My Vintage Star Wars Collection

Showcase your Star Wars Collections here .

Moderators: dranoel, hbng

redstar19

Post by redstar19 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:30 am

The SITH OverLORD wrote:
vintage_sw wrote:The Luke Skywalker Dagobah coin is 1 in which I have yet to get, but would get it one of these day :D

Perhaps this picture here will MOTIVATE you to ADD this Category V Luke Skywalker - Dagobah COIN to your Vintage Star Wars Coin collection SOONER than you think. :D :lol:

hello my pal, so you have been here long ago!

why is this saber super long to me? looks a bit different!

redstar19

Post by redstar19 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:37 am

Hello The SITH OverLORD, i read at rebelscum that you have completed the coin collection.

and now our vintage_sw is busy getting more coins. to complete his collection, he is going get them ALL! :D

Coins collector aim! 2 full set here back and fro. Proudly frame and hang on the wall. The selling price for the frame around (for a set of coin is USD350, saw it on ebay not long ago, guess this cost more)

redstar19

Post by redstar19 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:40 am

vintage-sw. hope you like this :lol:

my desktop display(occupy my full 15 inch screen, this picture is large)! where I know I am not going to have this, it is the closest I can get. 8) it was sold as a lot on ebay..can't remember the price.

redstar19

Post by redstar19 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:43 am

more info for coin collectors.

The Comprehensive Guide to POTF, Droids, and Ewoks Coins
By Gus Lopez

http://www.toysrgus.com/images-coins/coin-chart.html

Commander_Salji

Post by Commander_Salji » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:13 pm

redstar19 wrote:hello my pal, so you have been here long ago!
Yes my good friend since 14 October 2005, exactly 1 Year and 10 Days ago. :wink: I see that you have been here since 18 September 2006 thanks to vintage_sw who has been here longer than either of us. A belated welcome aboard to www.starwars.sg forums from me to you. :)

Why is this saber super long to me? looks a bit different!
Elementary, my Vintage Star Wars collecting padawan, elementary. :lol:

Firstly, this is a REAL
Blue Plastic Lightsaber and NOT a REPRO.

Secondly, I borrowed the
Blue Lightsaber from its ACTUAL owner here :

My Vintage Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight Outfit) - EARLY PALITOY Variant with
BLUE Lightsaber, SNAP Button Cape, Unique PALITOY Grey Laser Pistol and with FLESH Moulded Head / Caramel Brown Painted Hair.

History of Luke's BLUE Plastic Moulded Lightsaber :

BLUE Lightsabers were ACTUALLY packaged together with the EARLY Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight Outfit) Action Figures on ROTJ 65 Back Cards. Kenner made the Lightsaber Blue based on the VERY EARLY trailers of ROTJ where Luke is seen weilding a BLUE Lightsaber during the Tatooine Skiff Battle. When ROTJ was subsequently released LucasFilm have changed the color to GREEN, where Kenner is obliged to follow suit and changed ALL the Lightsabers to GREEN starting from ROTJ 77, 79 and POTF 92 Back Jedi Lukes.

The Lightsaber appears to be "long" but is it ACTUALLY the SAME lenght (well almost) with your
Blond Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues) figure here :

or the
Yellow Lightsaber held by my Brown/Mustard hair Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues), shown here dueling with Darth Vader :twisted:

FYI, redstar19, ALL Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues) from TESB 31 Back up to ROTJ 77/79 Backs were packaged with YELLOW Lightsabers and NEVER with the CORRECT BLUE Lightsabers as seen in the movies. - Go figure, Kenner!
TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870
Outpost Founding Member and CO Emeritus

Commander_Salji

Post by Commander_Salji » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:20 pm

redstar19 wrote:Hello The SITH OverLORD, i read at rebelscum that you have completed the coin collection.
You are a resourceful and clever man, redstar19. :D
and now our vintage_sw is busy getting more coins. to complete his collection, he is going get them ALL! :D
Yes, I'm waiting for him to share the GOOD NEWS with us when he has COMPLETED his Vintage POTF Coin collection. I see that you have STARTED collecting these HIGHLY ADDICTIVE :twisted: Vintage POTF Coins yourself. Not bad for a beginner, 6 of the Category I Coins, but the prices won't be soo nice when you move up the ladder from Category I to II. In my case, I have but one more level to ascend to that is Category VI - RARE Prototype Coins that were NEVER PRODUCED or made available to the General Public before. :shock:
TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870

vintage_sw

Post by vintage_sw » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:46 am

1 more coin coming to me soon :lol:

redstar19

Post by redstar19 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:02 am

it is out of my means to collect the full vintage coin.... will just get a couple i like when the chances are presented to me :lol:

will use the money on MOC. It is like spending USD 200-250 for just one Category V coins, which can get me 4-5 ROTJ MOC!!

yes, I have received the 6 coins and they are lightweight, not even more than 5g!!! 2g?? (compared to the new coins as mentioned in the earlier post).

when my younger brother saw it and I explained to him on the different Cat and price. he just mention " Why don't you reproduced them in China?"

this is possible! they can be easily be reproduced. vintage collectors what do you think of this?

redstar19

Post by redstar19 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:05 am

vintage_sw wrote:1 more coin coming to me soon :lol:

so which coin is it!

for your reference.

won by kjdtoys Boba Fett Cat IV coin
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

tusken raider V coin .....

Commander_Salji

Post by Commander_Salji » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:47 am

redstar19 wrote:when my younger brother saw it and I explained to him on the different Cat and price. he just mention " Why don't you reproduced them in China?"

this is possible! they can be easily be reproduced. vintage collectors what do you think of this?
Redstar19, then go and ask your younger brother to EXPLAIN in SPECIFIC DETAIL on HOW this CAN be DONE , WHO in CHINA is WILLING TO DO it and at WHAT COST. Thereafter, please share with us here as we are more interested in the FACTS itself rather than fanciful and wishful thinking.

Your younger bro is employed in Singapore Central Bank's coin minting department? :wink:
TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870

redstar19

Post by redstar19 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:45 am

to reproduce vintage stuff will be a nightmare for collectors. If that is the case, it would be easier to have the early bird cert reproduce or any carded items, to satisfy those who cannot afford it and the demand for it.

example the original early bird display stand.

there are coin manufacturer in both China and Taiwan, we have contacted them. just give them the sample and the can provide the product. everything can be reproduced in China :lol:

just like the MOC Droid Vlix, it looks better than the original. pictures coming up.

I would be interested to know how much it will cost, the quantity needed to produce and the lead time. of course they need sample to refer to.

my brother is in RBS(Royal Bank of Scotland) in Singapore. he is not a star wars collector..... :?

vintage_sw

Post by vintage_sw » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:01 am

1 more coin in :P

redstar19

Post by redstar19 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:51 pm

nice cat II coin.

congrats.. moving closer to the complete set.. :lol:

I agree that this is a highly addictive collection, once you have a few coins, you would want to go for ALL... and so far I am able to resist the dark side, and the strong temptation.. :lol: reason-----due to lack of money.... :oops:

Finally announcing my area of focus in star wars collection...accidentally and by accident, it can be a proud collection.

1. B-Wing fighter Pilot (vintage)

pictures coming up.

vintage_sw

Post by vintage_sw » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:28 am

Just gotten in a Trilogo Han Solo (Big Head) MOC :)

redstar19

Post by redstar19 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:08 am

congrats my friend...this is a great piece to add to your current collection.

a clear bubble and almost perfect card. well done!

Return to “Your Star Wars collections”