Up and coming 3 3/4 Exclusive Figures

All about the toys from Hasbro, Kenner, Galoob...

Moderators: dranoel, hbng, Valentin

Are exclusive figures just a rip off?

Yes! Drains my $$$ and i am getting none
No votes
Yes! Drains my $$$ but i am getting some
100%
Yes! Drains my $$$ but i am getting all
No votes
No! Exclusive rocks! Gotta catch em all!
No votes

Total votes: 3

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Up and coming 3 3/4 Exclusive Figures

Post by e3lipse » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:04 am

So are we ready to give more $$ to George?

Here is a list compiled on rebelscum

Disney Jedi Micky/Yoda set (UPDATE)(Released)
SSW: Covert Ops Clone trooperSSW: Remote R2-D2
internet: Wedge Antilles (ordering)
KMart: 5pk- Throne Room (released in usa)
KMart: 5pk- Jedi Temple (Anakin, Pilot, 3x 501 troops)released in usa
WalMart: Bail Organa w/ baby Leia
WalMart: Obi-Wan w/ baby Luke
WalMart: Early Bird Set
EE: Rebel Astromech Droids
EE: Imperial Astromech Droids
TRU: Holo Emperor
TRU: Holo Anakin (?)
TRU: Figure carry case w/ Figure (?)
TRU: 5 pk- Hoth Attack- (released in usa)
Target: Stealth Trooper (aka Utaupan Shadow trooper)
Target: 5 pk- Clone Attack (Blue Bacara, 4 grey clones)
Target: Plo Koon fighter (Released?)
Target: Lava Anakin/Obi Wan set
Holiday edition Darth Vader
non exclusive: Rebel Vs Empire Battlepack
non exclusive: GREY/White Clone trooper evolutions
non exclusive: basic figs #57-68

UPDATE added: Sam's club sets:
Mustafar playset w/ 4 repack clones
ARC-170 w/ 4 repack figures
Retooled Target collector case packs- (Released)
Large wing TIE fighter (released) (Target)

Recently released:
Target: Leia, Vader, Stormtrooper w/ respective cups
Disney: Jedi Mickey w/ Yoda
Non exclusive: Jedi VS separtist battlepack (released in usa)
Non exclusive: Sith evolutions released
Non exclusive: YELLOW clone trooper evolutions released

Recenty cancelled:
TRU 3pk Clone trooper army builder sets (Shock, Utapau, 501)
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

e3lipse

Post by e3lipse » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:06 am

Heres a rant from rs forums . Which is soooo true

The exclusive situation this year is getting out of hand, especially when it comes to what Target is getting. Target sucks, and the rest of this year we have to look for all of these there if we want to keep our collections complete:

* Darth Vader/Stormtrooper/Leia cups
* TIE Fighter with large wings
* Clone Battle Pack
* Plo Koon's Starfighter
* Shadow Trooper
* Mustafar Duel Anakin and Obi-Wan

Most of these top almost every other store's exclusives in desirability, not to mention a lot of the regular retail release items. These are on top of Lava Vader, Target Clone Trooper, and 6 previous cups. It's beyond ridiculous at this point. Why is Target getting exclusive rights to all the hottest items, like the new 5-Clone Battle Pack? 5 repainted Clones in a box for $20 or even $25 would be a sell-out item at every store simultaneously. There is no reason to limit this item to just one store.

Here is a litany of my problems with Target exclusives:

* There are no local Targets to me (closest is a 1-hour round trip away) not to mention many other collectors in northeastern-central Pennsylvania and perhaps in other states. There are only 1,300 Targets nationwide, less than either Wal-Mart or Kmart has. KB Toys and Toys "R" Us specialize in toys and together have MORE locations than Target, yet their exclusives combined probably equal only about half what Target is getting.

* There are very few Targets in general in the region compared to Wal-Mart or Kmart. Worse, the stores and shelf space are small in size and customer traffic relative to toy giants like Wal-Mart and TRU, leading to a low quantity of items stocked.

* Target underorders their exclusives nearly all of the time, going all the way back to the 12" Wampas, 12" Speeder Bikes, Tatooine Skiffs, Y-Wings all the way up through the Lava Vaders, Clone Troopers, etc.

* Target radically overprices a lot of their exclusives, e.g., $40 for a TIE Fighter and $12.99 for 5 different single figures in a plastic case. Compare this to Wal-Mart, who ALWAYS charges for exclusives exactly what they would charge if they were non-exclusive items, which is usually lower than the price at every other store. That's called monopoly pricing and is so outrageous, especially on those $12.99 figures, that it justifies a major lawsuit.

* Target often has no shelf space to even put their exclusives out, so sometimes it takes weeks or months before they come out of the stockroom in any quantity. Half the time the items aren't put out until they're clearance-priced. Sounds good until you realize most collectors have already tore their hair out and bought or traded for the items online before that happens.

* In another sign of how badly they run their toy department, the last wave of Star Wars cups would not ring up on their cash registers nationwide for months, and were thusly sold at inconsistent and frequently absurd prices.

* After collectors complained years ago about Target's exclusives, they and Hasbro apparently agreed to offer all of their exclusives concurrently on their store web site. But all of a sudden, this agreement seems to have been conveniently forgotten. No exclusives since the April 2nd releases have shown up at their online store, not the 2nd nor 3rd round of 2005 Target cups, nor the coveted Target Clone Trooper.

* Finally, the store's policies are openly hostile to collectors. About half the time their employees are as well. The other half of the time the employees are barely conscious or literate enough to provide much help. Target's policies don't even make sense. Instead of helping an honest collector who asks for an item from the back by giving them one, they'll put all the items out at once in the morning, making it easy for shiftless, jobless scalpers to buy them all up at once. If the Target corporation hates collectors this much, why order so much project geared towards us? Target is basically a whore and collectors are the johns that Target has by our collective gonads. They despise and disrespect us but they'll play our game if it means they can get us in and out of the door in a hurry so they can make a quick, easy buck.

Why did Hasbro even offer so many exclusives this year when all stores seem willing to order everything Hasbro is selling, often in large quantity? This is a rhetorical question, because I think I can explain. Exclusives used to be a way to distribute items of low mass appeal or high price (like the Sandcrawler, repainted vehicles, etc.). I can see as exclusives the large, off-season TIE Fighter, and likewise TRU's Millennium Falcon, as well as the figures with cups, but that's it. Let's not even talk about the senselessness of making the holographic Emperor an exclusive, a major character, while third-rate characters like Plo Koon and Aayla Secura are having their hologram figures released in every store.

Star Wars exclusives have clearly stopped making sense from the consumer's point-of-view. They are now nothing more but an unethical exchange of toy payola between Hasbro and the retailers. I blame the retailers, and especially Target the most. Hasbro agreed to feed a cold, cruel beast and now it keeps asking for more and more to be satisfied, like a toy-devouring Audrey II. It can't possibly even be helping Hasbro's bottom line anymore to make so many potentially hot-selling items limited exclusives instead. Collectors should rise up and fight whoever we have to for the right to purchase these items easily, in quantity, for a competitive retail price. We're getting screwed.

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:18 am

The Target: 5 pk- Clone Attack (Blue Bacara, 4 grey clones) looks quite worth it .

No Target store any where near by, but never mind, got either ebay, or even better still , Falcon's Hangar ..... PLUS sometimes they deliver late at night PLUS I get to hang out with them over supper.

Of course, living near Chomp Chomp in Serangoon Gardens helps !

Heh heh :lol:

e3lipse

Post by e3lipse » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:26 am

danchia wrote:The Target: 5 pk- Clone Attack (Blue Bacara, 4 grey clones) looks quite worth it .

No Target store any where near by, but never mind, got either ebay, or even better still , Falcon's Hangar ..... PLUS sometimes they deliver late at night PLUS I get to hang out with them over supper.

Of course, living near Chomp Chomp in Serangoon Gardens helps !

Heh heh :lol:
You makan with Roy ?? :O
Cool

Waiting for Bly Gree and 501st basics to come out. Gonna buy 1 bly 2 grees and at least 2 501st :D

Paul K
Site Admin

More clones

Post by Paul K » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:09 am

Yup, I'll be keen to the 501st set when it comes out. I just wish some of the unleashed figures would be more readily available. I still have not gotten my unleashed stormtrooper yet.

Return to “Star Wars Toys”