About The New Republic Gunship The Clone Wars Collection

All about the toys from Hasbro, Kenner, Galoob...

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

Zul

About The New Republic Gunship The Clone Wars Collection

Post by Zul » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:07 pm

Hi you guys!

I went to the Toys R Us at Vivocity during lunchtime hour just now to check out the new Republic Gunship and perhaps, return after work to purchase it. I saw one there priced at $119, just enough for my budget this month.

But I am not satisfied with one thing about the Gunship. I am a stickler for details, I don't know about you guys. But the port and starboard side of the new Gunship does not have the so-called bubble gun turrets(for lack of a better name) that you see in Attack Of The Clones. I know this because I have one at home that is made of Die-Cast Titanium but alas a miniature that sits on top of my DVD player.

Why is that so? I have watched The Clone Wars only once so I can't really remember all the details about the Gunships.

But I would also like to know where to get The Republic Gunship that is featured in AOTC?
"Size matters not.Look at me.Judge me by my size,do you?Hmm? And well you should not.For my ally is the Force.And a powerful ally it is.Life creates it,makes it grow.Its energy surrounds us and binds us.Luminous beings are we,not this crude matter..."

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:50 pm

hmm....i don't like the 'clean' look though..the cartoon versions of the larty does not have bubble turrets to start with..check out the cartoon network series...
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Nien Nunb

Post by Nien Nunb » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:53 pm

Is the clone wars republic gunship different from the previous from revenge of the sith ?
Learn the way of the dark side and achieve a power greater than any jedi.

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:00 pm

yep..the movie gunships have bubble turrets...
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

jenki

Post by jenki » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:28 pm

The current gunship u see at toysrus is a repaint of the same gunship released over the last few years in various repaints. In the movie it does not have a bubble turret and in place it has fully closeable blast doors. The toy itself is the same as its previous versions; the bubble turret is a single ball-shaped turret sold separately in the AOTC clone pilot set

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:30 pm

is the AOTC clone pilot set still available anywhere? CSC?
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

hunter

Post by hunter » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:18 am

yeah.....csc has it.......one of the shops ....saw last sunday.......u can chk them out....

Zul

Need more info

Post by Zul » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:25 am

Hey thanks guys for that 'healthy' feedback. Now that I know the bubble turret is sold separately from the ship, where is this CSC?

But truly last time I saw one Republic Gunship complete with the side turrets and a troop of clone figures, sold at Hobby Focus. Too bad, there is only one item left at that time.

In fact, it is the only one as the shop buys items from patrons too. I think an expatriate here left it at the shop as he does not want to take it back to his country.
"Size matters not.Look at me.Judge me by my size,do you?Hmm? And well you should not.For my ally is the Force.And a powerful ally it is.Life creates it,makes it grow.Its energy surrounds us and binds us.Luminous beings are we,not this crude matter..."

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:26 pm

CSC = china square central....
nearest mrt station is chinatown..
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

lewdini

Post by lewdini » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:39 pm

Hasbro is releasing a more accurate movie representation of the "bubble" turret in a battlepack set for release in 2009.
Watch for it!
:D
3 3/4 Completist!

jenki

Post by jenki » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:34 pm

LOLX! maybe they gotten those guys at ebay who started making their bubble turret to do it for them... i was hoping they would release a gunship with fully closeable blast doors even w/o turrets like those in the clone wars...

AyKay

Post by AyKay » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:08 pm

jenki wrote:LOLX! maybe they gotten those guys at ebay who started making their bubble turret to do it for them... i was hoping they would release a gunship with fully closeable blast doors even w/o turrets like those in the clone wars...
Agreed. I just went and checked out Ron's new Gunship the other day (helped him procure that solitary piece from Tampines TRU). Kinda disappointed that it didn't close full.
Ananda 'AK' Kang | ANEH | TK 8315 | Expert Infantryman | Singapore Garrison

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:53 am

i was thinking, were the blast doors able to close fully, then when the blast doors are open, won't they obstruct too much of the flight deck??

But, hey, i do want a gunship with blast doors that can close fully..
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

jenki

Post by jenki » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:11 am

if u need 2 blast doors to close fully i guess, juz like in the clone wars movie.. after all the bubble turret is pretty stupid.. the guy inside is pratically free frag...

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:11 pm

I wonder what's the smallest round needed to penetrate the bubble turret.. looks nice anyway,

Know of any modders who can install full blast doors on the gunships??
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Return to “Star Wars Toys”