THE GALACTIC SENATE

The official forum of the sg_starwars mailing list. We are now also at www.facebook.com/GalacticSenate
It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:24 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:21 pm 

which is your favorite? .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_yY7cDKhOU

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:11 am 

Putting ROTJ and ESB at number 4 and 6 is not really justified as these sword fights are so slow and old fashioned. The Naboo sword fight should be replaced at no. 1 then the Mustafa sword fight. Darth Maul's moves are mind blowing. I was really fasinated at how Jedi really fights in EP1 compared to how Luke use his lightsaber. :? Mustafa sword fight is not bad but I find it too long. It should not get the no. 1 place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:40 am 

Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates
yes i agree with u Gundam ; IMO, Obi & Qui-Gon vs Maul should be no 1, followed by Anakin vs Obi and Obi & Anakin vs Dooku (ep III).

btw, it's Mustafar not Mustafa :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:42 pm 

All the lightsaber duels in the prequels look overly choreographed. It's like they know where the opponent(s) are going strike next. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:09 pm 

Gordonator wrote:
All the lightsaber duels in the prequels look overly choreographed. It's like they know where the opponent(s) are going strike next. :roll:

Isn't that the job of the force? To guide the jedi's lightsabers :D well, maybe partially..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:02 pm 

actually i preferred the luke vs vader duels ..... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:30 am 

khisking wrote:
Gordonator wrote:

Isn't that the job of the force? To guide the jedi's lightsabers :D well, maybe partially..

yes that's kinda true actually.
and there's a vast difference in terms of choreography and style between prequels and OT.

But Obi-Wan rocks!
I think he's the only Jedi who's fought more than one Sith Lord.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:50 am 

al13ns wrote:
yes i agree with u Gundam ; IMO, Obi & Qui-Gon vs Maul should be no 1, followed by Anakin vs Obi and Obi & Anakin vs Dooku (ep III).

Thanks for the correction. You were saying Anakin vs Obi and Obi & Anakin vs Dooku in EPII or EPIII? For me, I think EPII is better with Anakin using double lightsaber. Too bad his hand got cut off.

For what Gordonator said, the sword fight is similar to our Chinese Kungfu movies. So, our chinese swordmen are force sensitive? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:28 pm 

Quote:
For what Gordonator said, the sword fight is similar to our Chinese Kungfu movies. So, our chinese swordmen are force sensitive? :lol:

I supposed its called Chi :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:01 pm 

Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates
gundam_skywalker wrote:
al13ns wrote:

Thanks for the correction. You were saying Anakin vs Obi and Obi & Anakin vs Dooku in EPII or EPIII? For me, I think EPII is better with Anakin using double lightsaber. Too bad his hand got cut off.

Anakin vs Obi (ep III) and Anakin & Obi vs Dooku (ep III)...i was surprised that Dooku was easily defeated by Anakin