SINGAPORE Star Wars Merchandise ALERT

All about the toys from Hasbro, Kenner, Galoob...

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

inuka

Re: New Toys (UGH and Battle Pack)

Post by inuka » Thu May 04, 2006 10:43 pm

hbng wrote:
inuka wrote:....This must have been my lucky day!
Lucky you! I've always hoped to find another of such day! :D
Yeap, today was indeed my lucky day. But I have also been considerate. I only buy one of each item so that others who happen to come along, can buy one for themselves also. :)

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Thu May 04, 2006 11:06 pm

inuka wrote:.....But I have also been considerate. I only buy one of each item so that others who happen to come along, can buy one for themselves also. :)
Yes, that's good to know. I've just heard someone wiped out all of one of the more popular figures in Orchard Rd.....

hunter

Post by hunter » Fri May 05, 2006 3:38 pm

are the 2 red shock troopers in the battlepack re-tool figures with super articulation ?

vector_prime

Post by vector_prime » Fri May 05, 2006 3:50 pm

inuka wrote:Only a few "Skirmish In The Senate" Battle Packs left at TRU Paragon. It is selling at $49.90 each. :)
I saw lotsa them at Tampines TRU just now...was $59.90 though...like all the other battlepacks :)
* You should be more concerned with character than reputation because character is who you are, while reputation is merely what others think.

=PATIENCE HAS IT's REWARDS=

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Fri May 05, 2006 8:06 pm

The problem with battlepacks is constant repack of some unwanted stuff, such as yoda and palpy.......... :lol:

inuka

Post by inuka » Sat May 06, 2006 3:36 pm

hunter wrote:are the 2 red shock troopers in the battlepack re-tool figures with super articulation ?
Yeap, the 2 Shock Troopers are of the Super Articulated versions. :D

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Sat May 06, 2006 4:37 pm

In fact just for economical folks, u can buy #41 SA Clone at $15, rip it our of the ROTS bubble, and use some red paint and pieces of paper/masking tapes, and it'll look just like the same. serious.

ARC

Post by ARC » Sat May 06, 2006 10:14 pm

But it feels weird. Just like having a normal canvas shoe with the NIKE logo drawn by yourself. :P

People want official things ma. Otherwise tact ops dudes would have been pegwarmers.

vector_prime

Post by vector_prime » Sat May 06, 2006 11:47 pm

ARC wrote:But it feels weird. Just like having a normal canvas shoe with the NIKE logo drawn by yourself. :P

People want official things ma. Otherwise tact ops dudes would have been pegwarmers.
Agreed.......

customs will rock only if it's a figure or vehicle that was never made ;)
* You should be more concerned with character than reputation because character is who you are, while reputation is merely what others think.

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Sun May 07, 2006 1:43 am

vector_prime wrote:
ARC wrote:But it feels weird. Just like having a normal canvas shoe with the NIKE logo drawn by yourself. :P

Agreed.......

Sorry bro i disagree. Customs rocks because you did it yourself and you are happy with the results. It doesn matter whether or not Hasbro made it. And speaking of which, my battlepack's arm paintjob is really horrifying.
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Sun May 07, 2006 10:49 am

if u can customised as equally good as the machines prints, i say use customs better. it's like some real cars i saw, some customised until damn cool, u got see those MTV show on "pimp my ride", heavily customised by Westcoast, damn zai!
Similarly to figures, some folks managed to replicate a complete much better customised figure then Hasbro's, not saying Hasbro did a bad job or something, some ppl are into the very details. :wink:

vector_prime

Post by vector_prime » Sun May 07, 2006 12:56 pm

e3lipse wrote:
vector_prime wrote:

Agreed.......

Sorry bro i disagree. Customs rocks because you did it yourself and you are happy with the results. It doesn matter whether or not Hasbro made it. And speaking of which, my battlepack's arm paintjob is really horrifying.
actually its a "to each his own" thingy :)

but from my point of view if theres one already produced nicely....why waste money on figures & materials to customised it to look the same as the produced ones right?

Im crazy about customs myself...& really envy the guys who can really do a good detailing job on some stuff like macross or gundam..but for this shocktrooper..I think theres not much you can do ;)

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Sun May 07, 2006 2:25 pm

vector_prime wrote:.......actually its a "to each his own" thingy :)...
Agreed. I'd love to kit bash one of those models as how ILM did for the movies, but I stay away from any customisation of the figures. It's simply a matter of personal preferences.

Devlinholic

Post by Devlinholic » Mon May 08, 2006 1:21 am

i heard some people custom the ROTS card to the old vintage ep4 to 6 with pictures & episode series in it. selling S$15.00 just for a one side card without figures in it.

saw a clone trooper picture in it bearing rots logo. wanted to get it but 15 for a card board ... as why u guys will say to each on his own :roll:
Any one can be a Sith but a true sith do not fear anything but instill the FEAR in others

inuka

UGH Cards Galore at Taka

Post by inuka » Thu May 11, 2006 8:11 pm

Hi All,

There are many UGH carded figures at Taka toys department this afternoon. At last count around 5pm, I saw at least 9 Snowtrooper, many Anakin, Han Solo and Obi-Wan, at least 2 Darth Vader, 1 Commander Cody (but the card for Cody is badly creased) and a couple of AT-AT Driver and General Grievous. No signs of UGH-carded Scorch and Boba Fett though.

Return to “Star Wars Toys”