list what you dislike about the special editions

For discussions about everything Star Wars that's not related to just one particular film....

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:19 pm

Commander Faie wrote:young anakin replacing the previous actor. that part is a bit wacky coz anakin look as young as luke, and why not obi-wan? can't obi wan look that young too? and where's our qui-gon, isn't he the one with the force too?
i was thinking along that line too since he was the one who firmly believed anakin was the one who would bring balance to the force...

they should have him as jedi spirit in ep 3 talking to yoda...

freefly

Post by freefly » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:43 pm

i believe qui-gon is not powerful enough to appear as a coporeal spirit. unlike obi-wan & yoda who both shed their 'bodily' form & transformed immediately into force ghosts, qui-gon had to find a way to come back from the nether world of the force using his knowledge learned from a shaman of the whills.

anyway his appearance is unmerited since luke wouldn't know who the heck is qui-gon is anyway :mrgreen:
Release the Good!

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:35 am

freefly wrote:i believe qui-gon is not powerful enough to appear as a coporeal spirit. unlike obi-wan & yoda who both shed their 'bodily' form & transformed immediately into force ghosts, qui-gon had to find a way to come back from the nether world of the force using his knowledge learned from a shaman of the whills.

anyway his appearance is unmerited since luke wouldn't know who the heck is qui-gon is anyway :mrgreen:
Without him, will Yoda and Obiwan become spirits? No
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

freefly

Post by freefly » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:06 am

that's why obi-wan & yoda returned as force spirits. they had time to prepare under qui-gon's guidance. for qui-gon to even be able to retain his prescence at all is a miracle cause most jedi simply 'become one with the force'. however it would be quite a feat for him retain his appearance considering that he died in a different manner. only other jedi (other than anakin) that managed to return as a force spirit was Ulic-Qel Droma. and his body disappeared the moment he died same way as obi-wan & yoda did
Release the Good!

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:20 am

lhs1701 wrote:
Dr EMH wrote:
lhs1701 wrote:My original copies of Star Wars on video cassettes had long being destroyed by moulds.
I have given lhs1701 my old version of Star Wars Ep 4 - 6 ... hope he enjoyed the classic edition. :wink:
Yes, it was an old version but the impression I got was, it was still not the oldest version available, but a slightly tweaked one. Even the VCD cover pictures are not the old ones. But still, this is the oldest one I had seen so far.
After reading some of these postings again, it appears that my tone here seems ungrateful. I like to apologise to DrEMH.

I am very grateful that he gave me the original versions of the Ep IV to VI, the ones before it was being "improved". I had been looking out for them for a very long time.

When I made the remarks, I thought what I watched seemed different from the original which seemed more clumsy and less special effects. The inserts also gave me an impression that these are not the original-original. I may had been fooled by these and being betrayed by my own memory. The only way to be sure is to find some really SW nut to can remember all the scenes, unfortunately, that's not me. My memory had never been really good.

Thought I had to clarify.

Return to “Everything Star Wars”