SINGAPORE Star Wars Merchandise ALERT

All about the toys from Hasbro, Kenner, Galoob...

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:58 am

Thanks for the info :)

Will the figures also be available for pre-order as a 2 separate sets -- i.e. Clone Wars only, or Legacy Collection only?

jenki

Post by jenki » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:48 pm

can i juz get a few instead of the whole set .-.

hasbro's starwars shop is offering sandtrooper, destroyer droid, clone trooper and stormtrooper in sets of 8 ...they called it the army builder package, but they dun ship to singapore... its kinda cheap, if only ther's a way to ship it (approx 60 SGD for 8, so its only abt 7.50 per fig w/o shippin costs)

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:57 pm

bernardng

Post by bernardng » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:22 pm

Dranoel wrote:Thanks for the info :)

Will the figures also be available for pre-order as a 2 separate sets -- i.e. Clone Wars only, or Legacy Collection only?
Sure, I just edited my post. When I get more details, I will let you know. Thanks for your help.
jenki wrote:can i juz get a few instead of the whole set .-.
Sorry, as all our figures are sold at a fixed price of $17.90 each, we can't allow singles to be ordered as then there will be people just buying the troopers. See my post here on what we are going to do to get kids excited abt SW and troopers.

jenki

Post by jenki » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:59 am

I get wat ya mean, but i believe hasbro has preparations for that; look at what they have in their stocks... if only we can get such stuff to singapore. at 7.50 per trooper it really is "troop building" sets..

http://hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=ps_r ... x=0&go.y=0

I'm wondering if any trooper-collectors here wanna buy straight from them, the only problem is shipping because hasbro (and toysrus USA, which has equally low prices) doesnt do international shipping. one way is thru VPOST, but its too expensive unless it really is in bulk, but exceeding 400 dollars in value and u have to pay tax... -_- unless somebody has friends or relatives in US. their clearance sales are really ridiculous cheap. Battle of Hoth Target exclusive which is sold for 150+ at paragon metro is being cleared at 12 dollars US...

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:41 am

Haldir wrote:Use vPost USA lah ;)

https://www.vpost.com.sg/login.html
I've tried before, they don't accept Singapore credit cards. So unless you have a US credit card....... :)

gorkoracing

Post by gorkoracing » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:50 pm

Just so happens I'm in the US :wink:
WTB Prototype/Sample Star Wars figures

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:18 pm

gorkoracing wrote:Just so happens I'm in the US :wink:
Now, that's really convenient :)

gorkoracing

Post by gorkoracing » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:23 am

While I may not be able to get tons of things for everyone on here I can probably help some of you guys out.

Anyone with prototype contacts or ways to get figures early that could help me out over here would be appreciated.
I would have loved to have owned these figures that are pictured on this site as I believe they are early samples
ImageImage
ImageImage

and the white box clean mail-in rex unused with no address label

Things like this I have a great interest in. I am willing to trade or if someone just would like to purchase the items. Just let me know what you'd like me to look for and I'll try to locate it for you. 8)

Feel free to pm me anytime or email at apagano@knology.net
Please let me know if anyone can help me out as well.
WTB Prototype/Sample Star Wars figures

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:36 pm

Following last night's (eeeeeeeeearly this morning actually) launch of the new toys, a few of us went for Round 2 for stuff that we missed out on at the launch.

The good news is that the new stuff are Blue tag items at Metro. That's good news for Metro card holders :wink:

But before anyone of you who bought stuff at the launch start banging your heads, the range is limited compared to the launch and the promotions for free posters and free holo grievious with purchases do not apply at Metro. So that's the give-and-take yeah? :)

Stuff we saw include AT-TE, Millennium Falcon, the $49.90 vehicles (eg. Homing Spider Droid, V-19 Torrent Starfighter, V-wing...), Evolution Packs, Clone Wars animated figures, and very limited quantity of Legacy Collection figures. No Battle Packs nor Stormtrooper Muggs though.

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:48 pm

Dranoel wrote:Following last night's (eeeeeeeeearly this morning actually) launch of the new toys, a few of us went for Round 2 for stuff that we missed out on at the launch.

TRU at Paragon had very limited stock of Clone Wars figures, and no Legacy. There were the Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol and Speeder Bike Recce battle packs.

Red_5

Post by Red_5 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:52 pm

Dranoel wrote:Following last night's (eeeeeeeeearly this morning actually) launch of the new toys, a few of us went for Round 2 for stuff that we missed out on at the launch.

The good news is that the new stuff are Blue tag items at Metro. That's good news for Metro card holders :wink:

But before anyone of you who bought stuff at the launch start banging your heads, the range is limited compared to the launch and the promotions for free posters and free holo grievious with purchases do not apply at Metro. So that's the give-and-take yeah? :)

Stuff we saw include AT-TE, Millennium Falcon, the $49.90 vehicles (eg. Homing Spider Droid, V-19 Torrent Starfighter, V-wing...), Evolution Packs, Clone Wars animated figures, and very limited quantity of Legacy Collection figures. No Battle Packs nor Stormtrooper Muggs though.
Ah......should have left my number with you. So you can chio me.
"The Darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities that some consider to be unnatural.....is it possible to learn those powers? YES, Not from a Jedi..."

Red_5

Post by Red_5 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:59 pm

So anyway, like a re-new old bounty hunter. After missing out on some items at the midnight launch, can't sleep after that hehe.

I too went solo hunting round 2, this morning.....guess what i found.

First stop, 9.45am at Vivio City TRUs. Was the first guy at the doors, waiting for it to open..........

A full shelve of un-touched goodies!! All for me?????

Troopers on display Woot!!!

So i got most of the MIA troopers from last night here and also my clone troopers biker scouts battle pack too. I was literally, the very first customer and buyer to hit this joint.

There were like 6 Hoth, 6 Clone bikers scout battle packs when i got there. (refer to the first picture)

I left the place with :
1 x Clone Biker Recon
1 x Captain Gree
2 x Clone Troopers (Blue, big Guns!!)
2 x Kashyyyk troopers
3 x Scuba Troopers
3 x Evo Troopers
1 x Jango Fett (Mighty Mugs)
Last edited by Red_5 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities that some consider to be unnatural.....is it possible to learn those powers? YES, Not from a Jedi..."

Red_5

Post by Red_5 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:21 am

The next stop, Paragon TRUs.......

When i hit the join almost all battle packs were gone, except 2 packs of Hoth Recon Patrol....bleah!!!

But i was lucky to leave with:

1 x Darth Vader (Mighty Mugs)

Third stop......after asking for the staff to help me inquire about Stormtrooper Might Mugs. He told me there was like 2 left at Fourm TRUs. The scene of the very first carnage, they have RE-STOCKED!!!

Rushed down there as fast as my legs could get me there.......ALAST! They have been wiped out again. lol, so i did not find anything there worth buying.

After lunch at Scotts, i though lest just give Isetan a chance. Fourth stop, Scotts Isetan toys corner.

Guess what i found??? staring right in front of me......

So i left Isetan with:

3 x Clone Troopers (legacy collection)
Last edited by Red_5 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Red_5

Post by Red_5 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:35 am

So end of the day total bounty hunting?

1 x Clone Biker Recon
1 x Captain Gree
2 x Clone Troopers (Blue, big Guns!!)
2 x Kashyyyk troopers
3 x Scuba Troopers
3 x Evo Troopers
3 x Clone Troopers (legacy collection)
1 x Jango Fett (Mighty Mugs)
1 x Darth Vader (Mighty Mugs)
1 x Princess Leia (Mighty Mugs)

Not bad for a day's work yeah?

Return to “Star Wars Toys”