Let's talk specifically about Phase II Clones!

For discussions about everything Star Wars that's not related to just one particular film....

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

Impulse

Let's talk specifically about Phase II Clones!

Post by Impulse » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:00 pm

List of Phase 2 Clones in Episode III

Normal White Clones (Movie)

Commander A’den
A’den Grunts = Bly’s Grunts (Consider to be in movie)

Commander Appo (Movie)
Appo Grunts = Appo because same elite ranks (Movie)

Commander Bacara (Movie)
Bacara Snowtroopers (Consider to be in movie)

Commander Bly (Movie)
Bly Grunts (Movie)

Commander Cody (Movie)
Cody’s Sergeants; Sergeant Fox (Movie)
Cody’s Grunts (Movie)

Commander Deviss

Commander Faie
Faie Grunts = Bacara Snowtroopers (Consider to be in movie)

Captain Fordo

Commander Gree (Movie)
Gree’s Scouts (Movie)
Gree’s AT-RT Drivers (Movie)

Captain Jag

Commander Keller
Keller’s Snowtroopers

Commander Neyo (Movie)
Neyo’s Grunts (Movie)

Commander Odd ball (Movie)
Odd ball’s Clone Pilots

Commander Thire (Movie)
Thire’s Shocktroopers (Movie)

---
Let’s talk about some clones that were not from the movie.

Commander A’den
[No Pic]
Clone Commander A'den was the overseer of the 7th Legion under the 327th Star Corps led by Clone Marshal Commander Bly.

Commander Deviss
Commander Deviss was originally a Captain in the Grand Army of the Republic. He led the Hawkbat battalion at Geonosis and poor strategic management on the part of his superiors saw his group almost entirely demolished. For bravery in the line of fire, Captain Deviss (CT-65/91-6210) was awarded a medal after surviving the battle and came to be assigned to the 327th Star Corps under Commander Bly. During the Battle of Altyr V, Deviss was forced to innovate a successful strategy after his Jedi General was killed. He ended up dealing enough damage to Separatist defenses that he was credited with winning the battle for the Republic. Commander Bly promoted him to the rank of Commander, recognizing the trooper's ability.

Commander Faie
Commander Faie was one of many specially trained clone trooper commanders to fight in the conflict known as The Clone Wars. Faie was dispatched to Saleucami during the height of the Clone Wars and there commanded the engineering divisions of the Jedi General Stass Allie. In some artworks, Faie was spotted to have command of snowtroopers. In some other sources, it was claimed that Faie was in Coruscant hunting down Jedis in the Jedi Temple alongside with Appo, because Faie was wearing a robe to disguise himself. So where was he belong to, I can’t be too sure.

Captain Fordo
Appear in Star Wars: Clone Wars Micro Series. He led his group of clones to defend Coruscant. His original name was “Ordo”, but later was known as “Fordo”.

Captain Jag
http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/bts ... 40830.html
The jetpack Clone is Captain "Jag". Who later became Plo Koon's wingman, and was the one who shot him down over Cato Neimoidia.

Commander Keller
[No Pic]
Commander Keller was a clone commander who fought in The Clone Wars. Keller survived the conflict and, after the issuing of Order 66, led a squadron of snowtroopers in search of Jedi who had survived the initial purge of Generals hiding on the Whiphid homeworld of Toola.

dranoel
Site Admin

Re: Let's talk specifically about Phase II Clones!

Post by dranoel » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:32 pm

Commander Faie wrote:List of Phase 2 Clones in Episode III
Captain Fordo
ah, my weary eyes.... for a moment there, my brainwaves were twitching with another 3 Clone Captains named Sam, Merry and Pippin :P

by the way, I am not so attuned to what are Phase 2 Clones? anybody?

DEX

Post by DEX » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:57 am

I guess Phase 2 clones simply means the design.

We first see Phase 1 clones in Episode 2. Then the clone trooper design evolved into what we see in Episode 3. And the design somewhat 'evolved' into the stormtrooper which I guess are not clones anymore.

It's quite easy to figure it out. Just see the evolutions pack.

So Phase 2 design is a mix of Ep.2 and Ep.4.

I personally favour Phase 2 clones because they're cool. Look more 'garang'. The phase 1 clones looked simple. The stormtrooper design really looked moronic and uncomfortable.

Anyway, phase 2 have more color for differentiation, ranks and posts. I mean, if you have thousands of clones, how are you gonna identify them right? So the designers are smart to add colour e.g. Yellow for Bly, Green for Gree, Orange for Cody, Red for Thire, Blue for Appo etc. Not forgetting the different helmet design for easier identification.

I also liked the Binoculars that clone commanders wear on their helmet.

Man if we could see more action from the clone toopers going into battle, that'll be cool....

There's one thing I'm curious about the Clone Trooper's design though (No i'm not curious how they go to toilet).
With all the armour and all...I was wondering, is there any space for them to carry water bottles? Any army personnel will know that soldiers carry water bottles to prevent de-hydration and thirst.

After studying the clone trooper design closely, water could be a problem. What do you think guys?
"Choska rini do pat slimo!"

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:25 am

The armour contains the same technology used by the Freman on Arrakis. When Palpatine was seconded to Arrakis for a year after the death of that system's emperor (which was probably when Palpatine took his cue to ultimately want to be emperor as well), he found out about the technology and capabilities of the still-suits and that idea stayed with him since.

Thus, when specifying the functional requirements for the clone troopers armour, he made sure that those capabilities and technology are incorporated as well. This will ensure that the clones would be properly ventilated, norished, had sufficient water and it took care of the going to toilet issue as well.

:o :lol: 8)
Warning - viewer discretion advised

DEX

Post by DEX » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:22 pm

Great info Gandalf Fett!

My question has been answered. Thanks!
"Choska rini do pat slimo!"

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:05 pm

Gandalf Fett wrote:The armour contains the same technology used by the Freman on Arrakis. When Palpatine was seconded to Arrakis for a year after the death of that system's emperor (which was probably when Palpatine took his cue to ultimately want to be emperor as well), he found out about the technology and capabilities of the still-suits and that idea stayed with him since.
Thus, when specifying the functional requirements for the clone troopers armour, he made sure that those capabilities and technology are incorporated as well. This will ensure that the clones would be properly ventilated, norished, had sufficient water and it took care of the going to toilet issue as well.
Ah ha! Now i understand why the clone inner black suit resembles the fremen still suits! Thanks!

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:05 pm

then i guess the deserts of tatooine are actually abundant spice resources... and the sarlacc pit... well, that is a spice worm yeah? :lol:

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:17 am

Spice comes from the worms (not the deserts) and there aren't any worms on Tatooine. They only have banthas, sand people and jawas (et el). Which was probably why all that rhythm from Mos Eisley didn't attract any worms.

The sarlacc pit didn't used to have worms in them but it was subsequently transported from Arrakis and dumped there by Han Solo when trying to transport it back to Jabba. Which was why Jabba was so angry with Han.....

:D :lol: :lol: :wink:

OK, I'll stop now.

Apologies for going WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY off topic. :oops:
Warning - viewer discretion advised

Return to “Everything Star Wars”