Ideas for Display

Showcase your Star Wars Collections here .

Moderators: dranoel, hbng

Gandalf Fett

Ideas for Display

Post by Gandalf Fett » Tue May 24, 2005 2:02 pm

Hey all

I recently managed to free up a room to keep my toys. Currently, they are all over the place in boxes, in cupboards, under the table, in plastic bags and such other disorganised places all over the house and frankly is getting a little messy and unmanaged.

So anyway, I managed to convince my family to give up one room for me to cater to my hobby, a small little room which will start off bare, so my question is:

What or how do you guys keep / store / display all of your collections? Any ideas on what I should do with my stuff and the room that I managed to free-up? Any places that you would recommend that I look into to get some good ideas on how I should go about getting this room nicely done up? Normal decor magazines ain't gonna help. That much I know.

Please help.
Warning - viewer discretion advised

kank_39

Post by kank_39 » Tue May 24, 2005 2:10 pm

Try visiting Ikea for a day. They have a few decent looking glass display shelves. Alternatively, you can hire someone to customise your shelves for you. Lighting is pretty important if you wanna impress others. Personally i prefer those bulb lamps to flouroscent ones.

[EDIT] One more thing, we might wanna find those acrylic step display stands for your loose stuff. They can be customised by most plastic suppliers. I'll be looking into one soon. ;)

adamteo

Post by adamteo » Tue May 24, 2005 2:26 pm

U can just stick them on the walls like what i did..

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Tue May 24, 2005 2:37 pm

the problem with Ikea is that while it's great for like one or two glass display case, it doent really address the loads of other boxes and stuff that I don't open and would also like to display.

Adam - when you stick it on walls - err... do you mean like blue tac on the cards or in star boxes?

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Tue May 24, 2005 3:24 pm

adamteo wrote:U can just stick them on the walls like what i did..

Hak Beng, we've got to work on the section featuring Adam's collection and get it up on the main site ASAP.

Gandalf ..... hang in there, bud ..... just wait till you see the pictures of Adam's displays..... we'll get it up on the website very soon ! :D

daniel

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Tue May 24, 2005 3:48 pm

Daniel

What do you do with your collection?

kank_39

Post by kank_39 » Tue May 24, 2005 3:52 pm

Here's a pretty old photo of my room (before i gave up on modern stuff)for you to visualise what's it like to have figures stuck to the wall.

As for boxes, i suggest to just stack them up according to the line from which they originate from.

Try the 3M mini hooks for holding the figures in place.

Anyway blue tag is a big NO-NO. Tried and failed by yours truly. It leaves stain on the wall and cardback. Plus, it will tend to deform over time and before you know it, you stuff will start falling off the wall.

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Tue May 24, 2005 4:52 pm

danchia wrote:......Hak Beng, we've got to work on the section featuring Adam's collection and get it up on the main site ASAP.......
daniel
Yes, my master * in a monotonous tone * :twisted:

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Tue May 24, 2005 5:04 pm

Gandalf Fett wrote:Daniel

What do you do with your collection?

Urgh , you really don't want to know, Ben . Everything is in plastic boxes stacked one on of top each other . I don't really know what I have.... still waiting for Don and Hak Beng to help me catalogue it . I doubt that I have anything of real value, because I wasn't really discerning in what I bought. Really regretted buying so much rubbish.

Hope like you that I can find some time to look through what I have, and I plan on keeping only those things that I really like.

One day..... :wink:

donleow

Post by donleow » Tue May 24, 2005 10:21 pm

i think we better come up with an official checklist and Hak Beng remember to prepare the lorry as we discussed..Dan just pass the house key to us and we will take care of the rest and we make sure we make ur place "clean" :lol: just kidding...ha

too bad our darkside :twisted: mission to adam's lovely place fail and we didnt got any of his collection out, the window grill are just plain too small.. :lol: for the blister pack to squeeze out.

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Tue May 24, 2005 10:31 pm

donleow wrote:......we make sure we make ur place "clean" :lol: just kidding...ha
You mean, you mean, all these while you were kidding :roll: :twisted:
donleow wrote:....too bad our darkside :twisted: mission to adam's lovely place fail and we didnt got any of his collection out, .....
Don, are you sure we didn't get anything :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :roll:

.....I think I can hear Adam's growl...... :D

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Tue May 24, 2005 10:33 pm

donleow wrote: too bad our darkside :twisted: mission to adam's lovely place fail and we didnt got any of his collection out, the window grill are just plain too small.. :lol: for the blister pack to squeeze out.

I didn't fail ..... heh heh :wink:

danchia
Site Admin

Re: Ideas for Display

Post by danchia » Thu May 26, 2005 3:00 am

Gandalf Fett wrote:Hey all

What or how do you guys keep / store / display all of your collections? Any ideas on what I should do with my stuff and the room that I managed to free-up? Any places that you would recommend that I look into to get some good ideas on how I should go about getting this room nicely done up? Normal decor magazines ain't gonna help. That much I know.

Please help.

Hi Gandalf !!!

OK, just for you..... check out our Hall Of Records feature on Adam Teo's collection . You might get some ideas there. :wink:

www.starwars.sg

Enjoy !

daniel

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:16 pm

adam wat did u use to peg to the wall?

maybe can pm me on sgcollect :)
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

adamteo

Post by adamteo » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:12 am

e3lipse wrote:adam wat did u use to peg to the wall?

maybe can pm me on sgcollect :)
me used the 3M hooks, small and cheap...

Return to “Your Star Wars collections”