The Hunt For Grevious Battlepack

All about the toys from Hasbro, Kenner, Galoob...

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

Impulse

The Hunt For Grevious Battlepack

Post by Impulse » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:31 am

http://chinese-starwars.com/chineseforu ... /1_157.jpg

http://chinese-starwars.com/chineseforu ... /2_137.jpg

Taken from the chinese SW site.

It's a bit disappointment to see Captain Ordo really missing a pathfinder.

vector_prime

Re: The Hunt For Grevious Battlepack

Post by vector_prime » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:33 am

Commander Faie wrote:http://chinese-starwars.com/chineseforu ... /1_157.jpg

http://chinese-starwars.com/chineseforu ... /2_137.jpg

Taken from the chinese SW site.

It's a bit disappointment to see Captain Ordo really missing a pathfinder.
Still Im sure this one will be hot. Im definitely getting them
* You should be more concerned with character than reputation because character is who you are, while reputation is merely what others think.

=PATIENCE HAS IT's REWARDS=

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:49 pm

The mold is of the CW ARC . Argh
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

vector_prime

Post by vector_prime » Thu May 04, 2006 2:30 pm

It's out in U.S already

Clearer box & loose pics

* You should be more concerned with character than reputation because character is who you are, while reputation is merely what others think.

Devlinholic

Post by Devlinholic » Fri May 05, 2006 11:24 am

FINALLY they re issue the ARC trooper , this is a got to have trooperS for me :D
Any one can be a Sith but a true sith do not fear anything but instill the FEAR in others

inuka

Post by inuka » Fri May 05, 2006 1:51 pm

Below is Hasbro's writeup on this awesome battle pack:

On the distant planet of Hypori, Separatist leader General Grievous and a legion of his super battle droids have surrounded a small group of desperate Jedi knights. In response, the Republic dispatches an elite squad of fully equipped clone troopers with orders to destroy Grievous and rescue the Jedi. Captain Fordo orders his heavy gunner to take out the super battle droids that are threatening the remaining Jedi. Knowing that the torso is the weakest part of a super battle droid's construction, this heavy gunner takes careful aim and wastes little ammunition. Leader of the task force known as The Muunilinst 10, Fordo is known for his aggressive fighting tactics and prefers to employ firepower over finesse. Fordo was once awarded the Chancellor's Service Medal, which he refused and transferred to a fallen member of his task force. These clone troopers are all members of The Muunilinst 10. They will follow their leader, Captain Fordo, to the end, obeying his every command and destroying anything or anyone that gets in his way. Five-pack of action figures comes with removable weapons for exciting Star Wars battles! Based on characters from the animated series Clone Wars, this set of 5 action figures has awesome battle-action features! Includes heavy gunner Clone Trooper, Captain Fordo and 2 Clone Trooper action figures, blaster pistols and heavy blaster cannon.[/i]

vector_prime

Post by vector_prime » Fri May 05, 2006 3:55 pm

inuka wrote:this set of 5 action figures has awesome battle-action features! Includes heavy gunner Clone Trooper, Captain Fordo and 2 Clone Trooper action figures, blaster pistols and heavy blaster cannon.[/b][/i]
I think Hasbro made a mistake there...its 5 in a set but mentioned only 4 :)

anyway the heavy gunner should come with a quad cannon...but that looks like a gattling gun. Nevertheless this set rocks BIG TIME :D

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Fri May 05, 2006 8:05 pm

Really Fordo has missing pathfinder......... geez, i didn't know the pistols is the same as the #33 ROTS clone commander.

I heard from rebelscum.com that tyhe machine gun is rip-off from GI Joe line.

inuka

Post by inuka » Sun May 07, 2006 6:46 pm

The 2 packs of "Hunt for Grievous" Battle Pack which I ordered from Amazon.com have been delayed. Seems that they have ran out of these items at their warehouse. They just sent me an email today saying that the earliest shipment date possible is 11 June! :(

But when I "click" on the item, they still list it as "this item usually ships within 2 to 3 days". What the ********* :evil:

Those intending to order this direct from Amazon.com...be ready for late shipment on or after 11 June 06. :(

vector_prime

Post by vector_prime » Sun May 07, 2006 7:27 pm

Commander Faie wrote:
I heard from rebelscum.com that tyhe machine gun is rip-off from GI Joe line.
youre absolutely right bro....no wonder the machine gun looks so familiar :)

inuka wrote:The 2 packs of "Hunt for Grievous" Battle Pack which I ordered from Amazon.com have been delayed. Seems that they have ran out of these items at their warehouse. They just sent me an email today saying that the earliest shipment date possible is 11 June! :(

But when I "click" on the item, they still list it as "this item usually ships within 2 to 3 days". What the ********* :evil:

Those intending to order this direct from Amazon.com...be ready for late shipment on or after 11 June 06. :(
yeah...looks like this one is gonna be real hot :D

Valentin

Post by Valentin » Tue May 30, 2006 5:56 pm

Just realized that the red commander doesn't come equiped with a range finder, only his three arcs' have them. Kind of a sad case, I would say.

The arcs' are definitely slightly worse than the previously released arc trooper. None of them are able to stand properly without support. This is probably due to the way their feet were packaged.

While the amount of accessories is near staggering, I would think that more could have been provided, in view of the "poor" state of articulation for the arcs'.

Then again, the heavy gunner and the commander are near/almost S.A.(super-articulated). So I guess this makes up alot for it.

These battlepacks are retailing at SGD59.90 each at TRU. So for almost all fans, they are definitely a great grab, considering the price point and type of figures.

Actually, what makes this battlepack much more attractive is that they were featured fully in a episode on the animated clone wars series(see episode 21). So despite the number of imperfections with this battlepack, hasbro definitely has got a "hot" one down here.
TK3835 [Hooters]
501st Legion

inuka

Post by inuka » Tue May 30, 2006 8:35 pm

The more I look at the Heavy Gunner that comes with this Battle Pack, the more I believe that this figure comes from the same mould as that of the AT-RT Driver from the ROTS series. :D

Post by 9 » Wed May 31, 2006 1:53 am

Yah helmet looks the same, repainted probably. =)

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Wed May 31, 2006 1:43 pm

inuka wrote:The more I look at the Heavy Gunner that comes with this Battle Pack, the more I believe that this figure comes from the same mould as that of the AT-RT Driver from the ROTS series. :D
Cip-Quad Gunner is 100% reuse of previous molds.

Ingredients:
1 ATRT Driver helmet
1 ROTS #33 Red Commander's body
1 Commander Bacarra's kama
1 G.I. Joe Chain gun
blue paint, and while making armpit and ankle rings, blue plastic is used instead of white.

:lol:

Valentin

Post by Valentin » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:14 pm

Some loose pics.

Group Pic.

Image Image
Commander

Image Image
Heavy Gunner

Image Image
Gattling Gun

Image Image
Arc Troopers

Comparison with the AOTC version of arc trooper.
TK3835 [Hooters]
501st Legion

Return to “Star Wars Toys”