unfeasible stuff in SW

For discussions about everything Star Wars that's not related to just one particular film....

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

guywithballz

unfeasible stuff in SW

Post by guywithballz » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:58 pm

hihi! hansen here! let's talk about all the wierd stuff u see in SW films dat dn relli make a lot of sense...
1) AT-ATs have you noticed, that the AT-AT is a gr8 big, fat thing, which needs such a large body, so that is can power 4 small, puny cannons... isn't that just dumb? and if it also functioned as a troop carrier... then why don't they just arm it even more, and make it a freakin' tank?!?!?!?!
2) Holes. holes, holes, holes. have u noticed that there are a lot of holes in SW movies? ep 4: the reactor room was just a platform over a hole. leia and luke swang over a hole... or chasm, whatever... and the mother of all holey stuff in ep 4, the death star was destroyed cos luke blasted 2 missiles... INTO A HOLE! ep 5: the imperial probe droid emerged frm a hole, luke was stuffed into a hole for warmth, and lastly, in order 2 escape frm vader, luke dropped down a hole! ep 6: luke and gang were almost forced to be fed to a sarlaac, hu lived in a hole in the ground!!! the second death star was destroyed because they built a millenium falcon shaped hole, that led to, of all places... the power core! and lastly, the emperor was killed, after being thrown... DOWN A HOLE!!!! ep 1: Darth maul fell down a hole... i got nth fer ep 2... ep 3: my fav... firstly, anakin, obi-wan and palpatine were stuck in a hole (read elevator shaft) yoda had to climb out through a hole to escape palpatine, and lastly, the king of all holes! UTAPAU IS JUST A GREAT BIG HOLE!!!

Sraye

Post by Sraye » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:11 pm

... Well, the plot has "holes" as well, LOOPholes.

guywithballz

Post by guywithballz » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:49 pm

example?

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:37 am

You prefer the characters to appear and disappear like Star Trek? Nothing better than holes... You can consider Star Wars as 'holey' then... :)
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:54 am

You forgot the humongous hole the MF went into on an asteroid to evade Imperial pursuit...

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:58 am

And, inter alia, Luke Skywalker's home was in a hole, R2 was sucked up into a hole on Tatooine and then he hide in a hole when the sandpeople attacked, on landing on the Death Star, the whole gang of them hid in a hole (cargo hold), they climbed up and down holes to get to the canon on the Falcon to fight off the Tie-Fighters, the cockpits of the X-Wing and Tie Fighters are little holes too.

Yup, holey big use of holes!!!
Warning - viewer discretion advised

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:06 pm

Actually a number of machines in SW are unsound too.

Take the walkers. I doubt they will ever work in real life even with scientific advances. Think of the balance and energy required to support a big head on two puny legs. Also I would have thought, I shot from the cannon and they will fall backwards.

I had difficulty even balancing the models for display without a lot of blue tac to hold the legs on the surface.
:D
Find, fix, finish

guywithballz

Post by guywithballz » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:34 pm

lhs1701 wrote:Actually a number of machines in SW are unsound too.

Take the walkers. I doubt they will ever work in real life even with scientific advances. Think of the balance and energy required to support a big head on two puny legs. Also I would have thought, I shot from the cannon and they will fall backwards.

I had difficulty even balancing the models for display without a lot of blue tac to hold the legs on the surface.
:D
quite true. the at-sts are unsound too... anything that heavy supported on such small areas of contact would topple over, much less trudge through a battlefield...

Return to “Everything Star Wars”