My Star Wars Collection

Showcase your Star Wars Collections here .

Moderators: dranoel, hbng

stronghold

My Star Wars Collection

Post by stronghold » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:18 am

Hi all,

this is the first time i have come across this site. Have been collecting SW collectibles since the early 90s, but have not been in contact with the star wars forums as much i would love to cos of work and family committments.

I collect mainly every 12" releases from Vintage, Kenner, Hasbro to Sideshow, Gentle Giant Busts, Code 3, and Master Replicas. Here's sharing with you my collection.

The rest are since here : http://community.webshots.com/user/anirbas1212

I am also a huge fan of Ultraman and Kamen Riders.

Thanks for looking..

Cheers lawrence[/img]

bearbearfury

Post by bearbearfury » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:20 pm

Cool!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wish that I have a big house like u! :cry:

Joey&R2D2

Post by Joey&R2D2 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:39 pm

Impressive :P :D :)

stronghold

Post by stronghold » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:24 pm

Guys thanks for the compliments. Been busy since my last posting. My wife jus delivered our 3rd child. :o) anyway, glad to have found my way here...

Joey&R2D2

Post by Joey&R2D2 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:15 pm

Stronghold
BIG Congrats to you!
Cheers! :D :P :)

Ong

Post by Ong » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:05 pm

superb..where you buy your collection? internet?

stronghold

Post by stronghold » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:22 am

Have been collecting for a while so it is accumulative.. looks alot but if u stretch it over 15 years.. ok lah.. there are more hardcore guys out there. Anyway, i am trying to complete the MR and Gentle Giant series.. but i think it is going to be hard to achieve that. Since the sabers have dwindled down and i am down to my last few sabers, i have started my 1:1 helmet search...

anyone have any to let go? i have Boba fett (SE), Vader (SE), Stormtrooper, 501st Weathered, Ep3 Clone.. looking for a good price for Gree and Shadow Stormie..

Any other MR, Gentle Giant or efx collectors out there?

Efx is not going to be cheap.. dunno whether to start on it.. so far only thinking of getting the concept vader helmet.. as the lightsaber releases from the Expanded Universe.. I dun think i will buy that. The only one i bought so far that is no within the 6 movies is Mara Jade Signature.. which is quite alright in price for a signatory edotion of 750.

What are the thoughts on ground level?

stronghold

Post by stronghold » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:27 am

My most valuable collection..

A new addition to the gang.. my wife jus gave birth to a baby girl.. two days old :o)

Red_5

Post by Red_5 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:11 am

Congratz to you bro!!
"The Darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities that some consider to be unnatural.....is it possible to learn those powers? YES, Not from a Jedi..."

Joey&R2D2

Post by Joey&R2D2 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:42 pm

oH WOW... your kids are lovely!
:D :wink: :P

stronghold

Post by stronghold » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:37 am

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/10/ ... 92621l.jpg

my latest addition MR Mace Windu's Signature ATOC Lightsaber (Samual L Jackson)

Jus to share with the community of MR collectors
Last edited by stronghold on Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stronghold

Post by stronghold » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:45 pm

Got time to surf a little on the net while overseas.. :o) no time at all whenever i am in singapore cos got 3 kids to managed.

I am really into MR lightsabers and their stuff.. but with that kind of licencing fees they have to pay to lucas etc.. it is simply hard to sustain biz with low volume, high production costs, low margin cos of numerous exchanges, etc. Hard to sustain business model. So i am appreciative of the availability to get hold of such collectibles from MR.. if not have to resort to custom products which to me is of no value at all.

With efx taking over.. seriously, i dun think the company can last long. The team jus wanted to continue where MR left off. Even gentle giant and sideshow.. i am sure they are bleeding badly too. Jus that they have wider range of products to sell... and their material costs are much cheaper than what MR and EFX is buying to fabricate their product line.

Have been collecting starwars since 1989. Went into vintage, carded stuff, 12' etc.. i wished i had collected MR earlier cos i really can see myself keeping them till i grow into my 50s. Sold all my vintage carded cos to me, they are overpriced and hard to maintain due to our humid env.

As of now besides my ultraman and kamen rider (jap collection), for star wars, i have every single 12' dolls produced from vintage, kenner, hasbro and sideshow.. loved them very much.. i am collecting the following line

1. Master Replicas (trying to complete)
- Scaled Helmets, Scaled Sabers (only missing shocktrooper)
- 1:1 helmets (have SE Vader, SE Boba, Stormtrooper, EP3 Clone, EP3 501st weathered Clone)
- Vehicles (have Y wing, ATAT SE, Snowspeeder)
- Lightsabers (only missing maul's damaged lightsaber and EE ROTJ luke which i am not getting cos not movie accurate and too ex haha)

2. Gentle Giant Busts (trying very hard to complete.. mind is willing but not the pocket!)

3. EFX
- ATOC Clone Helmet
- dunno whether to collect their sabers cos no acrylic case and not as stylish as MR.. :o( so spending my dough to complete MR.. at least i can see an ending for that range)

4. Code 3
- have the Falcon, X Wing, Tie Fighter, ATST and slave one
- 3D posters !! nice man!
- another very nice range to collect, glad i have bought them cos the quality and weight is as good as MR)

5. ICONS
haha.. closed down liao.. but i have all three Vader, Luke and Kenobi sabers (MR is better than theirs)

6. Medicom Kubricks (trying hard to complete but not pursuing the rare ones cos of the ridiculous pricing!!)

7. Sideshow
- besides collecting 12', i picked up the Vader, kenobi, boba, luke, han and maul PF statues.. damned nice to ignore haha.. looking for leia with white gown)

8. Kotobukiya
- sold quite a few cos needed space. only have the following
- mc quarrie vader / luke in which i really like the original concept,
- bounty hunter 6 member team with vader parts inclusive, lugged the whole set from my recent holiday trip to tokyo haha very nice set to have but no space!!! nice sculpt but a little ex..
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Ne ... 113881.asp
- troopers from the prequel.. trying to sell off my ATOC clone)

I jus got myself a digital SLR.. will try to find time to take nice pics to share with you all...

Return to “Your Star Wars collections”