Naboo Starfighter basic custom' and self made stand.

All about the toys from Hasbro, Kenner, Galoob...

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

ant

Naboo Starfighter basic custom' and self made stand.

Post by ant » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:42 pm

Hi,
Jus wanna share with u guys what i did for basic custom for my naboo fighter. What i mean basic is real basic.. haha. Hope that you guys can see the diff cause too basic liao. I m not a professional painter o what. I just do what i can.

First is the stand for the ship.
Though its better to position the ship vertically so is able to show off its dynamic silhouette. Its a small easel with some custom..

[Image

Then is the ship. I got this ship with battery leak(mention on the other thread "Removal batteries In MISB toy") , thus the front portion paint dropped off.
I repaint the silver portion, using a more brighter n vibriant silver, including the bottom part.
Then i had remove all the weathering which comes originally, made it to a clean n neat one. I manage to polish it till super high gloss at the yellow plastic part, as you can see from the reflection.
Its real cool to see it in a nice glossy finished. It really project its surface contour nicely.

Removed the ugly parting line on both the jet.

Lastly, it now place beside my atat on my office desk. Actually i though of painting the easel to black or what, making it more cool looking. But still feel that keeping it original in wood finished would be better. Cause i feel that this way portray the ship in a more "artpiece" manner...

Next, i'll do a stand for my both my podracers. but think wont be so soon yet.

Thanks for viewing :)
Last edited by ant on Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ant

Post by ant » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:46 pm

How to make the picture big?? Not under a link??

Valentin

Post by Valentin » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:51 pm

Very nicely done. :D

O.T.: You can consider using photobucket, if you wish to limit or adjust the size of your photos online in forums or websites.
TK3835 [Hooters]
501st Legion

Shangyou

Post by Shangyou » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:10 am

Hey that's a nice stand u made there. 8)

Return to “Star Wars Toys”