When and how did you get interested in Star Wars?

For discussions about everything Star Wars that's not related to just one particular film....

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

Commander_Salji

Post by Commander_Salji » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:09 pm

lhs1701 wrote:Looking back at my earlier post, I realise I got the year wrong. I watch Star Wars, A New Hope when it came to Singapore in 1977 (I hope I got that right).
Hate to spoil your reminiscenes lhs1701, according to Official Lucas Film documentation in the past issues of STAR WARS INSIDER, the relase of STAR WARS (or what Ep IV : ANH was called then) was in 1978. In 1977 STAR WARS was only released within the UNITED STATES. So I believe that the year should be 1978 in Singapore as in Malaysia, when I watched it as a Sith youngling :twisted: in Cathay Cinema, Kuala Lumpur.

lhs1701 wrote:When the Star Destroyer moved across the screen, I was peeping underneath the Star Destroyer to see whatelse I can see.
Now with the Imperial Star Destroyer prop on display at the ART Of STAR WARS Exhibition, I'm sure you would have checked out the underneath of the prop to your heart's content. Here's are 2 GOOD Pic taken by Plo Strax-Avix at AOSW on 12 December 2005 to tantalize you curiosity further! :twisted: :lol:

IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER PROP

WHAT's UNDERNEATH the STAR DESTROYER :shock:

TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870
Outpost Founding Member and CO Emeritus

DarthNobody

Post by DarthNobody » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:49 pm

[quote]Looks like its another teenager here
How old are you? We got at least 2 17 year olds here
Me and Faie[/quote]

nah me is 13! haha...lol
stArwaRs mAkes thE wOrld gO wiLd...

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:52 pm

e3lipse wrote:
Commander Faie wrote:i didnt knew SW when i was a kid. My dad intro me one.
His a fan himself. :lol:
There we go... my 1000th post 8)
He likes the Imperial March music, just now i was playing that out loud on my PC full blast and he was going this star wars tack very nice...

Congrats 1000+ posts! u broke the record! :D

Yo SITH OverLORD, that is an awesome shot at the bottom of the star destroyer!!! Ok ctrl C and ctrl v on my star wars pic files.

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:02 pm

Commander Faie wrote:Yo SITH OverLORD, that is an awesome shot at the bottom of the star destroyer!!! Ok ctrl C and ctrl v on my star wars pic files.
I took that shot lying on the floor. I just changed fresh batteries and all my camera functions were reset and I forgot to disable the flash. So.... :oops:

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:08 pm

Plo Strax-Avix wrote:
Commander Faie wrote:Yo SITH OverLORD, that is an awesome shot at the bottom of the star destroyer!!! Ok ctrl C and ctrl v on my star wars pic files.
I took that shot lying on the floor. I just changed fresh batteries and all my camera functions were reset and I forgot to disable the flash. So.... :oops:
Ok thanks for the pic (with flash)... its an accidental but awesome pic! i took without flash and its all black, sobs.

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:24 pm

Wished tantive IV's below
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:32 pm

If only there's a complete (Acclamator, Venator, Victory, Imperial, Super etc)Star Destroyer evolution model display... *drool*...

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:37 pm

Commander Faie wrote:If only there's a complete (Acclamator, Venator, Victory, Imperial, Super etc)Star Destroyer evolution model display... *drool*...
Some where never even made for movies
and some is CG (with maybe small models)
So nope, just that don't know who who kept making noise that no clones where shown.
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:51 pm

e3lipse wrote:
Commander Faie wrote:If only there's a complete (Acclamator, Venator, Victory, Imperial, Super etc)Star Destroyer evolution model display... *drool*...
Some where never even made for movies
and some is CG (with maybe small models)
So nope, just that don't know who who kept making noise that no clones where shown.
but SSD isn't CG animation, so which country exhibition is it in?

Return to “Everything Star Wars”