AT-TE

All about the toys from Hasbro, Kenner, Galoob...

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

Zpydr

AT-TE

Post by Zpydr » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:25 am

Hi guys, has any1 who have the lastest Hasbro AT-TE encounter problems with the vehicle legs or joints. Like the don't really snapped on together and it kept falling on when standing them up on all six feet?

hbng
Site Admin

Re: AT-TE

Post by hbng » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:04 pm

Zpydr wrote:Hi guys, has any1 who have the lastest Hasbro AT-TE encounter problems with the vehicle legs or joints. Like the don't really snapped on together and it kept falling on when standing them up on all six feet?
Have not opened up mine, but from Valentin's posted review, it seems ok

Valentin

Post by Valentin » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:51 pm

Take note that the legs are meant to break apart without short-term damage if the AT-TE sustains some kind of physical shock. It's meant as part of the toy safety regulations...

Mine is quite fine and both the top and bottom joints fit snugly without any overly loose parts.

Although, Hasbro has provided wheels for attachment to the AT-TE's feets, it is my advise to not use them at all. It's would ensure that the orginal safety feature turning the AT-TE into a wreck most of the time.

There's ways to 'help' make the legs sorta permanently hard joints, as was seen in other fan-site forums. I might go into that, after I get a 2nd AT-TE then.

Anyway, back to your question, mine AT-TE is still on it's feet, and hasn't collapsed yet under it's own weight since august 8th...
TK3835 [Hooters]
501st Legion

jenki

Post by jenki » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:00 pm

my at-te is collasping every other hour -_- i'm using a transparent plastic case to support it. i'd rather take out the computer and batteries and speakers inside to lighten it... the way hasbro makes their toys is so american style... who needs a sound-making AT-TE.. its way better to make it more.. movable, the way the AT-TE is in the clone wars movie, where the main joint of the middle leg doesnt just rotate, but moves back and forth, up and down.

Valentin

Post by Valentin » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:17 pm

Alright... Duly noted. 8)

Here's some of the fixes (variants of it) explained on the web...

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.p ... ost3333879

http://banthaskull.com/index.php/page/s ... cer_at_te/

Please proceed with caution on all fixes... as the result may be more than expected.
TK3835 [Hooters]
501st Legion

jenki

Post by jenki » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:24 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWro8JuL11o

here's a quick n easy way to fix the middle leg with a pencil.. L O L[/url]

eming

Post by eming » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:57 pm

I faced the same problem with my AT-TE and couldn't find the tube to keep the joints from falling apart.

So I had to find an alternative method.

I went to Daiso and bought a pack of those long eraser refills.

They come in packs of 3. One white and the other 2 blue.

They are thicken then your regular eraser refills you find in the market.
And they are easier to cut up to the shape you want.

So all I did was to chop up the strips into the same lengths as the pegs on the joints and slice up them up to fit into the space between the pegs.

Whoa! The joints are all tight now.

Now I need clones... :lol:

jenki

Post by jenki » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:18 am

ok i found another alternative.. using plastic wall anchors, for those who dunno wat that is, heres an image (most ppl should have seen it before)

needless to say how its done isnt it

eming

Post by eming » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:27 am

Actually that's a smart alternative. :)

hunter

at te

Post by hunter » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:03 am

muz thk all in the forum for the improvised methods to make the at te more sturdy..........

my at te now wont be ''crash'' prone now......lol

jenki

Post by jenki » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:50 am

http://www.jedinsider.com/index.php?cat ... emid=11328

Hasbro is working on the problem.. i already emailed hasbro about how we can get ours fixed by them once the repair procedure has been finalised..

jenki

Post by jenki » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:17 am

okay guys, hasbro has begun making new legs for the AT-TE... i called hasbro singapore, they said the head office is a bit slow on international customers... so in the meantime it would be better if we can get a list of how many people are experiencing this problem and would like to get their AT-TE legs replaced, and then its easier for hasbro singapore to coordinate with their head office.

hunter

Post by hunter » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:25 am

count me in........
so, the deal is to swap the legs only minus the body, rite?
need to produce any proof of purchase?
receipts thrown away liao...........

jenki

Post by jenki » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:30 pm

i asked about the receipt problem too.. i told her it was quite impossible for us to produce receipt for something we bought months ago and she said she will think of something

jenki

Post by jenki » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:57 pm

ok guys... last call.. seriously, those who want your AT-TE legs swopped for a new one. Please post a reply here so i can take a count because the person in charge of this from Hasbro just called me to say that she needs to send in the number by end of this week so that they can ship it to us. Thanks!

Return to “Star Wars Toys”