Who is your worst SW actor/actress?

For discussions about everything Star Wars that's not related to just one particular film....

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

Who is your worst SW actor/actress?

Post by 2501 » Wed May 18, 2005 8:10 pm

that my friend, has to be miss portman and our kid O vader and vader in teens and jar jar boom and ...argh shit! too many to list.

hbng
Site Admin

Re: Who is your worst SW actor/actress?

Post by hbng » Wed May 18, 2005 11:22 pm

2501 wrote:that my friend, has to be miss portman ....
I've been told that in certain scenes, she was told to do it, which made it very unnatural for her.....

Should check out "Closer".....think she's fantastic. Then again, my views are always biased when it comes to Natalie Portman :wink:

Lord_Angelus

Post by Lord_Angelus » Thu May 19, 2005 12:05 am

portman is a suckle actress in there

jedi kai

Post by jedi kai » Fri May 20, 2005 2:45 am

Lucas tried to bring a 60's style romance to Anakin & Padme... gamble didn't pay off... :cry:

Worst in my case has to be Samuel L Jackson. He didn't bring any original character to his role. Literally a "Negotiator" style acting which I feel has failed to bring out the true character of Mace Windu.

sanjaystones

Post by sanjaystones » Fri May 20, 2005 8:36 am

My worst would definitely be Jake Lloyd in TPM.

As for Samuel L Jackson, the 3 movies could have done without his character. Lucas probably only created his character because Samuel went on air and begged Lucas to put him in a Star Wars movie. I wonder what would have happened if Arnold Scharwzenegger begged too....
"Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?"

jedi kai

Post by jedi kai » Sat May 21, 2005 12:47 am

sanjaystones wrote:My worst would definitely be Jake Lloyd in TPM.

As for Samuel L Jackson, the 3 movies could have done without his character. Lucas probably only created his character because Samuel went on air and begged Lucas to put him in a Star Wars movie. I wonder what would have happened if Arnold Scharwzenegger begged too....
As Master Arnord about to strike Palpatine, he gives a hard look and says ... "Hasta las vista Baby"

Post by 2501 » Sat May 21, 2005 4:30 am

I wonder what would have happened if Arnold Scharwzenegger begged too....
GHET DOOOOUWN! THERRE'S A BORMB!

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Sat May 21, 2005 6:40 am

jedi kai wrote:

As Master Arnord about to strike Palpatine, he gives a hard look and says ... "Hasta las vista Baby"
How about, Darth Arnold in his mask saying - "I'll be back" :wink:

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sat May 21, 2005 10:41 am

I suspect the role of Mace Windu was created for political correctness , it was the obligatory African American role.

In 1977 , George Lucas was severely criticized for not having granted any African American a role in Star War : A New Hope . The critics were silenced with the casting of Billy Dee Williams as Lando Calrissian in Empire Strikes Back , but this was a role which many believe to be an obligatory one.

As for bad performances, I think Natalie Portman's performance in EP3 was surprisingly bad , taking into account her filmography . Check out the scene where she burst into tears, burying her face in her hand ...... I've seen countless performances of this quality in amateur school plays. Truly horrendous and surprisingly bad from an actress of her calibre....

jedi kai

Post by jedi kai » Sun May 22, 2005 12:57 am

hbng wrote: How about, Darth Arnold in his mask saying - "I'll be back" :wink:
:lol: and as he walks away, the Terminator soundtrack opening starts ...

jedi kai

Post by jedi kai » Sun May 22, 2005 1:01 am

danchia wrote: As for bad performances, I think Natalie Portman's performance in EP3 was surprisingly bad , taking into account her filmography . Check out the scene where she burst into tears, burying her face in her hand ...... I've seen countless performances of this quality in amateur school plays. Truly horrendous and surprisingly bad from an actress of her calibre....
The was almost non existent in the movie.... think she should have carried a greater role in EPIII cos she is the sole reason and purpose that Anakin fought so hard. The emotional impact was just not strong enough..

freefly

Post by freefly » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:09 pm

C-3PO in AOTC. All his jokes there never quite rub off well on me eg. "Oh this is such a drag", "I'm quite beside myself"
Release the Good!

Sraye

Post by Sraye » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:20 pm

"This is such a drag." R2 was dragging his head. "I'm quite beside myself." R2 had dragged him next to his body... so well, just have to look at the jokes in context of the situation. The actor of C3PO isn't bad, it's just the lines(which you-know-who wrote) that are...
"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last we will have revenge."-Darth Maul
"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... And we will have peace..."-Darth Sidious
"If you are not with me, you are my enemy."-Darth Vader

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:35 pm

Actually, I thought switching C3PO's head with a Battle Droid's and vice versa was absolutely hilarious , and his lines when this happened were really funny .

Well, at least they were more tolerable than any lines uttered by Anakin to Padme any way ...... those were really cringeworthy. >shudder<

Sraye

Post by Sraye » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:08 pm

I agree, the Anakin and Padme lines were... ugh! C3PO in Episode II was still funny, but I missed whatever humour there was in C3PO's lines in Episode III(if humour was intended)... I mean I don't get why some people are laughing when C3PO says "I feel so helpless".
"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last we will have revenge."-Darth Maul
"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... And we will have peace..."-Darth Sidious
"If you are not with me, you are my enemy."-Darth Vader

Return to “Everything Star Wars”