FANS, FANATIC

For discussions about everything Star Wars that's not related to just one particular film....

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

DEX

FANS, FANATIC

Post by DEX » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:19 am

Hello there.

I can say that I'm quite new to the Forum and I don't know anyone here. So I'm just wondering how young/old you guys are and how long have you been a Star Wars fan?

I'll start first:

I'm 27 years old. I started to have an interest in Star Wars after watching Episode 3 which is this year. Believe ot or not I haven't watch 4, 5, 6 before. After watching Ep.3, I had to continue. So I bought the DVD. Then I went back to 1,2 and 3 again. After that I got hooked.....

What about you?
"Choska rini do pat slimo!"

Gandalf Fett

6 or 7 to 30+

Post by Gandalf Fett » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:18 am

The first time I ever saw anything related to Star Wars was the trailer playing in Cathay cinema (in case anyone don't know or is too young to remember - Cathay used to be this really grand cinema down the road from Plaza Singapura and was considered to be really posh and upmarket as they brought in western movies instead of just the usual Chinese fare). I was outside the doors (can't even remember what I was doing there - I was 6 or 7 then) and saw the image of C-3PO kicking R2-D2 against a background of sand dunes.

I watched Episode IV at Odean cinema (down at Bras Basha - if anyone remembers) and was totally blown away by it. The visuals, the adventure, the characters. Magical. Absolutely and totally magical. Imagine being a kid of 6 or 7 years old, sitting in a darkened cinema, a GRAND darkened cinema with heavy drapes at the entrance and watching a grand spaceship flying across the screen with laser fire. Blaster rifles, Darth Vader and stormtroopers. Droids in numerous forms and of differing colors and shine. Damsels in distress and a dog fight at the end.

Magical Simply magical.

Then a trip to Yaohan (who remembers Yaohan??) and my mom bought me my very first Star Wars action figure. Luke with telescoping lightsaber.

I don't think that there are any words in the English dictionary that could ever describe that happiness (euphoria is still an understatement) I felt then.

I went home that night and described the entire movie to my uncle(s) whom I was living with then. I was so high and the images of the stormtroopers so fresh in my mind.

Those are my first memories of Star Wars and when the love affair began.

I'll be 34 this year.
Warning - viewer discretion advised

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:19 am

I do tend to go on don't I?

Must be the age thing getting to me.
Warning - viewer discretion advised

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:24 pm

Does knowing relatively above average knowledge of SW stuff, watching all 6 eps and clone wars micro series minus books minus comics and REALLY SIAO over Phase II Clones qualify as a SW Fan???

Me 17 year old guy.

DarthNobody

Post by DarthNobody » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:03 pm

man i got hooked when i was a toddler! haha...no wonder i'm so seceluded from the world...i've always been living in my own world
stArwaRs mAkes thE wOrld gO wiLd...

Dr EMH

Re: FANS, FANATIC

Post by Dr EMH » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:47 am

DEX wrote:... I started to have an interest in Star Wars after watching Episode 3 which is this year. Believe ot or not I haven't watch 4, 5, 6 before...
*sigh* no wonder no one know ham swallow ... :( :lol:
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Return to “Everything Star Wars”