Star wars Battlepack Reports

All about the toys from Hasbro, Kenner, Galoob...

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Star wars Battlepack Reports

Post by e3lipse » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:38 pm

Reports and news of battle pack babies

As well as reviews would be posted here
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

e3lipse

Post by e3lipse » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:40 pm

Arizona collectors get first dibs on new releases once again by finding the new K-Mart exclusive Jedi Temple Assault and Imperial Throne Room Battle Packs. Oliver Hirsch writes in: "My fellow Az collectors Eleyre and Slave 1 managed to pick up the Jedi Temple Assault Battlepack at Kmart here in sunny Az. The price was $24.99. It was packed with the Imperial Throne Room set." Happy Hunting all, and let's report those finds in our forums! Eleyre sends in this pic for confirmation.

Galactic reader Mark Szczepanski sends word (and photo) that he found the Assault on Hoth Battle Pack today at a Toys'R'Us store in Salt Lake City, Utah. Collectors will need to "attack" Toys'R'Us and K-Mart for their Battle Pack fixes. Happy hunting!

"Hello, just wanted to drop you a note to let you know that our local Toys-R-Us in Salt Lake City had the Assault on Hoth Battle Pack. Included is a pic of the front. Also, there is an error on the back where they mislabled the Jedi vs Separatist battleback as the Jedi vs Sith."

From Rebelscum

e3lipse

Post by e3lipse » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:45 pm

This month's issue of Lee's Toy Review previews the upcoming Battle Packs, including the K-Mart exclusive Imperial Throne Room pack which was initially planned to be shown at Comic-Con but was pulled by Hasbro to unveil at a later date.

The photos in Lee's show this Battle Pack to include previously released figures of the Revenge of the Sith Emperor Palpatine , two Royal Guard's (Coruscant Security) from 2002, the Commtech Stormtrooper, and an Imperial Dignitary (from 2003, Janus Greejatus). It's interesting to note that the sample shown at Comic-Con had the other Imperial Dignitary, Kren Blista-Vanee, packed in. Whether Hasbro plans to release both Dignitaries as two variant sets remains to be seen.

Make sure to pick up this month's copy of Lee's Toy Review #154 for larger and more photos as well as an awesome Guide to Star Wars Original Trilogy Collection.

From Galactic Hunter

Mmmm ... I wished they made all the imps dignitaries

e3lipse

Post by e3lipse » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:49 pm

Rebelscum Curto: We've been getting reports in all day of new Battle Packs being found across the country. Jedi Temple Assault and Imperial Throne Room sets are being found at K-Mart stores. Thanks to Hirsch for the reports and Tim N. for the pictures.

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/bpJTA05-tn.jpg

Retail: USD$25

Ps: Dun reply on normal conversion rates to se how much we would have to pay for it :P

Metros would proberbly bring in

e3lipse

Post by e3lipse » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:50 pm

Jedi Vs Separatists Comparison
Posted by Curto on August 26, 2005:

At first glance, this set makes no sense. If you are looking for a set that is movie-accurate, you won't find it here. There really is no particular scene that ties these characters together, at least as they are presented here. However, since these are main characters and very popular, this set provides an easy way to acquire them in a single purchase.

Anakin Skywalker:
This figure has the body from 2002's SAGA Deluxe Anakin Skywalker with Lightsaber Slashing Attack! figure, but now has the head from SAGA's 02-43 Anakin Skywalker (Tatooine Attack). A definite improvement.

Obi-Wan Kenobi:
This figure has the body from SAGA's 02-36 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Starfighter Pilot), but now has the head from SAGA's 02-03 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Coruscant Chase). The difference is the headgear, which was part of the original sculpt.

Mace Windu:
This figure has the body from SAGA's 02-28 Mace Windu (Geonosian Rescue), but now has the head from SAGA's 03-02 Mace Windu (Arena Confrontation). Again, an improvement, although still an awkward figure.

Jango Fett:
This looks to be a straight repack of SAGA's 02-31 Jango Fett (Final Battle), which had articulated legs. Not sure if the head is removable.

Darth Maul:
This looks the be a straight repack of Darth Maul originally from 2000's POTJ Masters of the Dark Side multipack.

Thaks to Mike from Mrmforce! for the photos.

From Rebelscum

e3lipse

Post by e3lipse » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:53 pm

You'll have to excuse the quality of these pics for now, my camera's completely acting up so I'll get a new battery and take better ones tomorrow. But for now...

Image (Yoda with Holo Yoda :grin: )

All the rest of the pics I took were even worse so that's all at the moment. Onto the details...

General Grievous is exactly the same as the Sneak Preview version. No big deal, it's a great figure and you can never have too much Grievous.

Yoda is a repack of the Saga 'Yoda & Chian' basic figure. Five toes included.

Asajj Ventress looks a lot more like the cartoon version than the basic Clone Wars figure did. She's got ball jointed shoulders and neck, swivel waist and slit-cut elbows. It's hard to move her legs through her skirt but she stands with no trouble. And her lightsabers still connect!

Anakin Skywalker is a bit of a letdown. The likeness is off and he was pretty difficult to stand. He's got ball-jointed shoulders, neck and left elbow, swivel waist and right robotic arm, ball jointed knees and articulated left hip. I know this because I tried to move his right leg and it snapped off. WARNING: his right leg does NOT move, other than when squeezed for the lame action feature. Don't make my mistake and snap the piece of turd off!!

Obi-Wan with the Clone (sorry.... 'Stormtrooper' ;) ) armor is a lot better than I thought. He's got the same immovable action featured-right leg (I'd learned my lesson from Anakin), swivel waist, articulated left leg and knee, ball jointed neck and shoulders, and slit-cut elbows. The armor when on looks a bit different than it did on the cartoon but it doesn't look overly bulky or stupid like I thought it would. Overall, he's probably my favorite of the new figures.

The set's good for what it's worth. If you didn't watch or enjoy the Clone Wars cartoon series then it's not recommended but if you want decent representations of major characters from it, it's a good buy.

From rebelscum

e3lipse

Post by e3lipse » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:57 am

Star Wars Battle Packs give you everything you need to experience the struggle against the Dark Side! Each Battle Pack includes figures on both sides of the battle between good and evil. Which side will win? Only you can decide!

Jedi vs. Separatists
Experience the battle between the heroic Jedi and the Separatist forces with this cool set. Includes Jedi Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Mace Windu, Darth Maul and Jango Fett. Available at most fine retailers.

Rebel vs. Empire
Join the Rebel forces as they combat the evil Empire to determine the fate of the Galaxy. Includes Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Darth Vader and a Stormtrooper. Available at most fine retailers.

Clone Attack on Coruscant – Available Exclusively at Target
Spring into battle with these Clone Troopers as they speed across Coruscant in their gunship to fight the massive droid armies attacking the Republic. Includes Commander Bacara and four Clone Troopers. Available exclusively at Target.

Jedi Temple Assault – Available Exclusively at Kmart
Anakin Skywalker succumbs to the Dark Side and leads an attack on the Jedi Temple as Darth Vader in this fierce Battle Pack. Includes Darth Vader, a Clone Pilot and three Clone Troopers. Available exclusively at Kmart.

Imperial Throne Room – Available Exclusively at Kmart
Palpatine disbands the Senate and creates the first Galactic Empire, declaring himself Emperor. This Battle Pack displays the Imperial Throne Room and the Emperor’s entourage. Includes Emperor Palpatine, an Imperial Dignitary, a Stormtrooper and two Royal Guards. Available exclusively at Kmart.

Assault on Hoth – Available Exclusively at Toys “R” Us
Imperial forces attack the Rebel Alliance’s Echo Base on Hoth’s icy surface in this exciting Battle Pack. Includes General Veers, a Probot and three Snowtroopers. Available exclusively at Toys “R” Us.

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:40 am

Wow , I must say that the new sculpts and dioramas seem to be improving with every release !

These are stunning ! :shock:

Return to “Star Wars Toys”