ARC 170 - any review?

All about the toys from Hasbro, Kenner, Galoob...

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

stinkybear

ARC 170 - any review?

Post by stinkybear » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:59 pm

Any review of the ARC 170? the box says it can fit 2 pilots + 1 droid.. but isnt it meant to be for 3 pilots + 1 droid?

any comments? and any pictorial review? how's the quality? also the V-wing?

if i dont want to wait a few months for friends/relatives to visit the US, what is the best online site to order so i can bypass the ridiculous x hundred percent mark up by local retailers?

gundam_skywalker

Post by gundam_skywalker » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:18 pm

Are you talking about the new black colour ARC-170?

stinkybear

Post by stinkybear » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:46 pm

oh there is a new black one? how does that look compared to the greyish one at TRU? was referring to that one. are they all the same (quality and features) anyway? just different colour?

jenki

Post by jenki » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:09 pm

they are all the same mould.. and different repaints, crew of 3, one droid but inserted sideways... the back turret drops off easily... the openin wings get loose easily... and the cockpit windows feel like it's gonna break off anytime

gundam_skywalker

Post by gundam_skywalker » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:54 am

jenki wrote:they are all the same mould.. and different repaints, crew of 3, one droid but inserted sideways... the back turret drops off easily... the openin wings get loose easily... and the cockpit windows feel like it's gonna break off anytime
Is it really that bad? :lol:

jenki

Post by jenki » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:40 pm

lol i feel that way... ok ok i'll be a bit nicer and include the good points too.

Fuselage/Wings
huge. uber huge. and.. erm i guess that's it. paintjob seems pretty good (mine's a sharkface, im not sure about the rest)
Wings... huge too, but the flaps are flimsy. uber flimsy, as if they are going to get torn off if it ever encounters turbulence. And they dun open up nicely (the way x-wing's s-foils does)

Cockpit/Crew
Cockpits can fit most figures, unless they have an antenna or something jutting out, or if u are trying to fit in a gamorrean. A bit cramped though. The astromech fits in sideways, and is loose, uber loose too... as if the droid is going to fall over if the ARC goes into a roll
The cockpit controls arent anything fancy either, no points for that

Weapons
Bombs. they drop. that's it.
Main cannons, huge, with that retarded firing mechanism hasbro always has that shoots out a quarter of the cannon itself.
The rotating gun turret at the back is... well it can rotate and angles up and down, but the tilt is quite limited too, and for mine, the joint between the fuselage and the turret is pretty loose.

Functions
the landing gear's pretty retarded, a hinged one at the front and that's it
has a handgrip that rotates out from under the belly of the plane, with a trigger to release the bombs.

Return to “Star Wars Toys”