The "Collect To Collect "Code Of Honour

All about the toys from Hasbro, Kenner, Galoob...

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

WeI

Post by WeI » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:59 pm

This is great . What a true collector barry is ....... If every Starwars collector will be like him ... it will be a more enjoyable collection that one could ever have .... Being selfish and wanting to gain from someone couldn't bring you that far .

learn from him and ur days of collecting will be more enjoyable. hahahaha ! :lol

How i wish there something like this ... (( Get urself some Starwars collecting frinends like 2-3 . If they were ever to saw a good bargin somewhere or somehow , contact you and ask whether u want it . then we pay them back .}} We can certainly help one and other by doing these .. what a win win]solution .... I bet we can only find one in a thousand or million of such a person except Mr barry that help Mr grevious with his item .

gundam_skywalker

Post by gundam_skywalker » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:13 pm

Yes, he even helped me burn the Clone Wars series on CD and send to me FOC. Though the CD is not working but it is really great effort of him. Didn't tell him about this until now because I felt paiseh if he tell me that he will send me another CD. Anyway, news is the DVD will be out later this year. :wink:

WeI

Post by WeI » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:18 pm

yaeh another Point given to Mr barry for helping . Hope that a point accumulation thread that honor ppl like mr barry . Accumulate to a certain points might get a gift from Starwars.sg ? hahhahahaah ... this may help most ppl to change the way of collecting perhap..... , :twisted:

dr34m

Post by dr34m » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:22 pm

Though the CD is not working
Oh no :oops: Although I burnt it on a DVD, it can only be view via Window Media Player..Have you tried playing on computer? Anyway, it's no problem. Still cannot, drop me a PM. I can get another copy and pass you when we are in town or something haha

I just happen to have shangyou and jenki's number so whenever we stumble onto a good deal, we'll let each other know :X I scratch your back, you scratch mine...

jenki

Post by jenki » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:36 pm

lol dun my info sometimes not accurate de.. ask yoyo... tt time our info wrong by about 3 days.. ended up both of us going down twice on different days before we got it right.. L O L

WeI

Post by WeI » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:51 pm

Jenki u got the info from Staff ? Not actually gg there and see ? hahahah cool

jenki

Post by jenki » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:18 am

no from friends who see stuff like newspapers and all

masteryoyo

Post by masteryoyo » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:10 am

masteryoyo very poor thing de... goes for physical routine checks at various outlets (sometimes alternate days)... trial and error. sometimes, a friensdly jedi telephatically (mobile) informs masteryoyo and he rushes down asap. not always successfull but if info is correct... would alert all friendly forces to chiong down to grab :lol: :lol:

May the light side of the Force (true collectors) triumphs over the dark side (scalpers) hehehe :D
"Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future."

jenki

Post by jenki » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:27 am

im not really a true collector u know x3 im a customiser.. muahahaha. i know yoyo goes crazy with me chopping off feets of figures or drillin holes in them :3 like the hole on the back of my cmdr fox.. muahahaha

masteryoyo

Post by masteryoyo » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:27 am

the new shipment of TCW figures e.g. capt arygus, cmdr thire arrived 2 weeks ago at OG. As usual, they got snapped and resurfaced at a higher price on the secondary market.

masteryoyo was unhappy initially about the situation but, in retrospect, would like to thank the guys who cream off figures even before collectors know that thay have arrived.

This is because, on second thought, masteryoyo would not like AND does not want to pay $15 (after OG 20% discount) for another clone such as arygus and thire. Thank you dof helping masteryoy save money.

In a few years time, visits to CSC could easily haul mint carded of thse figures at a fraction of the prices. See what happened to the TPM figures...

Onslaught

Post by Onslaught » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:08 pm

The new shipment of TCW figures were extremely limited.. From hunting experience and info gotten from collectors, the total number of cases that hit retails is at about 20 cases or less which is pretty pathetic.. its either hit or miss for collectors and retail will not be bringing in again (no more restocks for this wave) from what I have heard.

The state of TPM toys being thrown at dirt cheap price is a rare case.. you seldom see Saga Collection or 2004 Clone Wars toys, ROTS toys being offered at very cheap prices (Not for clones anyway) so if wait too long might be a bad move instead unless the figures are being reissued or retooled which in the case of Hasbro, it is highly likely. The reason why figures from POTF, POTJ or TPM are being thrown at CSC for such cheap price is because updated versions of those characters have been released with better articulation and piantjob.. naturally those older figures will be out of favor with collectors.

PS: Arygus is not a clone. He was just a regular joe.

masteryoyo

Post by masteryoyo » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:55 pm

support the scalpers if you must :D :D :D

jenki

Post by jenki » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:34 pm

i'll wait at CSC x3 after seeing power team elite toys, i'd rather buy their vehicles for my clones than real sw ones... after all who says they must use repulsorlifts~ planets with gravitic and magnetic anomalies will disrupt repulsorlift operations

seriously, china's made in china toys are rising in quality compared to hasbro's american's toy made in china.

the new figures, especially clones, suffer from lack of weathering. cody's given 'chipped' painting rather than real weathering painting (which saves even more costs for them). and what happens, they sell it to us at a fraction higher than actual retail prices in the states.

and the AT-TE? still not response regarding the legs. it makes u think how much they value the market here.

masteryoyo

Post by masteryoyo » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:07 am

Onslaught wrote:The new shipment of TCW figures were extremely limited.. From hunting experience and info gotten from collectors, the total number of cases that hit retails is at about 20 cases or less which is pretty pathetic.. its either hit or miss for collectors and retail will not be bringing in again (no more restocks for this wave) from what I have heard.

The state of TPM toys being thrown at dirt cheap price is a rare case.. you seldom see Saga Collection or 2004 Clone Wars toys, ROTS toys being offered at very cheap prices (Not for clones anyway) so if wait too long might be a bad move instead unless the figures are being reissued or retooled which in the case of Hasbro, it is highly likely. The reason why figures from POTF, POTJ or TPM are being thrown at CSC for such cheap price is because updated versions of those characters have been released with better articulation and piantjob.. naturally those older figures will be out of favor with collectors.

PS: Arygus is not a clone. He was just a regular joe.
masteryoyo was referring to the arygus figure not the character. Besides the blond wavey head sculpt, the entire figure is a basic TCW clone body. Change a head, repaint to blue and charge 18.90!!!... a great business model huh haha.

Hoarders/Scalpers are taking advantage of the seemingly 'low supply' to further create under-supply, thus, artificially jacking up prices hehehe.

strange that the strategy calls for collectors NOT to wait but to RE-purchase from scalpers at HIGHER prices. Money no enough for masteryoyo haha. wait, yoyo must :D :D

masteryoyo

Post by masteryoyo » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:08 am

a year has passed since the first post. TCW figures now @$25 for 2. further downside expected 8)

Return to “Star Wars Toys”