The Mystery Of StarWars...

For discussions about everything Star Wars that's not related to just one particular film....

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

DarthNobody

The Mystery Of StarWars...

Post by DarthNobody » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:17 pm

Well...let us start with a basic debate...the prophecy
it is of the one who brings balance to the Force.We all know of this prophecy.But WHAT exactly is it? The dictionary says it:balance-- opposition of equal forces;a state in which two opposing forces/factors are of equal strengths or importance so that they effectively cancel each other out and stability is mantained. That was a mouthful! According to Ki-Adi-Mundi's knowledge[TPM],the Sith have been extinct for a millennia. Ok pretend the galaxy is a huge weighing scale...so now it tilts toward the Light Side.Thus,the force is out of balance.Then Qui Gonn & Obi Wan turn up and believe that skywalker will bring a balance to the force.What the didn't count on was that to bring a balance,skywalker has to either bring a rise to hundreds of Sith or kill lots of Jedi.So they were either narrowminded or dumb (OMG! i said it... :shock: )skywalker was predicted to destroy their lives, and still they trained him as a Jedi! In my point of veiw, the prophecy of balance means equal forces. And the prophecy was right. Then it balances and unbalances throughout the hexagonology. boring but hey...it's nice!
stArwaRs mAkes thE wOrld gO wiLd...

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:46 pm

I believe in duality. How can you say something is "good" if there is no comparison with something "bad"? How can you say something is "beautiful" if there is nothing "ugly" to compare with?

The Jedis were naive. They were so full of themselves that they thought that a "balance" to the force meant the golden age of Jedi when it actually meant the rise of Sith and "equalisation" of Jedis. The Jedis always thought that they were the good guys, I have my reservations on that.

If we were to extend further, after Episode VI and the death of the Emperor, the Sith appeared to be extinct. I doubt it.

The golden age will come if the Jedi and Sith can live side by side in harmony, each accepting each other's differences. Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations.
Find, fix, finish

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:27 am

To me, i see it like this.
The Jedi Council has secretly determined a menace in existence but just cannot put a finger on this phantom menace. they know trouble is brewing somewhere.
That's the clever cloaking from Palpatine but I believe the Jedi's has some kind of bad feeling. So they were open to look for the One in the prophecy and bring him/her out; whose so strong to be able to weed out the phantom menace.
But as we all know by now, the Jedi in foolishness mis-managed the One by mistrusting the boy. All the better for Palpatine to play his hand by insidiously observing all in the sidelines and manipulating all the time.

8)
ImageImageImage

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:00 am

The Jedi can't sense the dark side of the force, that's why they can't "balance" the equation.

The tilt starts to favour the Sith long before anakin was even recruited ... Palpatine mastermind the driod army and the crone army, which is unstoppable with all the might & talent of the entire Jedi population ... see how fragile the Jedi knights were when Order-66 was issued, they almost all died defendless instantly.

If the Anakin was not trained by Jedi, there's only 2 outcome:

(1) Anakin will be recruited by Palpatine directly, and become Darth Vader anyway, or perhaps become a more powerful Sith Lord since he will be trained to be more brutal since young.

(2) Anakin will not have the chance to get close to Palpatine and betray him. So no one will be powerful enough to defeat Palpatine by throwing him down the drain.

In either way, the Jedi will lose ... and the prophecy is right - the Force will not be balanced.
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:09 am

The Jedi Knights and Jedi Masters were duped into trusting the Clone Commanders and Clones completely because they had fought side by side in many battles against the droids. I suspect some of these Jedi Knight Knights and Jedi Masters would had been killed much earlier if it had not been for the Clones saving their lives, hence they trust them completely. This was before Order 66 which came suddenly without warning.

Otherwise, I doubt Jedi Knights and Jedi Masters are that easy to kill.
Find, fix, finish

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:30 am

Clones are unlike droids, they are living beings.

Like Han Solo said to Luke Skywalker ... hitting an object is one thing, but hitting a living beings is another. :roll:

Always expect the unexpected in clones ... that's why it's called Clone Wars, and not Droids Wars. :lol:

freefly

Re: The Mystery Of StarWars...

Post by freefly » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:34 pm

DarthNobody wrote:The dictionary says it:balance-- opposition of equal forces;a state in which two opposing forces/factors are of equal strengths or importance so that they effectively cancel each other out and stability is mantained.
IMO Star Wars definitions are quite different frm the dictionary. According to Lucas, to bring balance is just simply to wipe out the sith completely.. in this case, to root out the Master & the Apprentice. Not the destruction of Jedi Knights.
lhs1701 wrote:The golden age will come if the Jedi and Sith can live side by side in harmony, each accepting each other's differences. Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations
The Jedi have indeed failed in many ways & their Order is full of unnecessary prohibitions. But their core belief is still to help others. The Sith on the other hand are selfish. IMO the two Orders can never see eye to eye as their inception are based on entirely different values.
Release the Good!

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:27 pm

freefly wrote:
lhs1701 wrote:The golden age will come if the Jedi and Sith can live side by side in harmony, each accepting each other's differences. Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations
The Jedi have indeed failed in many ways & their Order is full of unnecessary prohibitions. But their core belief is still to help others. The Sith on the other hand are selfish. IMO the two Orders can never see eye to eye as their inception are based on entirely different values.
Yeah, it's like asking bush & osama to live next door in harmony ... hehe :lol:

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:11 pm

freefly wrote: The Jedi have indeed failed in many ways & their Order is full of unnecessary prohibitions. But their core belief is still to help others. The Sith on the other hand are selfish. IMO the two Orders can never see eye to eye as their inception are based on entirely different values.
There are those "Jedi" that fall in between the two, the ones who are generally selfless but do not always follow the Jedi way of life. This classification is for the Jedi Knights that live before Episode III.

If we are to accept Luke Skywalker's marriage to Mara Jade, then Luke is one of those that do not follow the Jedi's way of life. In a way, he modified it and it becomes a new Jedi way. In a way, it should evolve.
Find, fix, finish

freefly

Post by freefly » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:25 pm

lhs1701 wrote:If we are to accept Luke Skywalker's marriage to Mara Jade, then Luke is one of those that do not follow the Jedi's way of life. In a way, he modified it and it becomes a new Jedi way. In a way, it should evolve.
Luke, essentially, is following the traditions of Jedi Knights from the old republic, before they turned monastic & forbade marriage..for in the past Jedi were allowed to go on dates :D Luke's style of taking more than one apprentice & training 'older' candidates is also based on the olden days..he is merely building up the New Jedi Order upon ancient precepts & avoiding the pitfalls the Jedi Council made in the movies.

But, however, Luke did reinvent the Jedi Order..in that he allowed anger & the usage of dark energies such as Sith Lightning; in part due to Veregre's influence & the Jedi's war with the Yuuzhan Vong. But ultimately, whether he's leading the Jedi in the right way...only time will tell i suppose
Release the Good!

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:10 pm

freefly wrote: But, however, Luke did reinvent the Jedi Order..in that he allowed anger & the usage of dark energies such as Sith Lightning; in part due to Veregre's influence & the Jedi's war with the Yuuzhan Vong. But ultimately, whether he's leading the Jedi in the right way...only time will tell i suppose
I am all for Vergere's influence as I find him? her? most knowledgeable. Jason under Vergere's tutelage should prove a good successor to Luke Skywalker.
Find, fix, finish

freefly

Post by freefly » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:46 pm

Yeah maybe. However she's dead. But isn't Jason growing into some kind of pacifist
Release the Good!

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:47 am

freefly wrote:Yeah maybe. However she's dead. But isn't Jason growing into some kind of pacifist
I believe he was but after Vergere's influence, I am not so sure.
Find, fix, finish

DarthNobody

Post by DarthNobody » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:58 pm

well...it is all up to the force U can't change it....nice debating w/ u guys keep it up !

DarthNobody

Post by DarthNobody » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:05 pm

tHe trUe biRth of Anakin
First,that perhaps Shmi lied about Anakin's birth.Secondly,the common opinion that he was created by the will of the force.So Shmi lied about Anakin's birth to make him seem more impressive to the Jedi in hopes of doing something good for her son.The things going for this theory are that Shmi told Qui-Gon about this before he had ever really seen many of Anakin's abilities or begun the ordeal with the podrace. Thus, she would have believed that the Jedi were leaving as soon as they could and wanted to do everything in her power to make them do something good for Anakin.But, the things against this theory stack up far too well for it to hold up: Anakin was a very loving, very kind kid. It's obvious in the movies and even more so in the books. If his mother was so deceptive, I do not believe he would have grown up the way he did. In addition to this, we have no proof that Shmi had ever lied before. So why should we believe that Shmi would lie just in this one scenario? Plus, lying of this sort just doesn't fit with the SW saga, it isn't that dark and the other theories are simply far more likely.Did Shmi lie? Did Anakin have a real, living father? In my opinion, no way. I think in Shmi's perspective, it was exactly as she said.And now, on to the theory that you've all been waiting to here my opinion on (hopefully): Anakin was created by the will of the force.It is a religious thing at heart, and the balance spoken of in the prophecy happens at the end of ROTJ because everyone respects the force again as they should. With that said, the force obviously becomes almost a living, breathing thing that is constantly influencing events so that what it feels is correct will eventually come to pass, no matter the cost.For people to respect it again as they should, the force needed Anakin. The Jedi had become arrogant, so it used the Sith to put them back into their place. It was their doctrines that were ultimately more in the force's interests for the universe however, so they survived in the end.Look at Palpatine for an example. Yes, he had these elaborate and amazing plans, but everything (mostly about Anakin) also played directly into his hands. Events that he could not possibly have controlled played directly to his favor. Maul died and Anakin showed up. Anakin and Padme fell in love. The Hyperdrive core failed and allowed Anakin to be found in the first place. Everything concerning Anakin in the prequels also concerns Palpatine getting lucky. The force was with him, so to speak, and obviously not with the Jedi. The force wanted Anakin to become Vader and return balance. And Padme ok this is sad. She "officially" died of a broken heart, but it is my belief that the force took her to place Anakin firmly in Palpatine's hands. So basically, Anakin's whole life was and seems chosen by the force. I don't think it would be pushing it at all to assume that it created him as well. And as many people have said, it also makes for a great religious analogy for Lucas and fits into what seem to be his visions of the series.So my final word?I believe that Anakin was created by the force, exactly as the movies state. I think it is the true meaning of the prophecy that people are having trouble grasping, and thus they aren't seeing that the force controlled his life from the beginning. Once this is seen, I think the connection is obvious.
.... :D

Return to “Everything Star Wars”