Pictorial Review of 501st Legion Clone Trooper "Join-Up

All about the toys from Hasbro, Kenner, Galoob...

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

Valentin

Pictorial Review of 501st Legion Clone Trooper "Join-Up

Post by Valentin » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:57 am

Star Wars Clone Wars 501st Legion Clone Trooper "Join-Up" (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Item #: 87915
UPC/EAN/ISBN: 653569342956
Availability: Walmart(US), Takashimaya S.C.(SG), Amazon.com (UK)
Price: SGD$24.90/USD$6.99/£11.99
The clone trooper trooper forces are gathering together for their next mission - and they want you to join them! With your very own Republic Army Identification Card, you can become a member of the most elite fighting force in the galaxy. Your destiny awaits - Join Today!
For an exclusive... this has certainly appeared on our shores with a notable quantity. Even I wasn't aware of it, (the figure's existence, that is), until Hak Beng asked me if I was interested in getting one. {Yoz HB, if you are reading this, I still want those 2 clonies, gonna keep them MOSC.)

Without further ado, let's get on with the review...

The packaging photos.

Side View.

One nifty feature about this packaging is the ID card. Let's go about unveiling it...

As you have probably noticed, the card front allows you to affix your photo onto, and the back of the card is for your signature to personalize it.

Let's go onto the fun part... Ripping out the trooper from it's plastic "prison"

Here's the 501st trooper with it's full complement of accessories.

Let's check out the four views of the trooper.
ImageImageImageImage

The trooper comes with 14 points of articulation. Something to note, it's got exactly the same body/mold as the other clone trooper. The wrists can also bend.

Here's the close-ups on the weaponary...

Rifle:

Blaster:

Launcher:

Check out their poses!!!

All in all, is this figure really worth it? That's probably the question I have been asking all day before splurging on 3 of this at a go... and so far this is what I think...

Check out the normal clone trooper for comparison:

In comparison, you get a repainted clone trooper, a rifle, and a ID Card, in terms of extras. Also, this is an exclusive. So why not? :roll:

Personally, what really drives me to pick this up, would be the rifles. Since all the preview videos has shown the troopers to be carrying rifles, and not blasters. And a rifle definitely packs a bigger punch.

And before I end off... check this out!
TK3835 [Hooters]
501st Legion

darth nacho

Post by darth nacho » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:35 am

wow you took yours out of the box. by the way the ones from WAl Mart is a bit different. on the card it is printed that you can go to wal mart phot center to take your photo and put it in the ID at the wal mart photo lab.

cool they have it here too.

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:13 am

says the same on ours too... although we have no Wal-Marts here to head to :lol:
It's practically the same packaged product, minus the "Only at Wal-Mart" sticker.

darth nacho

Post by darth nacho » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:19 am

hjahaha....dont know but i thought hasbro had some exclusive stuff with walmart...hince the card...hahaha.

maybe the SE asia distrubiter decide to flood it here.

Red_5

Post by Red_5 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:35 am

darth nacho wrote:hjahaha....dont know but i thought hasbro had some exclusive stuff with walmart...hince the card...hahaha.

maybe the SE asia distrubiter decide to flood it here.
Most likely the case......... :? Maybe next time they will work with Seng Siong and NTUC for exclusive troopers.
"The Darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities that some consider to be unnatural.....is it possible to learn those powers? YES, Not from a Jedi..."

Red_5

Re: Pictorial Review of 501st Legion Clone Trooper "Joi

Post by Red_5 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:37 am

Hehe, i think many that buy and rip this 501st figure have plans or this scence too. You the first that showcase it........yahoo! Thanks for them pixs again.

"The Darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities that some consider to be unnatural.....is it possible to learn those powers? YES, Not from a Jedi..."

Valentin

Post by Valentin » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:31 pm

Red_5 wrote:Hehe, i think many that buy and rip this 501st figure have plans or this scence too. You the first that showcase it........yahoo! Thanks for them pixs again.
Nope... I ain't the 1st. Note that this dude is just exclusive to walmart in the states at the usual retail price of USD$6.99. So others have already opened up theirs, with around a squadron size of figures in the states. Just check out the photos from Rebelscum and Galactichunter.

And no, I would prefer the AT-TE scene, if I had more time on my hands. The one where it was ambushed by the droids. :wink:
TK3835 [Hooters]
501st Legion

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:03 pm

Valentin wrote:.......
And no, I would prefer the AT-TE scene, if I had more time on my hands. The one where it was ambushed by the droids. :wink:
Hahaha, you'll need a lot of Clones, Battle Droids and Super Battle Droids :)

BTW, great review, now I want to open up mine.

Hellguybw

Post by Hellguybw » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:49 am

nice review:) still deciding if i shld open mine lol

Valentin

Post by Valentin » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:53 pm

Ah-HEM... all action figures under my care shall be 'freed' from their 'packaging prison'. :twisted:

Except those extremely exclusive ones. :oops:

Well, it de-stresses me to pose these figures and their accompanying vehicles in various actual scenes(from the movie, or games). Though my dioramas are still pretty amateurish, even for now. :roll:

So, if you ask me... OPEN them up. :mrgreen:
TK3835 [Hooters]
501st Legion

Hellguybw

Post by Hellguybw » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:40 pm

lol! :lol: Packaging prison.. what do you mean by extremeley exclusive ones?

Valentin

Post by Valentin » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:50 pm

Hellguybw wrote:lol! :lol: Packaging prison.. what do you mean by extremeley exclusive ones?
Purchased by gf as a gift, or have "hunted" for quite a while, or sentimental value... of course, that's just me.
TK3835 [Hooters]
501st Legion

Red_5

Post by Red_5 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:33 am

Hehe *envy* GF buys toyz for you. :D

Return to “Star Wars Toys”