Another Old Photo of Sg Starwars

Finally, a website to call our own ! Launched on 15th May 2005 in celebration of the long-awaited release of Star Wars Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith !

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

adamteo

Another Old Photo of Sg Starwars

Post by adamteo » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:04 pm

This pic was taken when we went to watch Ep1 at Great World City at midnite.

The crowd was great!!!

See if u recognise any one...haha..

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:34 pm

Thanks for reviving the memories, Adam :)
We have many lost Jedi and Sith in that photo.

Before Episode I, I remember responding to an online ad (on Pacnet Classifieds?) by some guy (Adam!) inviting Star Wars fans to join a mailing list. I signed up, got onto the eGroups, and got to know the folks of sg_starwars :D

We then became a Yahoo group when they bought over eGroups. The next big chapter of course started in 2005 when we started our StarWars.sg website and forum, and helped out with the Art of Star Wars... And so here we are today :D

erase

Post by erase » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:43 pm

Yeah I see Shawn the chakster... I didn't know he was among the group... so i knew him since then... WOW???!!! :roll:
TD/SL-5125 501st SIN Garrison
MEPD Deployed/327th Star Corps
Let me see your identification...

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:48 pm

Wow ... I looked so young .... and so ... thin .

Don't know if I should feel nostalgic, or depressed. Hahahaha

Anyway, thanks for sharing that, Adam . Any chance you can make the high resolution version available ? :)

adamteo

Post by adamteo » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:54 pm

danchia wrote:Wow ... I looked so young .... and so ... thin .

Anyway, thanks for sharing that, Adam . Any chance you can make the high resolution version available ? :)
i know i have the high res...need to search a bit...

:)

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:01 pm

Cool, thanks :)

I still remember that night well . I even remember which seat that I was in .... H08 in Hall 1, GV Grand. Adam, you sat right at the back, I believe :)

All of us were so young then, most of us literally met for the first time that night, and it's nice to know that 8 years on, some of us are still keeping in touch this way. :)

May the Force be with you all ..... :D

adamteo

Post by adamteo » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:16 pm

danchia wrote:Cool, thanks :)

I still remember that night well . I even remember which seat that I was in .... H08 in Hall 1, GV Grand. Adam, you sat right at the back, I believe :)

All of us were so young then, most of us literally met for the first time that night, and it's nice to know that 8 years on, some of us are still keeping in touch this way. :)

May the Force be with you all ..... :D
yes, we were at the back as we got the online tickets first..hahha...

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:26 pm

Man, I was in Thailand when EP1 hit. We've lost a lot of folks from then.
Paul Khoo

Site Administrator

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:12 pm

I have moved this topic to our SG Star Wars section.

Some of our missing friends in the photo (a few are registered here, but have not posted for ages): Kenneth, Rahmat, Wai Khim, Francis, Hock Boon, Austin, Stanley, Ben, Shawn, Kenny, Rory...

erase

Post by erase » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:46 pm

I want... send to me ...pls... Thanks.. :)
adamteo wrote:
danchia wrote:Wow ... I looked so young .... and so ... thin .

i know i have the high res...need to search a bit...

:)
TD/SL-5125 501st SIN Garrison
MEPD Deployed/327th Star Corps
Let me see your identification...

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:44 am

Heeheee....you sure it's Ep1 and not Ep II? I see someone wearing the Jango Fett T-Shirt (now who was it on the ML who helped me find another piece at PS Bosini? :wink: )
Dranoel wrote:Some of our missing friends in the photo (a few are registered here, but have not posted for ages): Kenneth, Rahmat, Wai Khim, Francis, Hock Boon, Austin, Stanley, Ben, Shawn, Kenny, Rory...
Ya, long time not see some them tho' seriously before this forum arises and I joined the ML, only met Rahmat, Leonard and Ben before, and got in contact with Shawn for Costuming purposes. :wink: As for Rory, met him almost everyday at the SW Exhibition last time. :P

Now I wonder if I should post that photo of Leonard and also of Rahmat from 1999.....

See Leonard running after me with a Lightsabre :shock:

Maybe not! :lol:

adamteo

Post by adamteo » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:48 pm

Haldir wrote:Heeheee....you sure it's Ep1 and not Ep II? I see someone wearing the Jango Fett T-Shirt (now who was it on the ML who helped me find another piece at PS Bosini? :wink: )
Dranoel wrote:Some of our missing friends in the photo (a few are registered here, but have not posted for ages): Kenneth, Rahmat, Wai Khim, Francis, Hock Boon, Austin, Stanley, Ben, Shawn, Kenny, Rory...
Ya, long time not see some them tho' seriously before this forum arises and I joined the ML, only met Rahmat, Leonard and Ben before, and got in contact with Shawn for Costuming purposes. :wink: As for Rory, met him almost everyday at the SW Exhibition last time. :P

Now I wonder if I should post that photo of Leonard and also of Rahmat from 1999.....

See Leonard running after me with a Lightsabre :shock:

Maybe not! :lol:
post post!!!!

let's show all our old photos.

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:26 pm

Haahaaa!!!! He'll kill me. He'll kill me. :lol: I also don't want to remember my costumes from that year. :P

Okay, once I get a scanner, will post the photos over at my website and here as part of "Past Costuming Experiences". Sadly, Tripod.Com had delated them and my new Notebook dun have a copy of it. :oops:

Jedi Chard

Post by Jedi Chard » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:56 pm

Spotted Rory...

...and Rahmat last Sunday at CSC. I was wearing our forum's shirt and Rory mentioned the fun early days of the current forum during the yahoo group era.

Chard

Red_5

Post by Red_5 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:10 pm

OMG! lol, i did not realized it has been so long since i was active in this forum again.

To all my long lost bro, sisters and comrades! May the force still be with you all always................hehe.

PS: me the "boy" by the extreme left corner with the lightsaber. Ben is my name.
:D
"The Darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities that some consider to be unnatural.....is it possible to learn those powers? YES, Not from a Jedi..."

Return to “SG Star Wars : The OTHER SIDE OF THE GALAXY”