top ten greatest star wars lightsaber duels

For discussions about everything Star Wars that's not related to just one particular film....

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

feitonglong

top ten greatest star wars lightsaber duels

Post by feitonglong » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:21 pm

which is your favorite? .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_yY7cDKhOU

gundam_skywalker

Post by gundam_skywalker » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:11 am

Putting ROTJ and ESB at number 4 and 6 is not really justified as these sword fights are so slow and old fashioned. The Naboo sword fight should be replaced at no. 1 then the Mustafa sword fight. Darth Maul's moves are mind blowing. I was really fasinated at how Jedi really fights in EP1 compared to how Luke use his lightsaber. :? Mustafa sword fight is not bad but I find it too long. It should not get the no. 1 place.

al13ns
Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates

Post by al13ns » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:40 am

yes i agree with u Gundam ; IMO, Obi & Qui-Gon vs Maul should be no 1, followed by Anakin vs Obi and Obi & Anakin vs Dooku (ep III).

btw, it's Mustafar not Mustafa :)
ImageImageImage

Gordonator

Post by Gordonator » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:42 pm

All the lightsaber duels in the prequels look overly choreographed. It's like they know where the opponent(s) are going strike next. :roll:

khisking

Post by khisking » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:09 pm

Gordonator wrote:All the lightsaber duels in the prequels look overly choreographed. It's like they know where the opponent(s) are going strike next. :roll:
Isn't that the job of the force? To guide the jedi's lightsabers :D well, maybe partially..
"Size matters not. Judge me by my size do you?"

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:02 pm

actually i preferred the luke vs vader duels ..... :D

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:30 am

khisking wrote:
Gordonator wrote:All the lightsaber duels in the prequels look overly choreographed. It's like they know where the opponent(s) are going strike next. :roll:
Isn't that the job of the force? To guide the jedi's lightsabers :D well, maybe partially..
yes that's kinda true actually.
and there's a vast difference in terms of choreography and style between prequels and OT.

But Obi-Wan rocks!
I think he's the only Jedi who's fought more than one Sith Lord.
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

gundam_skywalker

Post by gundam_skywalker » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:50 am

al13ns wrote:yes i agree with u Gundam ; IMO, Obi & Qui-Gon vs Maul should be no 1, followed by Anakin vs Obi and Obi & Anakin vs Dooku (ep III).

Thanks for the correction. You were saying Anakin vs Obi and Obi & Anakin vs Dooku in EPII or EPIII? For me, I think EPII is better with Anakin using double lightsaber. Too bad his hand got cut off.

For what Gordonator said, the sword fight is similar to our Chinese Kungfu movies. So, our chinese swordmen are force sensitive? :lol:

khisking

Post by khisking » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:28 pm

For what Gordonator said, the sword fight is similar to our Chinese Kungfu movies. So, our chinese swordmen are force sensitive? :lol:
I supposed its called Chi :lol:
"Size matters not. Judge me by my size do you?"

al13ns
Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates

Post by al13ns » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:01 pm

gundam_skywalker wrote:
al13ns wrote:yes i agree with u Gundam ; IMO, Obi & Qui-Gon vs Maul should be no 1, followed by Anakin vs Obi and Obi & Anakin vs Dooku (ep III).

Thanks for the correction. You were saying Anakin vs Obi and Obi & Anakin vs Dooku in EPII or EPIII? For me, I think EPII is better with Anakin using double lightsaber. Too bad his hand got cut off.
Anakin vs Obi (ep III) and Anakin & Obi vs Dooku (ep III)...i was surprised that Dooku was easily defeated by Anakin
ImageImageImage

Return to “Everything Star Wars”