who is the most powerful person in Star Wars?

For discussions about everything Star Wars that's not related to just one particular film....

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

Handsome

Post by Handsome » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:35 am

Palpatine did not toy around with him. Palpatine got his ass kicked by mace windu. BTW all the other vapaad people only could match him because vapaad mastered them, allowing to use 100% dark side energy. Which makes user more powerful in combat.
Depa billiabong was youngest master but not youngest council member..said in anger by Anakin in ep3 book about reason why mace opposed his seat on council as a master.
Get this also, he is the only master of vapaad. The rest were mastered by vapaad.
Doubt cin draling was any good also. He was not a council member which consisted of the few most powerful and wise jedi. He also fell within seconds to Anakin when he raided the temple.
Mace only fell at Anakin's hand because he was solely concentrating on palpatines shatterpoint and not anakin's.
Last edited by Handsome on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You'll find I'm full of surprises."

Luke

Hiro

Post by Hiro » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:23 pm

Handsome wrote:Palpatine did not toy around with him. Palpatine got his ass kicked by mace windu. BTW all the other vapaad people only could match him because vapaad mastered them, allowing to use 100% dark side energy. Which makes user more powerful in combat.
Get this also, he is the only master of vapaad. The rest were mastered by vapaad.
Doubt cin draling was any good also. He was not a council member which consisted of the few most powerful and wise jedi. He also fell within seconds to Anakin when he raided the temple.
Mace only fell at Anakin's hand because he was solely concentrating on palpatines shatterpoint and not anakin's.
Mace was pretty much corrupted by his anger during the duel, Palpatine fed on it, Mace fell, pretty much like the others.
Cin Drallig is the BattleMaster, a post only he was capable of holding. The council focuses on different issues... and he didn't fall seconds to Anakin, it took quite a number of clone troopers + Anakin.

The whole duel was part of Palpatine's plans, he needed it to look like it was an assassination attempt, he needed Anakin's dilemma to force him into submitting to the dark side.
If he were to slaughter Windu outright, all that wouldn't work.

Like when Palpatine fought Yoda, he didn't have any reason to lose to Yoda, so he fought with full power, simple isn't it

Handsome

Post by Handsome » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:00 pm

He didn't fall. He was betrayed. Battlemaster who was not shown in movies. Stated that mace could only be matched by Yoda , palpatine and dooku. Not some minor charcter cin draling. That battlemaster is also just a job given to teach younglings. A good teacher does.not spell a good fighter. Like a good coach does.not spell.a good player.

Anakin also said as wise as Yoda as powerful as mace windu. Not as powerful as uncle draling.
Anyway draling did not master vapaad.

Luke

Handsome

Post by Handsome » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:08 pm

Anyway, if palpatine was so powerful, he could have killed mace within the first few seconds. And then focused all the strength on bringing out the darkside of Anakin in a duel. It would have probably not as easy to turn him but easy enough due to his strongly conficted feelings and desire to save padme. Like in the duel with dooku. Force him to use his anger.
Mace windu s vapaad also countered palpatines dark.side power by channeling the dark side against him, as seen clearly by the reflection of lighting.

Luke

domz

Post by domz » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:29 pm

Depends on what you mean by "powerful". Is it different from, say, "influential"? If you're talking about in-universe characters, might I suggest Odan Urr. His overreaction in reforming the Jedi code laid the foundation for millennia of conservative withdrawal that Palpatine eventually exploited to activate Anakin (among many other universe-shaking developments). Alternatively, if you allow the Force itself to be personified (as Kreia clearly did), maybe that's the most powerful "person". If it had a name, I'd call it Darth Coulomb (that explains the lightning).
Handsome wrote:Fact that George Lucas allowed Jackson to use purple and no one else also stands for something!
If ex-universe personalities like Lucas are relevant, well, then it stands for the fact that Lucas controls the Star Wars universe. Although if you define power as different from influence, then maybe Lucas is merely the most influential in deciding general direction, whereas the most powerful would be Micheline Chau.
TR 7248
Legion Events Co-ordinator

Hiro

Post by Hiro » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:01 pm

Handsome wrote:Anyway, if palpatine was so powerful, he could have killed mace within the first few seconds. And then focused all the strength on bringing out the darkside of Anakin in a duel. It would have probably not as easy to turn him but easy enough due to his strongly conficted feelings and desire to save padme. Like in the duel with dooku. Force him to use his anger.
Mace windu s vapaad also countered palpatines dark.side power by channeling the dark side against him, as seen clearly by the reflection of lighting.
He could if he wanted to, but with all these deception he can manipulate the senate, turn Anakin and rid of all the jedi "Legally"
Why undo over 30 years of work by killing Windu like that?
The fact that Windu is using Vapaad is his disadvantage since Palpatine is feeding on it...
Think logically, if the bolts of lightning is really hurting you, what is the best option
A) stop using the force lightning.
B) Keep using it, you look cool with the scars even though it's going to kill you

Looks like Palpatine had you fooled too

Handsome

Post by Handsome » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:33 am

I rather think that Mace's Vapaad fed on Palpatines hate. Not the other way around. Anyway Vapaad worked as a channel to direct Palpatines Dark lightning directly back at palpatine. He was the only one able to do that, because of Vapaad. The rest only captured it with their Lightsabers, aka Obi Wan.

And i strongly doubt he could if he wanted too. Mace was the epitomy of power.

"as wise as master Yoda, as powerful as master Windu".

anyway Palpatine was older and thus less fit. So as the battle progressed, he could have tired and got his ass kicked..

Luke

Hiro

Post by Hiro » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:43 pm

Considering that was quoted from Anakin who isn't a master...
Anakin feared Windu since his padawan days because he is a stern person who doesn't show weakness, that's all

If you take that quote so seriously, then Obiwan is the most powerful person since he's has both Yoda and Windu's strength

You know how old the Sith Emperor was back in Old republic? he was 4000 years old and he isn't of Yoda race, and he still kicked ass.

If say it was an unconditioned fight between Windu and Palpatine, Palpatine won't even need to draw his saber in the 1st place...

Its all play acting on his part to take over the galaxy
Last edited by Hiro on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Handsome

Post by Handsome » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:47 pm

Its like saying u are as smart as Einstein. it is a comopliment and It's a method of speech..course u ain't as smart as Einstein . But it shows that Einstein the somewhat the symbol of someone with incredible intellect.
Last edited by Handsome on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luke

Handsome

Post by Handsome » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:49 pm

and I doubt palpatine was such a good seer.being able to see the future so well. Cause he got thrown into the electric endless dustbin by vader. Not able to sense vaders change in allegience.

Luke

Hiro

Post by Hiro » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:57 pm

He did sense Vader's thoughts of betrayal, why do you think he has his own clones for revival.....
Plus the number of attempts he tried to replace Vader... i lost count

Handsome

Post by Handsome » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:39 pm

I mean the geroge Lucas original movies...

Luke

Handsome

Post by Handsome » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:43 pm

And I think Luke skywalker would be the most powerful in the new republic.

Luke

Handsome

Post by Handsome » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:03 pm

Please continue posting!

Luke

Handsome

Post by Handsome » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:00 am

Hi But was it stated somewhere that George Lucas said that Anakin had the highest potential in the Microchrodian count but Luke Skywalker ended up being the most powerful force user. Is it true?

Luke

Return to “Everything Star Wars”