wan for only US$99! So ended up, i save about S$50.. which IMO worth it..

I am also starting on eFX lightsaber.. but that will be another story.. LOL

cheers

al13ns
Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates

Post by al13ns » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:52 am

@jedi7 : aiyah if only i knew u earlier...ha3

@ehwwong : the rubber grip part on my MR Vader FX turned sticky even though i never display it, hopefully it won't happen to urs.
ImageImageImage

gundam_skywalker

Post by gundam_skywalker » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:40 am

Yes, Vader turned sticky. :lol:

I was told by some collector that the MR and Hasbro hilt are bigger compared to the actual prop in the movie because they need space to put in the electronics. And those lightsaber hilt are more accurate in size. Is it true?

ehwwong

Post by ehwwong » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:08 pm

gundam_skywalker wrote:Yes, Vader turned sticky. :lol:

I was told by some collector that the MR and Hasbro hilt are bigger compared to the actual prop in the movie because they need space to put in the electronics. And those lightsaber hilt are more accurate in size. Is it true?
yap, you are right.. the hilt is actually bigger than the movie prop version.. but i actually like it, it gives a very solid feel.

Just got an eFX luke skywalker version 2 weathered PCR... now need to find a decent case for it and inexpensive one..

gundam_skywalker

Post by gundam_skywalker » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:00 pm

If the hilt is too big, won't it feel bulky to hold and to fight smoothly with it?

ehwwong

Post by ehwwong » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:01 pm

gundam_skywalker wrote:If the hilt is too big, won't it feel bulky to hold and to fight smoothly with it?
you have to hold it in your hands to decide whether is too big for you.. :)

anyway the force-fx blades cannot really withstand dueling.. better to modify it or get a custom blade.. for more info check here - http://www.ultrasabers.com/

Return to “Star Wars Toys”