True 3d image technology- holographic reality is near

For discussions about everything Star Wars that's not related to just one particular film....

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

donleow

True 3d image technology- holographic reality is near

Post by donleow » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:41 pm

Just came across this article which i like to share with all of u..on some groundbreaking technology that may even make real world lightsabers and holographic commlink a reality...

the technology was developed by AIST stands for National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology which is japan based research facilities...

Current living space within our eyes can see is 3D and all the things which exist therein are also in the form of 3D objects. There have been a lot of research and discussion both holographic and 3D-images on the Internet, but we hardly ever see "real 3D-images" reproduced from without factoring in constraint like visual field; large equipment, high density laser projection and etc...

as mentioned in AIST research work...the scientist noticed that when laser beams are strongly focused, air plasma emission can be induced only near the focal point. Thereby, they succeeded in the experimental fabrication of a device displaying 2D-images in the air, which are constructed from dot arrays produced using a technique combining a laser light source and galvanometric mirrors. Especially true if this technology has commercial potential which one day ur existing lightsaber will emit a true ray of 3D light rather than a florusecent tube...or even communicate to another person in full size of holographic format just like all the holographic scene we seen in starwars..

full article can be read here

http://www.aist.go.jp/aist_e/latest_res ... 60210.html

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:36 pm

hm, not much different from the 3D images created by laser beams during the National Day Parade celebration leh ... :roll:
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:38 pm

Don't know how true is what's shown in the following website. If its the real deal then we're already there.

3DH Technology

Oh BTW real Lightsaber has nothing to do with holograph technology. Some idea of how a lightsaber blade is created can be found HERE. Read 2nd post on page 1, and 2nd last post on page 4.

donleow

Post by donleow » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:19 am

Dr EMH wrote:hm, not much different from the 3D images created by laser beams during the National Day Parade celebration leh ... :roll:

I will say there is is still vast difference as such that it might be the same theory for laser beaming but requires a large mechanism probably the size of 41inch plasma tv to project the beam as u mentioned and also laser beam is harmful lightsource especially to our eyes and skin but what u see here is that is that u don; see a beaming but virtually the light source is not block or constraint like beam ...if u use a laser pointer and u block it with ur hand the light source stop where it is...but the above mentioned technology is not restricted by any physical object meaning if i put my hand thru the ray of light, it simply will not distort the entire image and i think this is promising from a physic standpoint that our future light saber toy will be able to project beam like cold light and produce the effect like we see in starwars..imagine less then 50mA and u can produce a bright light source...i m definitely supportive that japanese will apply these on their toys.

donleow

Post by donleow » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:22 am

Plo Strax-Avix wrote:Oh BTW real Lightsaber has nothing to do with holograph technology. .
doubt we have the capability to utilise minerals to generate beam which can be lethal and is meant only for industry usage...imagine u cut off ur spouse head when u received this light saber and on it accidentally at his/her face...only known technology is using diamond to generate intensify heat source and concentration beam that will cut thru hard alloys and also laser surgery...but this day will yet to come.

SoloFalcon

Post by SoloFalcon » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:32 pm

So farniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii accidentally cut of wife's head.
Almost as farni as my platoon mate whom M16 IA... he whacked the M16 a few times, then he pointed the barrel at his eye to look inside. As his itchy finger was about to pull the tigger... I pulled his M16 away from his face and everyone. Lucky for him, the bullet completely jammed. If not, I won't be here writing this.
donleow wrote:
Plo Strax-Avix wrote:Oh BTW real Lightsaber has nothing to do with holograph technology. .
doubt we have the capability to utilise minerals to generate beam which can be lethal and is meant only for industry usage...imagine u cut off ur spouse head when u received this light saber and on it accidentally at his/her face...only known technology is using diamond to generate intensify heat source and concentration beam that will cut thru hard alloys and also laser surgery...but this day will yet to come.
Trust me princess~

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:17 pm

Inetersting stuff! I can soon make a sith holocron! yay!

lanman

Post by lanman » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:08 am

cool :)
Welcome to the dark Side

Return to “Everything Star Wars”