Poor Man's Gunship Diorama

All about the toys from Hasbro, Kenner, Galoob...

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

Paul K
Site Admin

Poor Man's Gunship Diorama

Post by Paul K » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:34 pm

Took the backgrounds from the Hunt for Grevious pack and made a diorama out of it. I thought it turned out nicely. Here are the pics.

Here is the overall view of the completed diorama.

I created a floor for the figures to stand on. I used compressed foam board and a hot glue gun to create the scene.

Yoda in conference with his commanders.

Clone Pilot providing covering fire.

ARC Trooper de-planning!

It took me about 2-3 hours to complete this and the best part is I get to reposition the figures whenever I want to and I don't have to pay hundreds of dollars for the gunship.

inuka

Post by inuka » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:55 pm

Wow, awesome! :D

Great diorama!

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:14 pm

Very fantastically done!!! :D

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:29 pm

Very nice job, very convincing! :o

Post by 9 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:03 pm

Woah, very nice set up! Lots of different clones. Nicely done!

oh btw...the yellow clone is holding a grey vibro-staff?

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:12 pm

Thanks for the kind words. Amazing what you can do with cardboard and foam board. Hope more forum members will do some dioramas too.

Post by 9 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:19 pm

i might do the same way you did....it's pretty neat...nicely cut. You used a penknife to slice the rounded regions? the cardboard's pretty thick...

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:20 pm

9 wrote:Woah, very nice set up! Lots of different clones. Nicely done!

oh btw...the yellow clone is holding a grey vibro-staff?
It is actually the staft that comes with the Shadows of the Empire series Luke in Guard disguise. Thought it looked cool so passed it onto my clones to use.
Last edited by Paul K on Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:25 pm

9 wrote:i might do the same way you did....it's pretty neat...nicely cut. You used a penknife to slice the rounded regions? the cardboard's pretty thick...
I use the xacto hobby knife for cutting. As normal, do take very good care when using sharp instruments when cutting. Sometimes, one uses a lot of strength to cut through thick board and you could very easily cut yourself.

I used compressed foam board as it is more stable and does not warp with changes in humidity. Normal cardboard will absorb a certain amount of moisture in our damp environment.

Post by 9 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:27 pm

tk_110201 wrote:
9 wrote:i might do the same way you did....it's pretty neat...nicely cut. You used a penknife to slice the rounded regions? the cardboard's pretty thick...
I use the xacto hobby knife for cutting. As normal, do take very good care when using sharp instruments when cutting. Sometimes, one uses a lot of strength to cut through thick board and you could very easily cut yourself.

I used compressed foam board as it is more stable and does not warp with changes in humidity. Normal cardboard will absorb a certain amount of moisture in our damp environment.
you got a pix of your xacto hobby knife?

yup foam board, easily available....got an Artfiend store juz near my workplace...hehe

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:32 pm

9 wrote:
tk_110201 wrote:

you got a pix of your xacto hobby knife?

yup foam board, easily available....got an Artfiend store juz near my workplace...hehe
Sorry but I don't have a picture of the knife. But if you go to Artfriend, you can find it there. I've had mine for almost 20 years now since my art school days.

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:54 pm

Awesome workpiece, plus the shots are damn clear!
Execellent!

btw for the info CW gunship is turret-less. Where ya find the binoculars, from the duluxe clones?

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:08 pm

The binos came from one of the federation droids. Not sure which one though.

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:31 pm

kinda curious u really go cut and remove the blue lieutenant's belt for the kama?

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:40 pm

nice one!!
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

Return to “Star Wars Toys”