Steve Sansweet Collection

For discussions about everything Star Wars that's not related to just one particular film....

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:34 pm

IMHO its rather difficult to determine who's the largest collector. People collect different things and sometimes its not how many they have or how much space is required to display their entire collection.

For example someone who has a single life-size X-Wing will need a much large space then someone who has 1,000 units of 3.75" figures to keep that X-Wing, but it takes a heck of a lot of effort to collect 1,000 units of 3.75" figures, even though they costs a lot less then the one life-size X-Wing. The guy who owns the life-size X-Wing maybe just some dude with extra cash to throw and not necessary that big a Star Wars fan. He could have just bought the X-Wing because he can.

The 'Biggest Collector' title should goto someone who not only collects avidly, but is passionate, focused and knowledgeable about what he/she collects, and can keep the passion alive for many many years, long after the hype and rave has faded away...

freefly

Post by freefly » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:16 pm

i totally agree with you plo strax. and also i believe that title is rightfully sansweet's. he collects everything, from action figs to life size models & even things like sw towels. as in everything

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:54 pm

Agreed with Plo's assessment. Heck, you can even break down collections into, largest vintage collection, largest Action Figure collection and so on. Actually, I would also like to know whom in Singapore would be the Steve Sandsweet equivalent.
Warning - viewer discretion advised

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:33 pm

freefly wrote:... and also i believe that title is rightfully sansweet's. he collects everything, from action figs to life size models & even things like sw towels. as in everything
Not sansweet ... I'm asking who's the largest SW collector in SINGAPORE?

Btw, Plo, who's the largest SW collector in MALAYSIA?

Don't be shy lah, i'm sure many of u have very sizable SW collectibles, let's hear from u. ok? ... we really like to know who's S'p or M'sia version of sansweet 8)
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:59 am

Dr EMH wrote:Btw, Plo, who's the largest SW collector in MALAYSIA?

Don't be shy lah, i'm sure many of u have very sizable SW collectibles, let's hear from u. ok? ... we really like to know who's S'p or M'sia version of sansweet 8)
I really have no idea...Many Malaysian collectors are not the sociable type and don't make known their collection size to the public.

Of the ones I know of a few people comes to mind. One of them being the gentleman who used to operate a 'Toy Museum' in one of the malls in KL, but have since closed the museum and moved his entire collection back to his hometown due to poor patronage. However his collection is wide and varied and Star Wars is only part of what he has, although he does have some very nice SW items like a life size Vader bust with removable helmet to reveal Anakin's badly scarred head.

Another gentleman collects only high-end stuff, so he has less stuff compared to those who collect smaller items.

As for me, I'm very focused in my collecting and have sold off a lot of stuff lately. If I take an inventory I probably only have less then 200 items left, with my lightsabers, Unleashed and Koto items making up the bulk of it.

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:37 am

Plo Strax-Avix wrote:If I take an inventory I probably only have less then 200 items left, with my lightsabers, Unleashed and Koto items making up the bulk of it.
200 items?! :shock: ... that's a very respectable collection size, my friend. :D
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:35 pm

Dr EMH wrote:200 items?! :shock: ... that's a very respectable collection size, my friend. :D
The key word is 'less' then 200 :wink: more like 100+ items...

The guy who own the figures and vehicles on display at the common area outside the AoSW exhibition has way more then 200 items and I bet that's not even his entire collection...

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:58 pm

I'm sure you're right about that Plo but again we break it down - what collection? Toys? Or all things Star Wars? So hard to say right? What about that battle-damaged vehicle in one of the threads here - that is a HUGE fan too!

Anyone care to start the ball rolling by stating what their collections comprise of?

I'll start:

Soundtrack CDs
Movies on LD / Video / DVDs
A couple of statues
A number of books (magazines / art books / comic books / coffee table books)
Loads of Action Figures, vehicles and playsets (most of POTF to Episode II and what's left of vintage figures from childhood)
Some movie merchandise (stickers / cup tops / burger king toys)
Yoda life size standee
Hasbro lightsabers
Darth Maul / Darth Vader masks
T-shirts

That's about it from me.
Warning - viewer discretion advised

SoloFalcon

Post by SoloFalcon » Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:33 pm

I am the smallest collector in Singapore.
1 Darth Vader MR FX Lightsaber (Battle Damaged).
But if you count books... the count would be at 30+ items... :P
Trust me princess~

freefly

Post by freefly » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:43 pm

Dr EMH wrote:Not sansweet ... I'm asking who's the largest SW collector in SINGAPORE?
i know what you meant DR EMH, but i was'nt posting in response to yer qn. sry for the confusion.

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:46 pm

Mine is rather modest.

Soundtrack CDs
Movies on VCDs / DVDs
Lots and Lots of books and comics. I had thrown away the magazines.
Mainly Lego toys (I buy almost everyone I see, not the large ones)
A number of droids
Some toys leftover from BK promotions
Book marks
Cards
Pins
Planning to get T-shirts
Find, fix, finish

freefly

Post by freefly » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:50 pm

used to collect republic issue comics, now only into hasbro stuff. 6 vehicles & 50+ figures. a modest collection

Return to “Everything Star Wars”