Quick Look: Comic Pack X-wing Rogue Squadron #19

All about the toys from Hasbro, Kenner, Galoob...

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

Valentin

Quick Look: Comic Pack X-wing Rogue Squadron #19

Post by Valentin » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:43 pm

Star Wars Expanded Universe: X-Wing Rogue Squadron #19 - Ibtisamâ„¢ & Nrin Vakilâ„¢
Item #: 87885/12974 (ASST.)
UPC/EAN/ISBN: 653569384274
Manufacturer: Hasbro
Availability: Walmart Exclusive
Release Date: 2009
Price: USD$12.99{Walmart}
Ibtisam and Nrin Vakil seem destined to be enemies: Ibtisam is a Mon Calamari, and Vakil is a Quarren - two species that have been foes for centuries. Yet an unlikely friendship evolves on a mission to Malrev. Ibtisam finds herself becoming attached to the stoic Nrin Vakil, while Nrin's initial animosity turns to respect for the courageous Mon Calamari, proving that bonds of the friendship can rise above the blind hostility of the past.
Wahoo!! More pilots... Anyway, before I lose myself to "a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...", let's get this review started.

Packaging pics:

Comic packs, they usually are either a hit or miss, since it's from the Expanded Universe, instead of the original 6 movies. And being a fan of Rogue Squadron, this is definitely a hit for me.

Everything out...

The pack-in comic is from the 4th story arc, in Dark Horse's X-wing series. There's not much in it that shows Nrin at all. Most of it showing Ibtisam instead. I would definitely like to re-read those comics again, given that I can't recall which arc was it that both of them finally became an item.

Here's some snap shots of the pack-in comic,

And here's the views of the figures.

Ibtisam:
ImageImage
ImageImage

Nrin Vakil:
ImageImage
ImageImage

I noticed that Ibtisam actually has a holster for her blaster, which almost every rebel alliance pilot figure is lacking off. It's definitely a plus to have it, since the small blaster is easily lost.

I got this comic pack locally, via one of the toy specialty shops who had a booth at STGCC 2009. I knew that much earlier on there's also a pre-order for this by another reputable toy specialty shop, but the comic packs were sold in sets, whilst I only want this one. So is this pack worth the price I paid for? Let the next couple of pics speak for itself.

Ambush!!

And a parting shot,

Last but not least, do check out the following link, http://www.starwars.sg/component/conten ... stars.html
The charity auctions for the customized clone helmets showcased at the recent STGCC 2009 have gone live. Why not consider doing a part for charity and make a bid on your fav. one?

Thanks for reading. :wink:
TK3835 [Hooters]
501st Legion

Return to “Star Wars Toys”