Who is your worst SW actor/actress?

For discussions about everything Star Wars that's not related to just one particular film....

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

Sraye

Post by Sraye » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:09 pm

Oh, just wondering, why did they have to erase C3PO's memory? (don't give me the "it's to link the OT with the PT" reason)
"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last we will have revenge."-Darth Maul
"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... And we will have peace..."-Darth Sidious
"If you are not with me, you are my enemy."-Darth Vader

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:51 am

Sraye wrote:I agree, the Anakin and Padme lines were... ugh! C3PO in Episode II was still funny, but I missed whatever humour there was in C3PO's lines in Episode III(if humour was intended)... I mean I don't get why some people are laughing when C3PO says "I feel so helpless".

That's exactly why that spoken line by C3PO is classic humour:
"I FEEL so helpless"

DRIODS are machines. Machines do not have emotions. Without emotions, one cannot FEEL.

Even Data, the android in Star Trek recognised this shortcoming.

Voila et Touché
:wink: :wink: :wink:
Last edited by masterjamous on Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:07 am

Sraye wrote:Oh, just wondering, why did they have to erase C3PO's memory? (don't give me the "it's to link the OT with the PT" reason)
It Talks Too Much. Always indiscreet.
Solution? Seal it's circuits!! Clean Wipe-Out!

Sraye, this excerpt from the BOOK:

"I'm placing these droids in your care," the Senator said.
"Have them cleaned, polished, and refitted with the best of everything; they will belong to my new daughter."
"How lovely!" C-3PO exclaimed. "His daughter is the child of Master Anakin and Senator Amidala," he explained to R2-D2. "I can hardly wait to tell her all about her parents! I'm sure she will be very proud --"

"Oh, and the protocol droid?" Senator Organa said THOUGHTFULLY. "Have its mind wiped."
The Captain saluted.
"Oh," said C-3PO. "Oh, dear"
ImageImageImage

Sraye

Post by Sraye » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:32 am

Well... in Episode IV, we hear C3PO saying "I'm just an interpreter and not very good at telling stories." So he became a bad story teller after getting his memory erased... Ok, and I think I am beginning to see the humour in "I feel so helpless." I kind of forgotten he's a droid... lol.
"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last we will have revenge."-Darth Maul
"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... And we will have peace..."-Darth Sidious
"If you are not with me, you are my enemy."-Darth Vader

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:16 am

Sraye wrote:Well... in Episode IV, we hear C3PO saying "I'm just an interpreter and not very good at telling stories." So he became a bad story teller after getting his memory erased... Ok, and I think I am beginning to see the humour in "I feel so helpless." I kind of forgotten he's a droid... lol.

That's why I like Star Wars.
It's ability to achieve such a great level of sustained believability for the audience is amazing. The story naturalized & humanized all things seamlessly so much so we forget harsh reality for a moment until a line like that throws one over to their embarassed realization and then to laugh at one's foolishness of blind acceptance upon that realization.
Another example is Boba Fett. Alot of people adore this character. He's just so cool, suave and efficient in his gear & tricks. But really, he's absolutely a cold-hearted, self-serving hunter-killer; available for hire to the highest bidder.
That's the Magic & power of Star Wars!!
Kudos to George; he definitely earned his film/story-maker role with many returns to show.
ImageImageImage

DarthNobody

the worst..?

Post by DarthNobody » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:24 pm

okies dokies...worst...portman yes yes she was good in AOTC oh dear...i'm afraid she lost it in ROTS...just so *i'm only acting* attitude...christensen in AOTC yes he has improved alot i must say but...i still cannot forgive him 4 spoilling AOTC with tat "pretty boy" thing...and the kissing -10 stars...not real...if there is any more i will say but these are the worst so far :evil:
stArwaRs mAkes thE wOrld gO wiLd...

Return to “Everything Star Wars”