Welcome to www.starwars.sg

Finally, a website to call our own ! Launched on 15th May 2005 in celebration of the long-awaited release of Star Wars Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith !

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sat May 21, 2005 1:28 pm

Check out the ECHO STATION on the main site www.starwars.sg for the latest update on the record smashing Box Office performance of Star Wars Episode 3 in USA alone. :D

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sun May 22, 2005 6:11 pm

If any of you would like to feature your review of Revenge of the Sith, please write to us over at the main site via the Comlink , and we will be in touch with you.

In the meantime, check out the new review over at :

http://www.starwars.sg/reviews.php

adamteo

Post by adamteo » Sun May 22, 2005 6:33 pm

danchia wrote:If any of you would like to feature your review of Revenge of the Sith, please write to us over at the main site via the Comlink , and we will be in touch with you.

In the meantime, check out the new review over at :

http://www.starwars.sg/reviews.php
well daniel, a review well done...:)

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Mon May 23, 2005 8:44 am

Thanks, Adam, coming from you, I am very honoured indeed by your compliments. :)

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Mon May 23, 2005 8:45 am

Hi everyone !

LATEST NEWS : 23rd May 2005 - Star Wars episode III : Revenge of the Sith has taken in a staggering S$540 million in worldwide box office receipts in its first 5 days, a new record for any film . For the full story, check out the ECHO STATION .

http://www.starwars.sg/echostation.php

danchia
Site Admin

LAUNCHING TODAY : The newly revamped starwars.sg !

Post by danchia » Tue May 24, 2005 3:19 pm

Hi everyone,

Do check out the main website at www.starwars.sg , because we have relaunched it with a brand new look and with more features including search functions and easier navigation system. We needed to do that because the site is continuing to evolve rapidly and we are planning for the future , taking into consideration the feedback that we have received from many of you.

We do hope you like the new look and features .... let us know what you think. Thanks !

The starwars.sg team

danchia
Site Admin

Update 25th May 2005

Post by danchia » Wed May 25, 2005 11:41 am

Do check out the new Star Wars Episode 3 review by lucasdad .

We've had updates to www.starwars.sg daily since the release of Episode 3 , and the site is constantly evolving, so we hope you do drop by , and if you could tell your friends about it, that would be great too !

If you want to write any articles or have your collections featured , do also contact us.

:)

danchia
Site Admin

26th May 2005 UPDATE

Post by danchia » Thu May 26, 2005 3:03 am

Finally, our photo feature on Adam's collection is online !

Check it out !

www.starwars.sg

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Thu May 26, 2005 12:44 pm

Looking good, guys! I had been like waiting for www.starwars.com.sg to "return" for years... :roll:
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Thu May 26, 2005 5:38 pm

GetzJedi wrote:Looking good, guys! I had been like waiting for www.starwars.com.sg to "return" for years... :roll:
Yes, yes, yes.....I'm to be blamed :wink: If not for Daniel, this site wouldn't make either :D

adamteo

Re: 26th May 2005 UPDATE

Post by adamteo » Thu May 26, 2005 9:03 pm

danchia wrote:Finally, our photo feature on Adam's collection is online !

Check it out !

www.starwars.sg

Thanks guys, it was really well done. Seems like my banner was really put to good use....HB, must post our 2 banner bearers

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:17 am

May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:48 am

Welcome to the board, Dr EMH ! Glad to see our Star Trek friends making their way over here . Welcome ! :D

www.starwars.com.sg and www.starwars.sg are local Star Wars fansites set up by Singapore fans to bring a unique Singapore perspective to the worldwide Star Wars community. We spun off from a mailing list sg_starwars@yahoogroups.com originally set up by Adam Teo , and it is nice to have our own home on the internet now.

www.moviemania.com.sg is a local website set up by Reno Tan and the costuming fraternity , many of whom are passionate Star Wars costumers . They do other types of costuming though, including, I would imagine, Star Trek. :wink: We have many newfound friends there, so if you are interested in costuming , do visit their message board. :)

www.theforce.net is not a local website, but there is a strong Singaporean presence at http://boards.theforce.net/Singapore/b10185/ , as you can see . Fanforce Singapore did a cool Star Wars presentation at the Space Month celebration at Tampines Regional Library yesterday ( Well done, y'all !!! ) and we will be reporting on that event later today at main site at www.starwars.sg .

Hope this answers your questions . Hope to hear from you again soon !

Live long and prosper ! :D

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:45 pm

Thank you, danchia, for the kind explanation.
So Adam Teo is the founder of both starwars.sg + starwars.com.sg, right?

(Likewise, we own startrek.com.sg, startrek.sg and startrek.per.sg)

Gee, I didn't know the SW fans at the Tampines Library were from theforce.net Fanforce Singapore, I thought they are from your www.starwars.sg fans. Are the 2 SW fans groups affiliated?

Actually, Tampines Library first approached us (the Star Trek fans) to participate in their Sci-fi Fair. I later gave the Library Reno's contact number to invite the SW fans to come over to the Fair ... I knew Reno from the Malaysian Sci-Fi & Fantasy Forums at http://www.myscififan.com

May the Force be with y'all. :D
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

adamteo

Post by adamteo » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:45 pm

Dr EMH wrote:Thank you, danchia, for the kind explanation.
So Adam Teo is the founder of both starwars.sg + starwars.com.sg, right?

(Likewise, we own startrek.com.sg, startrek.sg and startrek.per.sg)

Gee, I didn't know the SW fans at the Tampines Library were from theforce.net Fanforce Singapore, I thought they are from your www.starwars.sg fans. Are the 2 SW fans groups affiliated?

Actually, Tampines Library first approached us (the Star Trek fans) to participate in their Sci-fi Fair. I later gave the Library Reno's contact number to invite the SW fans to come over to the Fair ... I knew Reno from the Malaysian Sci-Fi & Fantasy Forums at http://www.myscififan.com

May the Force be with y'all. :D
No no, I did not found starwars.com.sg and starwars.sg....just the mailing list Sg_Starwars which later spun into starwars.sg and starwars.com.sg

haha...the 2 websites are maintained by my 2 good frens, Daniel & Hak Beng whom are also pioneer members of Sg_Starwars.

Return to “SG Star Wars : The OTHER SIDE OF THE GALAXY”